Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 03-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Team Zimmerman Vs Team Martin?

If you haven't heard. Florida has done it again.

Depending on which side you're on.

Team Zimmerman:

Neighborhood watch captain patrols at night. See's "shady" looking black kid in a hoodie being suspicious and checking out cars. Calls 911. Police will be there in whenever. Confronts kid. Gets in a struggle. Shoots kid. Sanford police investigate, declare self defense. No arrest.

Team Martin:
Black kid dating girl in neighborhood. Going out to the corner store. Just minding my own business. Over aggressive racially motivated captain shoots kid for just looking shady. No struggle happened. I was just minding my own business. Sanford police are liars. Zimmerman should get the chair for a hate crime against my innocent kid. It was a racially motivated hit on my son.

Team Media:
White guy shoots black guy must be racially motivated (white guy is actually hispanic but I guess they count as white now)
Florida allows people under their "no retreat/stand your ground" gun law to go around indiscriminately killing people.
"Obama should intervene." Sends justice department advisor down instead.

Facts.
Police arrived on the scene. Found Zimmerman with a busted nose and a cut on the back of his head. Martin dead with a shot at close range.
Zimmerman disobeyed a 911 operator and pursued Martin.
Zimmerman called Martin a "f87kin Coon" on 911 tape.
Neighborhood was a gated condo complex. 21 car break-in's since jan.
Martins girlfriend claims she "heard" him shoved while on the phone with him.
Neighbor claims she "heard" zimmerman on top of martin. One of them yelled for help.

Last edited by TheWolf; 03-21-2012 at 01:02 PM..
TheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylY9wlnTdlw
Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
harrypotter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
harrypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I am lost, what is the point?
Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Never heard of a Hispanic Zimmerman, usually German/Jewish.

Either way, don't know what to think of this story. I have a hard time believing someone shooting a kid unless they felt like their life was in danger. Either way, the media will twist this as they see fit. Most likely into the realm of blatant hate crime.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post

Either way, don't know what to think of this story. I have a hard time believing someone shooting a kid unless they felt like their life was in danger. Either way, the media will twist this as they see fit. Most likely into the realm of blatant hate crime.
No twisting needed, the evidence is there and you can hear it for yourself. (Evil Media blah blah)

Even if Trayvon did partake in and win the scuffle, if you were just minding your own business eating skittles and drinking iced tea and some guy started following you and then tried to physically detain you would you not try to incapacitate him and get away? Then the guy pulls out a gun and you beg for your life and he kills you.

You pretty much have to be a piece of shit to think this guy was in the right at all. There's little to no gray area here, and the fact that the Sanford PD hasn't done shit and actually delayed evidence is a travesty.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
I'm not taking sides. There's a lot of things that can happen and its all a lot of he said / she said as of right now. But from the looks of Zimmerman's past, he seems a bit unstable.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What's there to debate? This should and probably will be debated in a court room.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremk2 View Post
What's there to debate? This should and probably will be debated in a court room.
The debate (well not debate, but uproar) is that authorities have YET to bring charges or even approach this as if there should be.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
The debate (well not debate, but uproar) is that authorities have YET to bring charges or even approach this as if there should be.
Maybe because there is a lack of evidence. You can't arrest someone based off of low quality telephone recording and if there is witnesses how come we haven't see or heard from any of them. Sounds like there using the recordings to make it seem like a hate crime when it could have been some other noise that sounds like he said the alleged hate words. You have to look at this from both sides. Just because the victim was killed does not make him any less guilty.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
Maybe because there is a lack of evidence. You can't arrest someone based off of low quality telephone recording and if there is witnesses how come we haven't see or heard from any of them. Sounds like there using the recordings to make it seem like a hate crime when it could have been some other noise that sounds like he said the alleged hate words. You have to look at this from both sides. Just because the victim was killed does not make him any less guilty.
The claim is that they refused to take the full statements of witnesses, and pressured neighbors to side with the shooter's claim of self-defense.
Sanford police have a history of fucking these kinds of investigations and seem to be trying to sweep this one under the rug instead of giving it the attention it deserves.
The “damned coons get away with everything” comment is why many people DEMAND that this get more attention, suggestive even that this should be handled as a federal hate crime, and not something to be weaseled out of with minor loopholes.

And I write too!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Ugh, it's very disheartening that they are not taking full statements and the guy still didn't get indicted.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Then the police chief steps down:

U.S. News - Police chief steps down temporarily over handling of Trayvon Martin case

And I write too!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
The claim is that they refused to take the full statements of witnesses, and pressured neighbors to side with the shooter's claim of self-defense.
Sanford police have a history of fucking these kinds of investigations and seem to be trying to sweep this one under the rug instead of giving it the attention it deserves.
The “damned coons get away with everything” comment is why many people DEMAND that this get more attention, suggestive even that this should be handled as a federal hate crime, and not something to be weaseled out of with minor loopholes.
The only "witness" I've heard about is one that she says she "heard" zimmerman on top of martin.

I don't know how strong of a witness that is. Being on the phone with someone and then "hearing them get pushed" and the phone going dead doesn't really inspire confidence in the "without a reasonable doubt" part of the court case.

With all the drama this case has generated, you better have an airtight case against the guy.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #14
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Selma Hayek? Vincente Fox? You ever seen what people look like in Argentina and Uraguay? Hispanic isn't a race or a nationality, just like Latin doesn't mean you're Spanish speaking and brown. :lol
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Sanford Police Speak Out In Trayvon Martin Case - Yahoo! News

More details, apparently Martin attacked Zimmerman after Zimmerman decided to follow him, the screams for help were from Zimmerman, Martin's own father said the screams for help were not from his son.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
In my opinion both sides are at fault. In the end, the outcome was just a matter of who had a gun. Although this story would never make national news if it was the kid who shot the guy.

I imagine the guy automatically assumed the kid was up to no good and confronted him, and instead of explaining his situation the kid probably started mouthing off and growing aggressive, and from there it could only go downhill.

Whether the kid really was doing something suspicious or just happened to be walking down the street would play an important role, but I doubt that can ever be established without reliable witnesses.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post

Whether the kid really was doing something suspicious or just happened to be walking down the street would play an important role, but I doubt that can ever be established without reliable witnesses.
This was not a clean shoot.

The problem is Zimmerman was "neighborhood watch" not "neighborhood confront". He called the police, they told him to go home and they would look into it.

Since the kid had actually done nothing (yet) and Zimmerman had no idea who he was and what not.

You can't call someone a horses ass in a bar and when he stands up shoot him because "self defense". That is what Zimmerman did. He put himself in a conflict situation (confronting the kid) and them used deadly force when (surprise) conflict happened.

Manslaughter, reckless endangerment ect. I don't think Zimmerman intended to hurt or kill the kid, but that doesn't mean he has the right to turn his brain off.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Geraldo Rivera: Trayvon Martin's 'Hoodie Is As Much Responsible For [His] Death As George Zimmerman' (VIDEO)

It's the Hoodie's fault!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
If Zimmerman doesn't get charged soon somehow game over. As of now Under Florida's law no crime has been committed and that in itself is the problem. Guy seemed like a loose cannon and someone was bound to get shot by him.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #20
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
If Zimmerman doesn't get charged soon somehow game over. As of now Under Florida's law no crime has been committed and that in itself is the problem. Guy seemed like a loose cannon and someone was bound to get shot by him.
You realize there is no statute of limitations for homicide, right?

This is what is pissing me off. Everyone is screaming "ARREST HIM" like some-sort of idiotic lynch mob.

The kid is dead. Nothing is brining him back. Zimmerman is not going anywhere. Chill the fuck out, calm the fuck down.

Would you not rather see a calm, logical trial with a unbiased jury or do you want some lunacy with charges of Hate-Crimes and 1st Degree Murder and have the guy acquitted because its bullshit?

Where was all the outrage with Casey Anthony?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #21
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't believe the statement, "I urge black and Latino parents to not let their kids go out wearing hoodies." what the hell is wrong with these people.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #22
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
People are lying in this case, those for Zimmerman.

If the fucktard listened to police and let them handle it, all would have been well, but he thought he would be superman and see whats up. When ever did someone "acting suspicious" be warrant to investigate for no random reason?

As it turns out he was visiting the area so maybe he was walking around looking at everything to try to go back to the house he was visiting.. while talking on the phone to his girlfriend. His girlfriend telling him to run after seeing this strange guy following him.

Remember that one case of the college student who commited suicide, and they are still investigating that case on who teased him, if they can look into that, i don't see why this can't be further investigated.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #23
sky53line
Zilvia Member

sky53line is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sky53line
Neighborhood Watch Movie Trailer - YouTube
sky53line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #24
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
Quote:
"You cannot provoke the confrontation. You cannot be the instigator and then claim 'stand your ground,' Sundby said.
George Zimmerman Unprotected By Self-Defense Law in Trayvon Martin Killing, Florida Lawmakers Say
Old 03-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #25
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

"More than 1.5 million people have signed Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton's petition demanding that their son's confessed killer be arrested. A federal investigation has been announced. Thousands have rallied and marched around the country. Every major news outlet in America has covered his story. President Obama even spoke to the tragedy of Trayvon's senseless death: "If I had a son," said the president, "he'd look like Trayvon."

But one thing still hasn't happened -- Trayvon's killer still has not been brought to justice."

My question is, if we have a million people sign a petition and hold some rally's can we get anyone we want arrested?
Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #26
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2011->Chapter 776 : Online Sunshine
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
jvsc91talon

jvsc91talon is an unknown quantity at this point
Even if this kid was breaking into someones car, the punishment for theft isnt death by a superhero watchman with a gun. He didnt even know what the kid was doing. He just assumed by the comments he made that a black kid in a hoodie is suspect enough to confront him. Defending yourself doesnt mean engage someone who you think might be doing something and shoot him when he fights you. He should have left it to the cops. Even if he was right about his judgement and just called the cops and went home, someone would just have to deal with a stolen radio or at worst a stolen car. But now a mother and a father have to deal with the loss of an innocent child by a racist superhero.
jvsc91talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #28
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Im going to assume that Zimmerman probably did not identify himself to Treyvon as the nieghborhood watchman. He probably just followed him and pressured him.. Treyvon not knowing who the hell this guy is and why he is pressuring him, probably reacted to him, like Zimmerman maybe reaching for his bag and perhaps pushed him back, than zimmerman thinking to be a superhero pulling his gun out and blasting.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #29
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Anyone know why this angel was suspended from school for 5 days?
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #30
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
That's not really anybody's business
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote