Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
BiggDatty

Trader Rating: (0)
BiggDatty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question New car soon, GSR or 240SX?

Getting another car soon and came down to two choices that come to my interest. VTEC or SKIDS? :/
*Both Cars WILL be stock, rebuilding is going to be a solution to that* (;
94-01 INTEGRA GSR B18C1

OR

240SX Hatchback SOHC/DOHC? KA24/DE

I will be rebuilding the engine when I get the new car. Internally and externally 100%. Planning to Turbocharge the GSR or maybe ITB's. For the 240, most likely a SR20DET swap. HELP ME PICK, I believe both cars are great when it comes to performance, but they're so great, I'm at a roadblock of decision on what to choose. HELP MEEEEE

-Dat
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #2
RickyS13.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
RickyS13. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Still don't know wtf is so good about vtec unless youre building a drag car then I guess vtec is okay. The dumb sound it makes?

Get a Prius. /thread
Old 07-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Get a motorcycle and take it to the track. You'll find yourself not giving a shit about building cars anymore.

edit: expect a biased answer, as you are asking this question on a 240sx forum..

http://milktea-man.com

Last edited by KevinEdgar; 07-14-2014 at 10:12 PM..
Old 07-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #4
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The way I look at it is do u want a fwd or rwd? To me a rwd is more fun to drive and stock vs stock the gsr might be faster. But once you consider comparing to a sr20 vs. b18 then the best bang for the buck comes into play and I would imagine building let's say a 400whp car, the 240 with a sr20 would be easier/cheaper..
Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Also there's in my opinion way more options of aero combos that actually look good and motor swaps for a s chassis compared to a gsr...also you can actually drift in one if that's what you wanna do
Old 08-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
get a Prius or Volt
Old 08-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #7
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinEdgar View Post
Get a motorcycle and take it to the track. You'll find yourself not giving a shit about building cars anymore.
This. Both the Teggy & the 240 will be money pits. Motorcycle = more bang for your buck. I'm allergic to FWD, so I'll never steer anyone that direction. But if you're determined to have 4 wheels on the ground, I'd suggest Miata. It's a little cheaper than a 240 & likely less beat to shit.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #8
UniqueAutoCreations
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
UniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the roughUniqueAutoCreations is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
S13 for sure!

I'm not biased or anything!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #9
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
how old are you?

BMW
Old 08-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #10
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
the integra can be made faster cheaper, but at the end of the day the 240 is rwd

ive thought about trading my s14 for an integra lately but it also has a stock ka24 in it, if it had an SR or v8 who knows what id wanna do haha
Old 08-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #11
Snowballcoupe
Leaky Injector

Snowballcoupe is making a name for him/her selfSnowballcoupe is making a name for him/her self
The majority of people on here own a 240sx and you come here to ask for their opinion between a 240sx and a Acura? lol
Old 08-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #12
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Geo metro, and drop an Ls1.
Done!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #13
DeCepTiCon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
DeCepTiCon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
No brainer answer here.

It's like posting on Honda-Tech and asking if you should get a 240
Old 08-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #14
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
answer is simple,
vtec 240!

get whatever makes you most satisfied with your purchase
Old 08-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #15
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope240sx View Post
answer is simple,
vtec 240!

get whatever makes you most satisfied with your purchase
Shit man, if it were as cheap to swap an F20C into an S-chassis as an SR was, I'd do that in a heartbeat. The motor is a fucking beast when boosted.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #16
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
I assume that your budget is in the 8-10k area.. I've spent about 20k on my s-chassis going from engine to engine, suspension setups, etc..

If I could do it all over again... id be looking into an older AMG Sl600... comes with a twin turbo V12, something like 600 hp stock, and a ECU tune will bring it up to 700 hp..

if Mercedes is too expensive for your taste... Look into a BMW E39 M5. 400hp 5.0 V8, 6 speed trans, and 14" brakes stock.

both of the above cars can be had around 10k if you look around, and will be under the radar WAY MORE than an integra or S chassis.

if you don't care about being under the radar, take whatever money you have saved up, and just buy an 06+ 350z (HR motor). pretty good all around car for the money, and still new enough to feel nice and not abused.

That's my input
Old 08-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #17
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
signals13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Get an S2K its a rwd Integra with but 10x better.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #18
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by signals13 View Post
Get an S2K its a rwd Integra with but 10x better.
except its tiny with zero room for any kind of luggage. You get used to weighing whether to bring a friend or use the passenger seat for w/e item you have to carry.

also you have to worry about it getting stolen every time you drive it out in public.

and lastly its a tiny strung out I4, 4 cylinder engines score low on the man scale.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #19
rastaman
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rastaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can convert the 240 to front wheel drive.. Drop the VTEC motor in..its been done before use the search
Old 08-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #20
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
except its tiny with zero room for any kind of luggage. You get used to weighing whether to bring a friend or use the passenger seat for w/e item you have to carry.

also you have to worry about it getting stolen every time you drive it out in public.

and lastly its a tiny strung out I4, 4 cylinder engines score low on the man scale.
You calling the F20/22c strung out? In comparison to what? Why do you think that? Because it revs high? It's head design outflows & rapes the SR BADLY. Shit's got forged internals that are SAFELY capable of 600hp from the factory when turbo'd... Pick the right small turbo & now the S2k can haz low end torque and still make like a relatively bulletproof 400hp+. If I think about how often I have a passenger in my 240, I might as well get a real 2 seater like an S2000. 240's and Integra get stolen just a often, IMO. At least the S2k is the best of that bunch.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #21
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
You calling the F20/22c strung out? In comparison to what? Why do you think that? Because it revs high? It's head design outflows & rapes the SR BADLY. Shit's got forged internals that are SAFELY capable of 600hp from the factory when turbo'd... Pick the right small turbo & now the S2k can haz low end torque and still make like a relatively bulletproof 400hp+. If I think about how often I have a passenger in my 240, I might as well get a real 2 seater like an S2000. 240's and Integra get stolen just a often, IMO. At least the S2k is the best of that bunch.
162 ft/lbs of tq @ 6500 rpm

for a daily driver this is no fun, track sure its a great motor. Insert a turbo on a lot of motors and yea it changes the conversation.

Everyone has different lifestyles, if you do not have other humans ride in your vehicle with you nor participate in activities that require to transport animate objects then sure a 2 seater with no trunk space is right up your alley.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:01 PM   #22
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
162 ft/lbs of tq @ 6500 rpm

for a daily driver this is no fun, track sure its a great motor. Insert a turbo on a lot of motors and yea it changes the conversation.
</p>
Dude, forget the turbo part. Compare the F20/22c to the best flowing SR, the SR20VE. 240hp F20C vs 204hp SR20VE. 162ft/lbs of torque for the F20C vs 152 ft/lbs for the N/A SR. I think it's clear to see that the SR ain't jack shit without a turbo on it. You want more fun from an daily N/A S2000? Pair the F22C with 4.777 final drive ratio.
I'm just getting to the point where I'm wanting less compromise in my sports cars. Screw this 2+2 sports coupe mess. I want a legit 2+0 toy car. Get a 2nd car for ppl hauling.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:32 PM   #23
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
</p>
Dude, forget the turbo part. Compare the F20/22c to the best flowing SR, the SR20VE. 240hp F20C vs 204hp SR20VE. 162ft/lbs of torque for the F20C vs 152 ft/lbs for the N/A SR. I think it's clear to see that the SR ain't jack shit without a turbo on it. You want more fun from an daily N/A S2000? Pair the F22C with 4.777 final drive ratio.
I'm just getting to the point where I'm wanting less compromise in my sports cars. Screw this 2+2 sports coupe mess. I want a legit 2+0 toy car. Get a 2nd car for ppl hauling.
I dont want either of those motors.

Give me an n/a I6 instead.

less compromise start getting into BMWs, its all RWD and manual transmissions.

do something like a Z3 with a S52 or a S54 E30, then have a factory manual X5 tripping ppl out that your SUV is a stick.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #24
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
signals13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:

Where is the "LIKE" button.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #25
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
I dont want either of those motors.

Give me an n/a I6 instead.

less compromise start getting into BMWs, its all RWD and manual transmissions.

do something like a Z3 with a S52 or a S54 E30, then have a factory manual X5 tripping ppl out that your SUV is a stick.
No arguement there. I like BMW a lot. They just seem to have slightly different maintanance expectations to takes a little getting used to for a guy like me who's been JDM only.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #26
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
They just seem to have slightly different maintanance expectations to takes a little getting used to for a guy like me who's been JDM only.
Ive had a S13, S14, multiple Hondas, a couple of American cars, and now an E36 and E21.

other than needing torx and hex sockets its been an easy transition for me moving to wrenching on german cars, replacement parts are just as cheap also.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #27
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Shit man, if it were as cheap to swap an F20C into an S-chassis as an SR was, I'd do that in a heartbeat. The motor is a fucking beast when boosted.
dude I agree. I actually found this dude who put one in a s13. sits weird. affordable and some solid reliable power in there. I would put a f22 tho from 04 s2k <3 180hp until 6k than blast into 240 hp!! lol getting carried away

buy something than post it up. even a bucket.