Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
twofortyhatch

Trader Rating: (0)
twofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to twofortyhatch
stock sr ecu supposed to look like this?

i've been trying to figure out the current issue with my car, found here... http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/3203...ting-help.html

i pulled my ecu and opened it up to take a look to see if anything was out of the ordinary, and i found this. unless stock sr ecu's look like they've been glue gunned?

twofortyhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
someone correct me but that looks like my ka ecu and does not look like my sr ecu.

neither of which contain hot glue.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Chipped ECU...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
midnight_rex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
midnight_rex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeup that is indeed a chipped ECU
midnight_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
twofortyhatch

twofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choicestwofortyhatch has made poor choices
might i ask how you guys know it's a chipped ecu? just because of the glue, or is there something in there that isn't in a stock ecu? i've never looked into an sr ecu before so this is new to me.

no this raises many questions, like if it has something to do with my current issue with my car. i posted a link to the thread at the top of the page.

thanks guys for your input so far.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i think its that whole extra section added on. the two long pieces are the chips

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Also, you shouldn't be yanking on your D with the ECU open like that.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysk8er2 View Post
i think its that whole extra section added on. the two long pieces are the chips
DING DING DING DING!!! That circuit card on top is a soldered on piece that is added to chip the ECU. Those RAM looking pieces are the chips.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
twofortyhatch

okay so maybe something in my ECU did go funky and that's why my car is running retarded. i wish there was a way to find out who chipped it.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What do those Green labels on the chips say?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
twofortyhatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14db View Post
what do those green labels on the chips say?
180sxdm3-vud
Old 05-07-2010, 03:25 AM   #12
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofortyhatch View Post
okay so maybe something in my ECU did go funky and that's why my car is running retarded. i wish there was a way to find out who chipped it.
Wouldnt do you any good finding out who chipped it, what matters the most is figuring out what it was chipped for setup wise.

Then again i just read your other post, looks like this issue is something that came out of the blue. So whatever it was chipped for, it worked for you for a bit. Find another ECU and hope to god it doesnt fry that one too. I've seen enough folks have ECU issues borrow somebody else's ECu and end up frying that too...

See if you can pull a code on your ECU first, it might just need to be resetted.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:06 AM   #13
twofortyhatch

yea I'm afraid of frying my friends ecu. I've tried pulling a code, but my ecu has had the red light removed from it.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #14
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
PERHAPS - its just not tuned for your setup...

the glue is ordinary.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #15
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
best bet is to send it out to people who work with chipped ecus like enthalpy or jwt they can tap into it and possibly retune it for u.

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted