Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-23-2021, 07:41 AM   #1
Sweds13

Trader Rating: (0)
Sweds13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR Sr20det. Dies when Maf is plugged in.

When I start my Sr with the Maf plugged in it revvs to about 3k then promptly dies. Can't stop it, not by giving it gas or anything. Unplugged it runs fine. Maybe a bit rough but nothing special.

Logically the maf is fucked, but I bought another one and it still acted exactly the same.
Someone before me has cut the wires to the connector so they might be connected wrong. Gonna look into that next time.

What else could the problem be? Doesnt seem to ba a leak in the intake system, just a super tiny one by a injector, nothing that would cause this.

Best regards!
Sweds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2021, 11:15 PM   #2
LtSlayer
Leaky Injector

LtSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Test the voltage. Check for voltage first with the car in the on position then turn the car off and check for grounds. Then run the car or try to with a back probe in the signal wire to test voltage running. It shouldn’t exceed 1.5 if I recall but that’s at idle so your reading my be off
LtSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:30 PM   #3
LtSlayer
Leaky Injector

LtSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Also check your fuel injector o rings. If they go they cause all sorts of problems. It’s 40$ to “restore” all 4 from the beck and Arley kit.

Undo the injector caps and connectors. Use to screwdrivers from the side to VERY gently pry/wiggle and they’ll come out slowly. If you do the alternative way of a screwdriver under the Injector you have to pull the rail as well as risk marring the fuel rail. This way is faster and easier.

While you’re at it check your FPR. Pull the vaccuum line from it and smell it. If it smells of gasoline relatively strongly it means it’s shot.

Listen to your fuel pump prime when you turn it to the on position and if none of these work check your fuel pressure and harness. Also check make sure your throttle plate is closed
LtSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote