Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 08-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (15)
ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
05 SAABARU 9-2x Aero AWD, 2.5 swap WRX/STi

Hey everyone, I have a rare SAAB 9-2x, its basically a WRX with a SAAB front end (if your not familar) They only made these in 2005-06 when Subaru own a stake in SAAB. The @170k, the stock 2.0 engine threw a rod and I replaced it with a 2.5 motor from a WRX. Some say its simailar to an STi engine minus turbo/injectors/tune. The current motor has about 45k, chassis has 170k, car has no mods, AUTOMATIC. It could use new tires, steering pump needs to be bled, other then that the car is perfectly sound. Please email me with any questions. No trades please. Perfect daily for the winter coming up.

[email protected]

FIRM price is $7500

Thanks!

Last edited by ESone3; 11-03-2012 at 01:34 PM..
ESone3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
s-cargo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
s-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
FYI gm owned a 10% stake in Subaru and gm took this car and made it a Saab to try and boost sales for the company... But it is a cool rare car that has alot more class than an impreza glws
s-cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
Touche, price changed. FIRM!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
bblack_91240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
bblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Helluva price for a Saabaru!! Too bad its auto free bump for you sir! GLWS
Old 09-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

bump
Old 11-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Snow might be coming soon!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
ksingh2463

Trader Rating: (0)
ksingh2463 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if only this wasn't a auto
ksingh2463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Someone needs an AWD/turbo/famliy/winter car!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
oldgovernor
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
oldgovernor is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I saw this on craigslist. I wanted to publicly shame the owner. Now I can.

While the car is certainly a wrx it is not an STi. It would be akin to posting a stock 02 wrx with a title "FS: Subaru WRX/STi"

If you have a 2.5l wrx motor you have a ej255. The STi has an ej257. The ej257 has different pistons from the ej255.

If you simply put a vf39 STi turbo on the car then you could title it "WRX/STi" because it would have at least one STi specific part.

You might as well call this a "WRX/Forester XT."

Thank you for listening to my rant and GLWS.
oldgovernor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgovernor View Post

While the car is certainly a wrx it is not an STi. It would be akin to posting a stock 02 wrx with a title "FS: Subaru WRX/STi"

If you have a 2.5l wrx motor you have a ej255. The STi has an ej257. The ej257 has different pistons from the ej255.

If you simply put a vf39 STi turbo on the car then you could title it "WRX/STi" because it would have at least one STi specific part.

Im not sure if the was a good way to achieve a higher post count, and maybe a little less rudeness and you would go somewhere. but the way you act, will get you pinked
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
spiritr34
Zilvia Member

spiritr34 is an unknown quantity at this point
RB

clean ride, should make an awesome daily
spiritr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #12
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgovernor View Post

In this ad he never says this is an STI. He says it's a fucking Saab with an engine from a WRX. "Some say its simailar to an STi engine minus turbo/injectors/tune." I'm not sure if you're illiterate but this doesnt mean that this is a STI.
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #13
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

LOL, thanks guys. I think he just wanted to share his knowledge of the STi engine. Anywho, thanks for the free bumps hahah.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #14
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Insipration