Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:24 AM   #1
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Driftaholic84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Anyone in here from asheville or the surrounding areas?

Finally about to have a car on the road again and was wondering if there was anyone in here locally.
Driftaholic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #2
flartius
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm from Huntsville, AL. About 5 hrs away.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Nice, so we have two in here so far.. lol what are you driving?
Old 03-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #4
flartius
Leaky Injector

flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Talking

I just finished my rb25 into 96 s14, just finished as in Sunday got everything running and took it for a drive.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #5
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Nice! Gotta love it when you finally get a project on the road! I wanted to get the coupe on the road before my kids got up here for the week, but you know a 240.. it had other plans, so it’s still in the air.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
flartius
Leaky Injector

Lol yeah know that feeling, I’m waiting on a solenoid because 240 has other plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #7
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Lol.. the 240 life.. oh how I missed it soo.. at least my spare parts collection is getting nice! Anyone else out there?
Old 03-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #8
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Falrtius, you have pics of the s14?
Old 03-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #9
flartius
Leaky Injector

Yeah man,

Old 03-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #10
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Nice! Where can I host images, so I can post pictures in here?
Old 03-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #11
flartius
Leaky Injector

imgur, photobucket, i usually use the app on my phone. It is alot easier than hosting and linking them over.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:00 PM   #12
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Word thanks! I’ll try to get some up tonight when I get back to the house
Old 03-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #13
flartius
Leaky Injector

Sa-weeet

Old 03-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #14
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Ok let’s give this a try...
This is her the day that I bought her and drove her home.

This is what the engine bay looked like :/

As you can see there was all kinds of stuff to be addressed in the engine bay, so this is about where we’re sitting right now..

Sorry the pictures are so huge!!
Old 03-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #15
flartius
Leaky Injector

Images look fine, not a bad little hatch you have there. Started out like this a year ago.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:51 AM   #16
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

It’s a coupe for a second I thought you saw my fastback in the background of one of the pics. Was yours a favtory se, or was the 5lug swap done? What all was done to it when you got it? What have you done so far?
Old 03-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #17
flartius
Leaky Injector

It was bone stock when I got it aside from the cat back exhaust. Already had the 5 lug hubs from the factory I assume. Since I purchased it I relocated the battery to the trunk, put on coilovers, wheels and tires, rb25 swap and a q45 front brake upgrade.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:17 AM   #18
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Nice!! I really wish mine was stock when I got it.. or at least in stock form.. came with horrible blue paint job.. who knows what front bumper, d-max sides, sr “swap”, “custom exhaust “, Godspeed FMIC, knock off bov, cheap reclinable buckets with garbage 4point harnesses and some random coils with some XXR wheels. And I almost forgot the mess of an interior that was in it.. blue trim, glove box, armrest and some sort of jacked up door panels that had led wire caulked in the trim.. I’ve since bought a fastback to get some parts off of.. its got z32 brakes, 5-lug, fortune auto coils, full Isr arms, type x front and sides(passenger sides busted), mint brown interior. The fastback just needs a clutch and I will be putting one in it and getting it back to pretty much stock and selling it again. Also purchased Isr braided turbo and power steering lines, sr radiator, hoses, fans and shroud, waterneck, and tomei exhaust manifold, outlet pipe, ras, mishimoto thermostat, trust downpipe, hks intake, exhaust, oem waterpump, a set of p45r’s, splitfire ignition, new plugs, New wiring specialties harness and I’m sure there’s a few other things.. I’m trying to grab this disco potato right now but dude isn’t responding..
Old 03-24-2018, 11:18 AM   #19
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Can’t wait to get it on the road
Old 03-24-2018, 12:53 PM   #20
flartius
Leaky Injector

I want a fast back, probably sr swap it instead of rb if I ever get one. But I like the 180sx look.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #21
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Wanna buy mine? Ka24de, 5-spd, coils, injen intake, type x tails dark green, very minor pass side rear quarter damage full black interior.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:46 PM   #22
flartius
Leaky Injector

Not in the market just yet. Possibly looking for a roller all stock little to no damage so I can spend less time fixing problems and more time making it how I want it. My s14 needs body work, paint, and has a couple little rust spots I need to fix.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #23
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

It’s always nice to be able to take your time with something you care about. I feel like I’m rushing through the coupe (I’ve spent a week on it already) so I can get the clutch in the fastback and get it up for sale. Then I’ll be able to fully focus on the coupe again.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:11 PM   #24
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

There have been a bunch of pretty clean rollers around here. Some with motors..
Old 03-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #25
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Hey also if there’s anyone out there lurking and not saying anything. Does anyone know a place around Asheville that’ll stretch tires? Everyone here is being super bitch about it, but I did manage to get Anderson Nissan in Asheville to mount a set of 215/45’s on a 9.5” wheel
Old 03-28-2018, 01:50 PM   #26
Xblacksheepx

Trader Rating: (0)
Xblacksheepx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm in Asheville but haven't picked up a car yet. Been without a 240 for like 8 years. suddenly got the bug again. Been keeping an eye out for cars in the area for sale. Hard when you have a mortgage to justify a toy car...
Xblacksheepx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #27
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Hey, I’m just seeing this for some reason! Just got the clutch in my coupe and am now waiting on a new fuel pump to get here. I’m about to have a dohc fastback up for sale. Factory 5-speed brand new clutch, coilovers, tein tie rods and ends, energy suspension rack and flca bushings, type x tails and some wheels if you’re interested..
Old 06-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #28
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Maverick06xx is an unknown quantity at this point
im located in Durham nc and I'm too trying to get my car back on the road after 9 years but I have a wiring issue or something and been trying to get it fixed. I thought it was the tune but its not and im trying to get all the help I can.....I swear these gremlins
Maverick06xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #29
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Maverick, what’s going on with your wiring? What setup do you have? I just did brake pads, shoes and lines for the z brakes on my s13 as well as installed a new clutch kit, flywheel, fork springs and a new pivot ball on the sr. I just got the car on the ground again today. There sounds like something is rubbing in the passenger rear, like maybe I don’t have it adjusted correctly. Then when I go to drive it, as I give it gas and it’s moving, the clutch pedal has started shaking. I’m hoping it’s just a loose mount bolt or my blown ass slave cylinder or possibly the improperly adjusted clutch pedal that I have. I ordered a new slave and master and they should be here Tuesday. I also have a new stainless clutch line to install. Went to the parts store and grabbed a temporary slave cylinder to hold me until Tuesday, because I could depress it by hand. I’ll go ahead and install those tomorrow and try to figure out wtf is going on with my fuel pressure situation. I’ve got a red top sr with a gt2871r, 740’s, z32 maf, walbro 255, tomei type l afpr, and rsenthalpy time. Martin says to set it to 43 psi, I max out around 30 with the regulator adjusted all the way out with the egi pump relay jumpered. Too many issues.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:09 AM   #30
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Maverick06xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Well what was thought is wiring is actually something else is going on. I get relays clicking like flashers on when i switch the key in start position. Im hoping its not the power fc. I took a power probe to the ignition hot wire and got the car to start. Hoping its ignition switch if not it might be powerfc causing this.
Maverick06xx is offline   Reply With Quote