Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
negativejason
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
negativejason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s13 rat rod 240 build 56k nopenopenope

So I didn't start thinking about doing a build thread until after i had already started the build. So I'm missing a few steps in between. I also know that i did some things "out of order" for most people, but i don't care.

This is the car when i first bought it. Has it's little ticks just like any car does, but i love it all the same. The car came with Skunk2 lowering springs on stock struts, xxr 962 17x9 +35 (I believe that is the offset), and a strange but decently sounding custom exhaust.

So first things first, suspension was in order. I started with Powered By Max competition coilovers, RUCAs, and toe arms.

I got the rear coilovers on and realized that without spacers on the front, that i wouldn't be able to put the front coilovers on, so ARP extended wheel studs, PBM 15mm bolt on spacers, and nrg lug nuts were ordered.

While i was already working down in that area i decided to do brakes. So drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads were ordered and installed.

So i got the car back down on the ground finally, got it aligned, and started to drive it around. That lasted one whole weekend.

While driving home on sunday from a meet, the car started to overheat. Which worried me, but luckily i had my trusty jug-o-water with me to refill the radiator. So i noticed then that i had a leak somewhere in the system, and that it was showing signs of both a bad thermostat and air in the system. I replaced the thermostat and let it run for about 15 minutes to get up to normal operation temp and no more overheating, but once i turned the car off i noticed that steam was leaking out of the top neck on the radiator.

So this is where the car sits now. Awaiting a new timing chain tensioner, radiator and hoses, as the current radiator upper hose neck is broken and leaks slightly.

I just lost my job so hopefully I'll be able to find new work somewhere soon and be able to get back to work on her soon. Though while i was still working, I did get the chance to buy some more goodies that will be going on her soon.

Dorkidori clothing/Grip Royal collab wheel with Grip Royal polished horn button.

XTD 9lbs flywheel and 6 puck clutch

OBX header and Megan Racing test pipe.

Energy Suspension master bushing kit

Hopefully I'll find work pretty soon and be able to get back to work on her, and I'll continue to update this as I get to work on her some more.
negativejason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
Anhib316

Trader Rating: (0)
Anhib316 has a spectacular aura aboutAnhib316 has a spectacular aura aboutAnhib316 has a spectacular aura aboutAnhib316 has a spectacular aura aboutAnhib316 has a spectacular aura aboutAnhib316 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how much more room do you have until you max your coilovers out?
Anhib316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
looks like a good starting point!!
you don't see many gunmetal coupes anymore.
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
those bushings are a party to put in. have fun.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
those bushings are a party to put in. have fun.
Fact.

Length
KoukiMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
Rich260z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Rich260z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'd also sell teh TC rod bushings and put that towards some adjustable TC rods
Rich260z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
rangerjavi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
rangerjavi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
That's a pretty coupe in my opinion but good luck with your build and also with finding new work as well. (I know how it feels I was laid off too.)

Being a Floridian is a birth right!
rangerjavi is offline   Reply With Quote