Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
whoever is supposed to moderating the for sale section is doing a terrible

I have had it. The for sale forum has turned into a lowballers free for all where lowballers come in and keep on lowballing intentionally.Especially after you have stated that you will not accept lowballs. This is just getting stupid and wrecking the forum. We need to have better moderation of the for sale section because apparently the current for sale moderator has fallen asleep at his post. It happens with certain things more than others but it all seems to be noobs doing it and I do not see any mods doing anything about it.

Example 1 of the bullshit

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/23520...ders-boys.html

Example 2 of the bullshit

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/23984...eal-clean.html

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Its true, but why let it bother you?

Racer2kx1 or whatever is the F/S section mod, and he does a good job of watching bump counts, but we should be letting "repeating lowballers" know that it's not OK by deleting their posts or warning of pinking or something, I agree.

It doesn't really bother me, though, as long as I still am able to buy/sell.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 02-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Its true, but why let it bother you?
seriously...

its almost like getting butt hurt when you post up a pic of your car on the forums and everyone flames.... dude, its the internet.

and besides, with the current recession... the lowballers will come in waves.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians_s13 View Post
seriously...

its almost like getting butt hurt when you post up a pic of your car on the forums and everyone flames.... dude, its the internet.

and besides, with the current recession... the lowballers will come in waves.
Its not about getting butt hurt its about getting tiresome. It would be one thing if it was just one or two posts but when you get it repeatedly it just becomes annoying.

Oh and your analogy does not apply here because its not an analogy its a completely different thing.

If you had to deal with as much as its been happening lately in my posts you would be annoyed too. So don't call me dude and don't pull that cop out line about its the internet.

Its bullshit behavior and your attitude is the type that condones it.

Which is what makes this forum more and more of shithole with dumb noobs and people like yours "I don't give a fuck its the internet attitude"

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #5
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I don't agree, Dave.

Mark (the Marketplace mod) took care of those posts hours before you posted this.
Furthermore, it's not unreasonable to debate a posted price. Flaming is not permitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules & guidelines
...do not go in and flame a person because they are asking too much.
Flaming is wrong, but criticism is not.

10% off retail for a used item (# of times used is irrelevant) + $20 more than an eBay seller would charge for shipping does seem unreasonable to me.

I'm not saying you shouldn't ask what you want, but you should be prepared for criticism from savvy consumers. If you can break even or even make a buck from selling something you don't need, more power to you - just be prepared to be called on it.

As far as I'm concerned, no used roller is worth more than $200, and the cost of shipping should be exactly that - the exact cost of shipping. Nobody needs a roller next-day air. Send that shit parcel post for $10 or 15 and call it a day.
Again, make a buck however you wish, but don't expect people to not realize what it is you're doing. For what it's worth, Grant (YokotaS13) gets his card pulled about his rates for buying/shipping stuff all the time, and he replies honestly about it that he's just wanting to make money. As Jay-Z said, you "Can't knock the hustle."
Old 02-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
So can i roll my fenders at your house or free.................

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 02-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #7
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
So you're selling shit for more than its worth, and then complaining when people lowball you.... Who cares!?

If you think you can get your asking price, their OFFERS shouldn't offend you.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
I don't agree, Dave.

Mark (the Marketplace mod) took care of those posts hours before you posted this.
Furthermore, it's not unreasonable to debate a posted price. Flaming is not permitted.

Flaming is wrong, but criticism is not.

10% off retail for a used item (# of times used is irrelevant) + $20 more than an eBay seller would charge for shipping does seem unreasonable to me.

I'm not saying you shouldn't ask what you want, but you should be prepared for criticism from savvy consumers. If you can break even or even make a buck from selling something you don't need, more power to you - just be prepared to be called on it.

As far as I'm concerned, no used roller is worth more than $200, and the cost of shipping should be exactly that - the exact cost of shipping. Nobody needs a roller next-day air. Send that shit parcel post for $10 or 15 and call it a day.
Again, make a buck however you wish, but don't expect people to not realize what it is you're doing. For what it's worth, Grant (YokotaS13) gets his card pulled about his rates for buying/shipping stuff all the time, and he replies honestly about it that he's just wanting to make money. As Jay-Z said, you "Can't knock the hustle."
Hey kevin, I am selling the roller I am not trying to make money on it. If I am making money on something or trying to I do not make bones about shit. Fact is with the roller the haters are just coming out of the word work. I also think your talking our of your own resentments here and the forum has gone to shit.

OH and funny those post are still there and they still are going one so guess what the job is still not getting done. This is the whole reason why the 240 community has gone to hell in a hole.

oh I might add making money on 240 parts LOL thats a oxymoron their is no money in 240 parts and if you think I make money off them well your out of touch. I am just trying to get rid of the stuff at this point.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #9
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
So you're selling shit for more than its worth, and then complaining when people lowball you.... Who cares!?

If you think you can get your asking price, their OFFERS shouldn't offend you.
He isn't trying to sell anything for more then it is worth. Ebay pricing is whack and the people in his thread stating that they could get a brand new roller for $10 more shipped were full of shit, I checked.

The issue isn't that people are lowballing, that is to be expected. The issue is that people are intentionally lowballing and posting bogus e-ghey prices with what seems like the specific intention of shitting on the thread. I have seen in other of my friends f/s threads where people are coming in in groups and intentionally attempting to bully the price down as well. I have persoanlly reported multiple posts in multiple threads which were started by multiple users with absolutely no action by any moderator. I find that to be unacceptable. I don't go reporting posts for no reason. While the f/s section moderator is doing an incredible job of moderating bumps and improper thread titles he seems to be ignoring the other moderation duties that fall into his scope of responsibility. This is only a major problem if it continues to be ignored. As of right now it is annoying, if it continues it will become angering. We don't want another big scene like with the whole rep drama again so why don't we just work on it a bit? It really is not that hard.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #10
boske
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
boske is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Price is $235 shipped from The Eastwood Company. If your selling on an internet forum, don't expect to find people who don't know how to use the internet.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #11
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boske View Post
Price is $235 shipped from The Eastwood Company. If your selling on an internet forum, don't expect to find people who don't know how to use the internet.
Way to fucking fail.

The roller itself on their website is $269.99

Eastwood Fender Roller Tool

Bumped and owned, doesn't get any better than that.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:15 AM   #12
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wow it's literally black text names versus blue texted names in here. Noobs vs premies lol.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #13
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiyuu View Post
Wow it's literally black text names versus blue texted names in here. Noobs vs premies lol.
Sometimes I wish I could check off a box on peoples profiles so that all their posts would be highlighted, so I would know that member was a complete dumbass. Or instead of pinking a member like the mods, I could... green him lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
Old 02-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #14
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
Sometimes I wish I could check off a box on peoples profiles so that all their posts would be highlighted, so I would know that member was a complete dumbass. Or instead of pinking a member like the mods, I could... green him lol.
That would be soooooooooooo nice, like an "ignore" button that greys out or collapses their posts... you could still read it if you wanted to, but by default you wouldn't be assaulted with their lame-ness.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 02-27-2009, 03:05 AM   #15
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I think drift freaq by all means is a cool poster...

but seriously saying a whole website sucks because some dudes who dont get paid to spend their free time in here busting some jackass because theyre not moderating "YOUR" for sale thread for lowballers.

I have a simple solution, you think the site is shit, don't post your stuff for sale here, plenty of people at nico and fresh alloy waiting to pay top dollar for something they'll use once or 3 times maybe ever.

A fender roller isn't herpes, it's not the gift that keeps on giving.

get your e-popularity up on zilvia.

if you were someone everyone knew, your for sale thread would have 300 posts non related to the sale talking about how awesome drifting last weekend was, oh and to buy your shit and suck your moms tits.

post your for sale thread, and lock it... if someone is interested they will pm you.

problem solved.

racer98 does it all the time.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 AM   #16
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
That would be soooooooooooo nice, like an "ignore" button that greys out or collapses their posts... you could still read it if you wanted to, but by default you wouldn't be assaulted with their lame-ness.
http://zilvia.net/f/profile.php?do=ignorelist

And I write too!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #17
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

I'm sorry, I couldnt read that...

just kiddin buddy.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #18
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
You learn something new every day! lol. I assume that will block people from contacting you as well, correct?

Quote:
Old 02-27-2009, 03:59 AM   #19
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
You learn something new every day! lol. I assume that will block people from contacting you as well, correct?
See, I am in a position where it is not exactly advisable to block users... I know it exists, not the full workings of it.

And I write too!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:09 AM   #20
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
See, I am in a position where it is not exactly advisable to block users... I know it exists, not the full workings of it.
No, no, you misunderstood me lol, I wasn't referring to you directly. Anyways, I just added someone to my ignore list, does that keep them from contacting me as well as hide their posts? EDIT: After reading your post a few times, I might be confused with what you're saying. That means it's time to go to sleep lol.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2009, 04:24 AM   #21
boske
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Way to fucking fail.

The roller itself on their website is $269.99

Eastwood Fender Roller Tool

Bumped and owned, doesn't get any better than that.
Eastwood Fender Roller - Lip Forming & Rolling Tool - eBay (item 360134157740 end time Feb-24-09 08:12:31 PST)

I guess you can find people who don't know how to use the internet, I was owned.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:43 AM   #22
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Eastwood Fender Roller - Lip Forming & Rolling Tool - eBay (item 360134157740 end time Feb-24-09 08:12:31 PST)

I guess you can find people who don't know how to use the internet, I was owned.
I would thank you to carry on your little argument via PM.
This is not the point of this thread.
The point of the thread is how shitty a job moderators are doing because members are lowballing fuckers. I mean, I fail to make the correlation, but oh well, I have been called worse for less.

And I write too!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #23
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:

The buy it now price is $229. That still doesn't make it $235 shipped like you claimed. You still fail.

Quote:
The point of the thread is how shitty a job moderators are doing because members are lowballing fuckers. I mean, I fail to make the correlation, but oh well, I have been called worse for less.
Nobody is accusing YOU of anything. As far as I know the F/S section is not your direct responsibility. Let me say it like this. If that kind of harassment went on in a popular thread in any other section of the forum a mod would most likely come in and tell people to shut the hell up and take it to PM. I have not seen any of that in the F/S section anytime in recent memory.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #24
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Nobody is accusing YOU of anything. As far as I know the F/S section is not your direct responsibility. Let me say it like this. If that kind of harassment went on in a popular thread in any other section of the forum a mod would most likely come in and tell people to shut the hell up and take it to PM. I have not seen any of that in the F/S section anytime in recent memory.
In my wheel thread last week, BesTint came in (not knowing it was a F/S thread, apparently) and said "he'd rather die a horrible death than rock Rotas" or something equally cute... Johnny (CrimsonRockett) came in within a few mins and put an end to it.

Credit where credit's due, but that's the only time I can remember

Old 02-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #25
boske
Zilvia Member

Quote:
The buy it now price is $229. That still doesn't make it $235 shipped like you claimed. You still fail.

IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS, no less than 15 auctions have gone at $219 with ZERO BIDS! ANOTHER 14 have gone at the asking price of $219.

THE PRICE IS $235 SHIPPED

you failed at the internet.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #26
boske
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Please delete my posts if you dont like them mods. You should also delete posts saying you cant get them for a lower price, that is just misinformation. Also, I agree that lowballing is an annoying problem. But I also hate it when people are asking more for used parts than what they cost new. This is a for sale forum, for getting used items at less than new cost. If people want to sell stuff for new cost or more they should be paying advertiser fees, its a waste of everyones time.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #27
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Please delete my posts if you dont like them mods. You should also delete posts saying you cant get them for a lower price, that is just misinformation. Also, I agree that lowballing is an annoying problem. But I also hate it when people are asking more for used parts than what they cost new. This is a for sale forum, for getting used items at less than new cost. If people want to sell stuff for new cost or more they should be paying advertiser fees, its a waste of everyones time.
You're missing it...

unless you're interested in buying the item, don't shit in someone's thread.

I understand that you think you're "policing" the "injustice" of him asking what he thinks it's worth - but if you have no interest in buying it at any price, SHUT THE FUCK UP or PM him, don't shit in his thread.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #28
boske
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You're missing it...

unless you're interested in buying the item, don't shit in someone's thread.

I understand that you think you're "policing" the "injustice" of him asking what he thinks it's worth - but if you have no interest in buying it at any price, SHUT THE FUCK UP or PM him, don't shit in his thread.
Post #5, this thread, please read...
http://zilvia.net/f/2635838-post5.html
Old 02-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #29
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS, no less than 15 auctions have gone at $219 with ZERO BIDS! ANOTHER 14 have gone at the asking price of $219.

THE PRICE IS $235 SHIPPED

you failed at the internet.
No it's not. The asking price (AKA the "buy it now" price) for the roller on ebay is $229. The asking price is all that matters as it is being compared to Dave's asking price. I'm sure if someone wanted to offer $10-$25 less to Dave for his roller it would be no problem. Stop being a fucktard and shitting on this thread. You're just stirring up old shit.

You sir are a first class asshat, congratulations.

Last edited by racepar1; 02-27-2009 at 04:58 PM..
Old 02-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #30
boske
Zilvia Member

Quote:
No it's not. The asking price (AKA the "buy it now" price) for the roller on ebay is $229. The asking price is all that matters as it is being compared to Dave's asking price. I'm sure if someone wanted to offer $10-$25 less to Dave for his roller it would be no problem. Stop being a fucktard and shitting on this thread too, just like you shit all over my PM box and Dave's F/S thread. You're just stirring up old shit.

You sir are a first class asshat, congratulations.

first of all

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

every time someone proves you wrong you have some bullshit reply, your never fucking wrong about anything. Im seriously tired of your bullshit all over this forum. Second, I have never PMed you or posted in daves for sale thread.

*waits for another bullshit post from you*
Closed Thread