Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:11 AM   #13741
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I would not be one bit sad if the existing WRX was killed off and sacrificed, especially if it would mean a turbo brz/86 and Yaris GR would have more a chance.

Wish instead that Toyota would do the exact opposite; they badge engineer the the Yaris GR, share it with Subaru and make that the new WRX.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2021, 05:03 AM   #13742
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Doesn't the GR Yaris have an estimated cost of about $40K-$45K? How would it be able replace the WRX at that price point?
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:49 AM   #13743
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What makes things more interesting is when you factor in that most of these cars on on their last generation or two at the most. So while it might not make sense, Akio Toyoda has made it clear he wants Toyota to have a whole portfolio of sports cars. And if he?s the enthusiast he sure the hell seems to be, this is his last chance to go all in on some crazy ICE sports cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2021, 01:10 PM   #13744
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Unless petroleum and internal combustion is outlawed we'll be getting access to gasoline and diesel for the rest of our lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Cheap. There is SO much of it and it?s still cheap. 20 years, especially if we?re talking declining usage, won?t put a dent in it. And plus there are waaaay too many petrol cars out there and too much money invested into them to just stop producing it.

Legitimately just curious, but do we actually know how much crude is left in the ground?
Old 02-25-2021, 01:14 PM   #13745
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
They're still finding new fields on a regular basis. I wonder what they'll do with it all after gasoline and diesel fall out of common usage.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:29 PM   #13746
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
They're still finding new fields on a regular basis. I wonder what they'll do with it all after gasoline and diesel fall out of common usage.
plastics require crude oils to manufacture... and plastic isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:46 PM   #13747
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
We're moving away from plastic packaging as fast as internal combustion. The future of crude oil is humans figuring out how to create it for cheap to dump carbon back out of the atmosphere.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:43 PM   #13748
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
We're moving away from plastic packaging as fast as internal combustion. The future of crude oil is humans figuring out how to create it for cheap to dump carbon back out of the atmosphere.
youre forgetting about ABS plastics that are used in damn near everything on the planet now. injection based molding is something that is growing by the day and ABS plastic relies on crude oils.

Old 02-26-2021, 04:51 AM   #13749
altitude
Leaky Injector

altitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The future of crude oil is humans figuring out how to create it for cheap to dump carbon back out of the atmosphere.
I can picture a device with a reciprocating assembly pumping large volume of air from the inlet and dumping liquid carbon on the outlet ! Put a turbine in front makes it more efficient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
youre forgetting about ABS plastics that are used in damn near everything on the planet now. injection based molding is something that is growing by the day and ABS plastic relies on crude oils.
Well if most plastics end up in landfills I guess we can say we've kept that carbon out of the atmosphere

On topic: I'm worried for Mazda
Old 02-26-2021, 05:50 AM   #13750
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by altitude View Post
On topic: I'm worried for Mazda
Interesting...I?m not sure I?ve been more excited for them. The new RWD platform and inline 6 is going to be amazing. Plus their current design language is almost universally loved.

Old 02-26-2021, 08:09 AM   #13751
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Probably too early to know, but are these inline-6 motors going to have manuals? Mazda has been on my mind lately after my daughter was born. CX-5 is looking attractive to me all of a sudden, unless there are better sporty crossovers to take a look at.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:28 PM   #13752
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Probably too early to know, but are these inline-6 motors going to have manuals?
that would be a huge NOPE!

Old 02-27-2021, 07:07 AM   #13753
altitude
Leaky Injector

altitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The new RWD platform and inline 6 is going to be amazing. Plus their current design language is almost universally loved.
From a Zilvian standpoint it is an exciting car but it will debut in a segment that might be dominated by EVs... heck will the BMW 3 be EV by then?
Old 02-27-2021, 08:49 AM   #13754
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Probably too early to know, but are these inline-6 motors going to have manuals? Mazda has been on my mind lately after my daughter was born. CX-5 is looking attractive to me all of a sudden, unless there are better sporty crossovers to take a look at.

No chance it?ll be manual.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:51 AM   #13755
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by altitude View Post
From a Zilvian standpoint it is an exciting car but it will debut in a segment that might be dominated by EVs... heck will the BMW 3 be EV by then?

I?m actually more interested in the CX-9 which will be on the same platform and engine. The current one is steady the sportiest CUV in the segment, making it RWD based with an inline 6 and those type of proportions are going to make it gorgeous.

Old 02-28-2021, 09:05 AM   #13756
snags
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
snags is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero983 View Post
Legitimately just curious, but do we actually know how much crude is left in the ground?
think oceans
snags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #13757
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
thanks God for Gordon Murray

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:20 AM   #13758
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
^^ Gorgeous. Rear looks like a modernized mix of Lancia Stratos and McLaren F1.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:41 PM   #13759
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^^That is so hot.

I hope one day to be wealthy enough to own a car like that.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:42 PM   #13760
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^^That is so hot.

I hope one day to be wealthy enough to own a car like that.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:08 PM   #13761
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection

IS500 F Sport Performance looks interesting: https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...t-look-review/

Seems like Toyota is going through the parts bin and adding some new life to this older chassis.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:28 AM   #13762
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Seems like Toyota is going through the parts bin and adding some new life to this older chassis.
too bad they cant add a third pedal and manual transmission!!!

ive always loved the new IS series and wished Toyota had made AT LEAST the 2.0t in stick. that wouldve been a blast of a car (same goes for the Infinti Q50 sedan, probably the best looking Nissan out there in a long time)

Old 03-01-2021, 12:39 PM   #13763
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

https://jalopnik.com/porsche-claims-...ion-1846319665
Old 03-02-2021, 11:08 AM   #13764
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Uh whoa, Nissan possibly just teased the next GTR. At first I thought it was the GT-R50 but the twilights and wing are significantly different. Looks like they are leaning into a more super car shape from the teaser.

Old 03-02-2021, 02:49 PM   #13765
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Oh god I hope they aren't going MR with it
Old 03-02-2021, 04:10 PM   #13766
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The Future Automotive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Oh god I hope they aren't going MR with it

As much as that would just just kill the fanboys, it would be an amazing move to make the GTR finally a legit super car. If the Corvette can go MR, the GTR can too.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:19 PM   #13767
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about

Oh G, did they mention anything about cupholders.

And that color,

....meeeeh

Old 03-02-2021, 05:46 PM   #13768
cured13
Zilvia Addict

don't loose your focus on fuCHer
Old 03-02-2021, 05:53 PM   #13769
Future240
Future Moderator

Nothing we had not already seen but nice to look at.

Engine note is definitely a VR30 imo.

https://youtu.be/U1eVHd-H0Tw
Old 03-02-2021, 05:54 PM   #13770
Future240
Future Moderator

Nothing we had not already seen but nice to look at.

Engine note is definitely a VR30 imo.

https://youtu.be/U1eVHd-H0Tw