Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #61
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
wire wheel, three spray bottles of krud kutter (phosphoric acid rust removal and inhibitor), let it sit for a few days, trimmed off the nasty parts but didnt cut out sections of the rail; there would have been nothing left. going to get coated with por-15 and then rhino liner post weld.

Will it come back? probably, but probably not before I smash this one to bits. I would care more, but remember that the trunk floor and drivers side rear tow hook are rusted through and dented up/smashed up? this car is a tetanus shot waiting to happen.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #62
Carl H
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Carl H is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Carl H
better swap out that r32 tach if you want your revs to read right and not 1.5x low.
also if you didnt sort out your oil pressure problem you may have missed the oring seal on the front cover to the block.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #63
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
i have a parts cluster here, i gotta pull the tach and swap it over.
the o-ring was there when i put the new pump on.

If I listened to brewster240 in the first place and changed the pickup tube, I bet I would have oil pressure.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #64
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

brake lines aren't my best, so they will get re-done when i have time. nearly done.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #65
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
Approved
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #66
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

e30, durdan or both?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #67
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

I swapped my pick up tube for the revised version from the s14 SR20DET(with corresponding gasket).
Didn't see shit for the first few cranks, took off the oil filter to see what was happening. Burped oil at me! I put the filter back on, and kept bumping the ignition.

After a few more, I had a steady stream coming from all the holes on the oiler tubes, and didn't see any oil on the floor, except for what came out of the filter when I took it off.

FINALLY HAVE OIL PRESSURE. WOOOOOOOOT.

I also just finished laying ALL the wiring in the car too, I only have to put the fuel pump, spark plugs and fuel in the car before I can fire it up.

After that, its all just little things and then my S13 build will be complete in time for the coming season. Never thought I'd ever see the light with this damn thing.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #68
zenki_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

zenki_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to zenki_240sx
awesome build. keep it up. oh yeah, im also filipino. lol
zenki_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #69
brewster240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
brewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brewster240
That's what you get for trying to take my subway card.
brewster240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #70
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

LOL

"i'm on to you philippinos and your ways"
Old 01-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #71
zenki_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

its filipinos not philippinos. LOL
Old 01-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #72
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

lol tomatoe, tomato.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #73
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
great build pare! tagalog ka ba?
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #74
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

nope! msglngth
Old 03-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #75
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Things get really crowded in the engine bay when I started putting it all together. The P/S system and the Oil catch can really took up a fair amount of space, but w/e. It works, and is still easily accessible.

oh and the car runs now.

pics to come in a few.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #76
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Finally almost done in the engine bay.

Gotta mount the rad, coolant overflow, secure the fuse boxes, tidy up the wiring, and make a BMC heat shield. And that will take care of my engine bay.

Bunch of little shit to finish, hopefully I'll make it to Etown's opener on March 30th.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #77
Thmotorsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (28)
Thmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really niceThmotorsports is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Sweet build!~
Thmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #78
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Evan made up a coil pack cover

Fitted an ISIS radiator

Turns out my old one had a daughter board, and the tune on that rom went to shit.
That ecu came from this guy. This was before I knew about all his previous transgressions.

sr20det breaking up baddly - YouTube

Also got the floor pan repaired, and put some heat insulation down.

And ordered another E5 ecu for my car, for a damn steal too.

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 09-21-2013 at 08:06 PM..
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #79
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Got it running, and put it on the road.

Got it aligned, and began my break in procedure.

(about 6 weeks ago)

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 08-26-2014 at 06:56 PM..
Old 09-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #80
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

S13 SR20DET 3" exhaust - YouTube

Here's a vid of the exhaust note.

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 09-21-2013 at 08:13 PM..
Old 09-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #81
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

But monday night (9/9/13) was a sad night for me. I was on the highway and my HKS turbo called it quits. 15 miles from my house, it came on and off of boost intermittently, and then stopped boosting. And then smoke, then death howl and a nasty sound when it tried to make boost.
but I'm not too upset, not bad for a used turbo that I got for 100 bucks and a pair of wheels.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46yZUgHi38

But the Garrett GT2560r to replace it is ordered up and eta is 2 weeks.

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 09-21-2013 at 08:12 PM..
Old 09-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #82
zenki_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Sorry to see your car is down afer you just finish building it. Hope everything works out for the better!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #83
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki_240sx View Post
Sorry to see your car is down afer you just finish building it. Hope everything works out for the better!
Thanks man.

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 09-21-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #84
KoukiKid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
KoukiKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Awesome build, can't wait to see more progress!
KoukiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #85
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Got to sorting the interior.

Gauges n shit

I have since installed the column plastics and the knee bolster.

And the replacement wheel came in. Thankful that my sponsor, Neutron Coatings, could get it done to match the rest of my wheels. Porsche Silver, wassup!

Tires and turbo tomorrow. Got to drain my intercooler too, it has alot of oil in it...