Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #1
NissansCanada

Trader Rating: (0)
NissansCanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rb26 r32 s chassis swap help

Hey I'v got a r32 gtr I am doing a rebuild on right now but the chassis can't be insured so I'm planning on picking up a 240 s13/s14 doesnt matter to me whatever I can get my hands on.
I've been looking around for a solid list of what I all need parts wise/ compatability threw out the years and haven't been able to find something solid.
1.I obviously am not planning to try and keep it AWD but i was looking for a good writeup on how to convert the tranny but haven't been able to find one. Personally even if a lot of people say it's a lot of work I've already got the tranny and from what II've read it is the strongest.
2.oil pan looks easy found that quick
3.wiring will be chassis specific so not to worried about that yet seen a few writeups
4.what subframe can I use ? Could I use my r32 gtr subframe?
5.engine mounts? I know they sell mount kits but I do have to reuse some oem ones right? Can I use my r32 gtr ones ?
6. Dif I plan to take my r32 dif do I just need my r32 gtr spindles or the whole hub? Also I've just got to change the housing of my diff to the r200 ? I don't really want to take the whole rear subframe because I'd still like to get some money for the shell still and don't want to leave it with nothing.
7.in either of the cars will the twin turbos with a oem style exhaust manifold be a problem with clearance ?
8.driveshaft if I end up using all rb26 stuff would I still need to get it resized?
9.im assuming the s chassis throttlecable will be to short could I just use my r32 gtr one?
10. Fuel pump im probably just better off upgrading but if i plan to not go get a tune right away could i just use my gtr fuel pump? I'll upgrade when I tune but it would be better if I could keep it all oem before I tune
I'm not all sure if I'm missing anything custom downpipes and maybe modify Iintercooler piping just want to use as much as I can off the r32, swap wise I'll probably leave the seats and breaks and all the un essential parts.
What my plan is to slap it all in stock drive it for a little bit not to aggressively then over winter i or h beam aluminum rods aluminum pistons new main and rod bearings and rings so pretty much fully build the bottom end and just do the non ceramic rebuild kit on the stock turbos the n1 kit is cheap and i read good things about 500 whp setups. Now ecu II'm pretty lost on not even a clue witch way to go with, 1000cc injectors blah blah blah...but this is all stuff that's going to come after the swap when I have funds and want to make some serious power because I plan to build it for 1000hp but run it on the stock rebuilt turbos tell funds yet again alow more fun lol then the 800-850 whp range is next, witch actually brings me to my last question lol what will a stock rb26 tranny from a r32 actually hold like what's the biggest setup stock tranny you guys have seen?

Thanks for the help
NissansCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2015, 03:27 AM   #2
SidewaysS13ka
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
SidewaysS13ka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
cant you just bolt a 25 trans up to a 26 or if you do plan on using the awd trans you might get away with maybe welding the center diff. idk just a thought. me and a buddy just converted our buddies 2.8L Audi a4 to rwd, so i know it can be done.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
NissansCanada

Yeah I can convict the tranny to a rb25 but i don't live around a lot of skylines and would probably have to order one in for a whole lot of money then get low balled all day on my tranny here where I live and probably end up losing money and ending up with a worse tranny I'd like to keep as much r32 stuff even if it is a little tougher to do because I've already got the entire car and my rb26 tranny is in good shape. Plus I've had a frickin GTR just sitting out in the yard for 4 months already so I'll be able to put some real time in it just would like some guidance from someone who's done it or seen it or could even point me in the right direction lol
Old 06-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #4
NissansCanada

Bump nobody knows rb swap compatibility?
Old 06-07-2015, 09:45 PM   #5
NissansCanada

130 people and no one knows rb26 s chassis compatability?
Old 06-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #6
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
signals13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I believe z32 transmissions are a bolt on for rb's not 100 on that tho good luck.
signals13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
NissansCanada

Yeah but that would be weaker and hard to find plus I know a guy that welds for a living I could get to weld up my tranny for a good deal and a professional job once I know what to tell him to do and I cut out what needs be cut out. Someone help me out lol I wanna start a build thread for the conversion on a forum because they are actually pretty hard to find.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:04 PM   #8
The Saint
Leaky Injector

The Saint is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by signals13 View Post
I believe z32 transmissions are a bolt on for rb's not 100 on that tho good luck.
Yes a 300zx Z32 Tranny NA/TT will bolt right up.
I would guess that the TT has stronger gears, but I do not know which would have better ratios.
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote