Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-16-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
Gepeto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Gepeto will become famous soon enoughGepeto will become famous soon enoughGepeto will become famous soon enoughGepeto will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Driveshaft for S14 KA24DE with KA24E Tranny

I have a 1995 S14 with a 1995 KA24DE in it undergoing a tranny swap for a manual transmission..

My transmission is a KA24E transmission..

What driveshaft fits?

I have a 1995 NON-ABS Manual driveshaft but it seems to be too long !

Getting it cut kind of sucks.. what combination should fit?
Gepeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 96 and I had a KA24E tranny out of an 89 in for a long time. My stock propshaft fit fine. If there was any difference at all it was that the ka24e tranny was a few MM shorter. Not enough to make any difference in the install of the tranny. Have you tried unbolting the guide thingy that holds the prop shaft about halfway? I had to unbolt that to free up some play in order to get it all back together.
SpeedMonkeyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
Gepeto
Leaky Injector

Gepeto will become famous soon enoughGepeto will become famous soon enoughGepeto will become famous soon enoughGepeto will become famous soon enough
Do you have ABS or not?
By the stock one you mean the auto one?

PS: I was able to fit the 95 manual shaft but it rubbed on tranny...
Old 08-16-2005, 10:12 AM   #4
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
driveshaft is 2 pieces, if you are swapping auto to 5-speed, shitcan the auto front section and get a 5-speed one, the rear section will be fine (unless it was ABS, then it is 1" too short), and the transmission is the same (or if it IS different, the difference is negligible), but have fun with the speed sensor.

... this is an oft-covered topic, thank you for playing.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #5
Gepeto
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
driveshaft is 2 pieces, if you are swapping auto to 5-speed, shitcan the auto front section and get a 5-speed one, the rear section will be fine (unless it was ABS, then it is 1" too short), and the transmission is the same (or if it IS different, the difference is negligible), but have fun with the speed sensor.

... this is an oft-covered topic, thank you for playing.
My rear section is OK, but I have a manual non-ABS 1995 one and the front is too long..it was really really tight and rubbed on the transmission...

It's like 2/3rd of an inch too long...
Old 08-16-2005, 10:33 AM   #6
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gepeto
My rear section is OK, but I have a manual non-ABS 1995 one and the front is too long..it was really really tight and rubbed on the transmission...

It's like 2/3rd of an inch too long...
Weird, I have a 95 engine/tranny in my 89, with my 89 auto rear section and some S14 manual non-ABS front section, I have no idea what the hell Russ pulled it off of, and didn't care enough to ask as long as it fit.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:18 AM   #7
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
I do have ABS, but my car was never auto. It was just a tranny swap for me because I broke the first tranny in the car, so I used my brother's tranny that he had laying around the garage. I didn't do anything with either piece of the propshaft.
SpeedMonkeyInc is offline   Reply With Quote