Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
trinijstn

Trader Rating: (0)
trinijstn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR S14 Sr20det Water leak

I am new here and don't know much about what is going on with my car. I have searched these forums and have found symptoms close to my problem but not exact.

So i have an s14 sr20det in my s13 when i first installed the motor everything ran fine and everything worked. One day driving my turbo water line started leaking and the car overheated quickly. After limping the car home i replaced my water lines going into the turbo and everything worked fine again. But now i am having another problem, my car is using water like crazy i can not drive the car anywhere without have to put at least a gallon of water in it. My first intention was the heater core had a small leak so i eliminated that. That didn't help so i replaced my water pump and thermostat and that still didn't fix the problem. So now i am stuck. Could it be the headgasket which i doubt because there is absolutely no smoke or steam coming out the exhaust and the car runs fine. Or my other thought could it be the turbo. Because what is happening is that all the water is being pressurized(Highly) and blowing the cap off the reservoir and blowing all over my engine bay and windshield. Can the turbo be leaking boost into the water system?
trinijstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
If the fluid in your overflow reservoir is boiling, your thermostat is most likely bad. You may have changed it with a bad one; or installed it backwards.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
trinijstn

trinijstn is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Mikester, but this afternoon i actually removed my thermostat because i thought about the same thing and it is still having the same problem i mean it would have no problem when idling but soon as i drive it, it happens.
trinijstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
It could also be a bad radiator cap...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
It could also be a bad radiator cap...
OOOH YEAH...