Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:51 AM   #31
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero.counter
Actually, look at the little green bar under your avatar and hover your mouse over it.
How does that change? I've noticed some are on the distinguished road, others are making names for themselves, and a certain someone has that pyschidelic aura. Do catchy statements also change with postrating? Or is it directly linked to postcount? Im guessing its based on postrank because im i've seen higherpostcount guys with DistinguishedRoad, while i've got Making a Name. Or is it cuz im cool and you guys love me?
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2005, 07:23 AM   #32
radhaz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
radhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Sileighty
Thats like saying "stock is good enough". Why not try it? you can always change it back. Obviously, this other system has had some success on other forums without any ill tragedies. Give a little "power", as it has been called, to the members.

Its not that we dont appreciate what the MODs and ADMINs do here, but giving the members some responsibility and "power" would show you (MODs and ADMINs) have a little faith in that we (members) can help you keep things under control.

Anyways that is my 2 cents
No this is clearly wrong, any attempt to improve the boards should be immediately viewed as an attempt to usurp the authority of the mods and admins and should not be considered in the slightest. I have seen the light and drank the kool-aid and will not do anything to interrupt the smooth flow of the smartass one-line useless response's that are so often found to be useless by all.

/wave's hand "This is not the thread you are looking for"

"Respect the authoritah!"
radhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #33
weitau
Zilvia Junkie

weitau is an unknown quantity at this point
red dot = good?

I just got my first rep in my User CP. I can't tell if it's a positive or negative rep because I have a red icon next to the issue topic (bad?), but now I have 5 points. Sorry, I could not find an explanation for this anywhere else.
weitau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:39 PM   #34
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Yes, that is a Negative Rep. If you check your User CP you'll see the if there was a comment left with it. Clicking on it will take you to the post that was rated.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:07 PM   #35
weitau
Zilvia Junkie

weitau is an unknown quantity at this point
ah, thanks for the info. I don't think a negative rep deserved. there are many people who post unverifiable information. BUT if I back up my post with a link to SCC, I piss off someone and get a negative rep. go figure. that is the last time I try to help anyone.
weitau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:34 PM   #36
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
You're welcome weitau.

radhaz, please stop. What you suggested is essentially the same program that we use, with a few tweaks that work for Zilvia. Is it really necessary to keep whining about it? Just get over it already.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:07 PM   #37
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochbat
How does that change? I've noticed some are on the distinguished road, others are making names for themselves, and a certain someone has that pyschidelic aura. Do catchy statements also change with postrating? Or is it directly linked to postcount? Im guessing its based on postrank because im i've seen higherpostcount guys with DistinguishedRoad, while i've got Making a Name. Or is it cuz im cool and you guys love me?

So User Rep is pretty much how valid your statements seem? Someone that is 'on the dist. road' would hold a seemingly more valid point that someone 'unknown at this point' correct? Any way going about changing your title? Or would we just have to help out and post HELPING posts, rather than sarcasm and Flameage?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:36 PM   #38
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
It's basically if people like you or not. You could have a completely useless post and I could give you + feedback that helped your title.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:41 PM   #39
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

As "A name known to all" I'll tell you. Yes, the more Positive Rep you get, the more weight your comments would seem to hold. If Joe_Nobody with 1 gray square says that a SR head will fit on a KA block, I'm gonna laugh it off. However is Johnny_on_the_Spot that has 5 Green Squares tells me the same thing, I might take it more seriously.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:18 AM   #40
radhaz
Premium Member

radhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud ofradhaz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
radhaz, please stop. What you suggested is essentially the same program that we use, with a few tweaks that work for Zilvia. Is it really necessary to keep whining about it? Just get over it already.
Good words to live by

Don't mind criticism.
If it is untrue, disregard it.
If it is unfair, keep from irritation.
It if is ignorant, smile.
If it is justified, learn from it.

Note that your 4th stanza has the If and it misplaced. Just because you don't like the idea doesn't make it less valid it just mean's it's less likely to get implemented on Zilvia, which is no big deal. I imagine most users found the humor in my last post, but when you're the one getting clowned it's kinda hard to laugh sometimes. I understand how you feel that since my opinion is different than your own that I am whining, but don't expect me to change my opinion anytime soon.

Respectfully
RadHaz
Old 07-20-2005, 07:59 AM   #41
SochBAT
Post Whore!

If you kinda think about it, this is already instituded in the minds of Zilvians. For the mostpart, it applies also. The higher the postcount, the more knowledgable. The higher the reps, the more plausible his/her statement would be. Most people kinda assume the 'senior members' are well-off with their knowledge of cars, so they wouldn't try to prove them wrong. Or something like that. I personally go by that rule, but i also take into consideration what they aer saying, how they are saying it, etc etc. But on the other hand, you've got guys that know their shit, but tend to give sarcastic remarks, ie. MAKATO. I personally think the system instituted is fine the way it is. "why reinvent the wheel?" Besides making it lighter, and work more effieciently?

Oh well, sleep time. And please take my statement as 'ease off, cool your heads, no more arguement over this.'

Thank you.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:25 PM   #42
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Thanks radhaz, for as long as I've had that signature I have never noticed that misplaced word, nor has anyone else. I don't feel clowned, and I did see the humor you were trying to imply with your "Cartman" post. I just don't see the need to keep harping on it. I'm done debating the reputation system, I didn't institute it, I don't have the power to change the settings. I think it works pretty well. Your opinion is different, and you're sticking by your guns. I can respect that. "Agree to Disagree" works as long as we keep it friendly.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:46 PM   #43
radhaz
Premium Member

That works for me Thatguy.