Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #22681
OffLimits

Trader Rating: (0)
OffLimits is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
pics of said covers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OffLimits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2019, 07:10 PM   #22682
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
I like em. Get them if you like em and you think the price is fair.
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:32 AM   #22683
180sx_
Leaky Injector

180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about
So today I went to lower the rear and then noticed I had already maxxed the coilovers out [emoji23]

But I have another question. My passenger side rear sits about an inch higher than the drivers side rear. Why would that be if the coilovers are maxxed out at same level? Would it be the preload?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
180sx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #22684
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
has your car ever been in an accident?
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:30 AM   #22685
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sx_ View Post
My passenger side rear sits about an inch higher than the drivers side rear. Why would that be if the coilovers are maxxed out at same level? Would it be the preload?
Preload &/or weight. It's common to have a slight variance. See 'corner balancing'.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #22686
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sx_ View Post
So today I went to lower the rear and then noticed I had already maxxed the coilovers out [emoji23]

But I have another question. My passenger side rear sits about an inch higher than the drivers side rear. Why would that be if the coilovers are maxxed out at same level? Would it be the preload?
It may also be that your driveway or whatever parking surface is not truly level
Old 06-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #22687
Presto
Leaky Injector

Presto is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought s13 with Ka24e. In order to pass emissions I believe I have to put on allll the emissions stuff back, charcoal canister, egr valve, ugly vacuum shit behind the head, etc... I don’t have any of the parts for this and I’m not sure where to find all of it so here’s my question:

Is there any way to pass emissions without all of this or does anyone know the bare minimum I need?
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #22688
Presto
Leaky Injector

I posted that twice idk how to delete this
Old 06-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #22689
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I just bought s13 with Ka24e. In order to pass emissions I believe I have to put on allll the emissions stuff back, charcoal canister, egr valve, ugly vacuum shit behind the head, etc... I don’t have any of the parts for this and I’m not sure where to find all of it so here’s my question:

Is there any way to pass emissions without all of this or does anyone know the bare minimum I need?
depends what state you live in. i'm assuming california, in which case, yes, you need all of that shit if you want to pass it legit. if you know a lazy smog shop you might be able to pass without if they don't pop the hood and your car is running clean with a decent working cat, but then you run the risk of having it fail, which looks sketchy on your smog record.

people are always parting out their shit i'm sure if you post a wtb here or facebook, someone would have what you need.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:21 PM   #22690
180sx_
Leaky Injector

180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
has your car ever been in an accident?
Nope not that I know of.

I measured my preload and both are the same. Which confuses me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
180sx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:06 PM   #22691
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hello,

I spent some time searching for an answer but I dont think I was using the correct keywords. I wanted to ask, I recently got an alignment and, according to the tech, the front camber is the same on both sides. Yet when I look at the top hats of my coil over, the slot positions are different; one is in the middle the other is all the way out. One wheel rubs on turns and the other doesnt (could be fenders are uneven). What could this be?

I have coil overs, adjustable tension rods, stock LCA with NEW balljoints, and new OE outer tie rods in the front. The car has been significantly lowered from stock.

Rear end has all adjustable arms and stock LCA with new balljoints.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #22692
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Yet when I look at the top hats of my coil over, the slot positions are different; one is in the middle the other is all the way out. One wheel rubs on turns and the other doesnt (could be fenders are uneven). What could this be?
Maybe the top hat/camber plates are positioned incorrectly? Thought that may depend on the C/O design. Just a guess. Pic may help too.

**edit** One side may have additional camber at the knuckle.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:09 PM   #22693
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
**edit** One side may have additional camber at the knuckle.
that’s my bet. slotted lower coilovers mounts not in the same position. that or.... a strut tower is pushed in...
Old 06-07-2019, 02:47 AM   #22694
Presto
Leaky Injector

KA Remanufactured Mass air flow doesn’t work maybe?

My Ka24e SOHC was bogging down and running like shit so I checked some stuff: Before I replaced the mass air flow sensor I cleaned it noticing one of the filaments were broke off so I figured this was causing issues.

My car would run like shit before and idle with at least responsive gas, be restricted to like 2000 rpms and all that good stuff, symptoms of a MAF being bad.

I checked vacuum lines I checked spark plugs, injectors replaced, the fuel pump seems to be working and it was replaced by previous owner, I rewired the connector for the Mass air flow sensor, the fuel pressure regulator seems fine, cleaned the iacv, brake booster hoses is there. I’m pretty sure all the intake holes are capped. I’m not sure if he ran anything to the check valve near gas tank after deleting charcoal canister but I don’t think it causes these problems as the car runs without the maf sensor, the car will idle until there is no more gas. Distributor cap and ignition coil seem to have been recently replaced by previous owner. I don’t hear anything from timing chain but I honestly haven’t looked at it, haven’t checked compression, new throttle position sensor, new o2 sensor, new header + exhaust. Battery is good. cleaned throttle body, new injector pigtails from previous owner, coolant temp sensor seems to work correctly

This all was AFTER I got a remanufactured MAF. Once I put the new mass air flow sensor in the car wouldn’t start at all unless I unplugged it, but I assume the maf is good so THEN I did all that other stuff.

Now the car runs much much better but I’m having the same bogging issue

Is it possible that I got a faulty remanufactured part? Ordered it From autozone
Old 06-07-2019, 04:20 AM   #22695
prp

prp is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the red top s13 sr20 oem gasket kit (10101-50F25) the same as the blacktop s13 gasket kit (10101-50F27)?
prp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #22696
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Here's my setup. I think I already know the issue, the slots are mismatched side to side on the camber plates. One side is using the outer 2 slots while the other is using the inner 2. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM?

Last edited by DJTTon; 06-08-2019 at 09:38 AM..
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:43 PM   #22697
mycrors4

mycrors4 is on the path to ruinmycrors4 is on the path to ruin
anyone with a rep jdm ebay wing wanna take a measurement for me?

trying to figure out if it would fit on my trunk(not going on an s14)

mycrors4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:06 AM   #22698
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Here's my setup. I think I already know the issue, the slots are mismatched side to side on the camber plates. One side is using the outer 2 slots while the other is using the inner 2. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM?

Did you make sure none of the arms are bent/bushings are blown/wheels sit the same distance out of the wheel well when the wheel is straight and turned lock to lock?
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #22699
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
https://www.nissanparts.cc/oem-parts...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

^ Ive read that these are a must to replace since most of the time on our old 240s theyre worn out already. How many of these do I need to buy for replacement?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:46 AM   #22700
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
whoops double post.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #22701
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
https://www.nissanparts.cc/oem-parts...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

^ Ive read that these are a must to replace since most of the time on our old 240s theyre worn out already. How many of these do I need to buy for replacement?
Just one.

While you're at it, get two of these as well
https://conceptzperformance.com/niss...200_p_5805.php
And one of these too
https://conceptzperformance.com/niss...f10_p_4481.php
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:33 PM   #22702
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Did you make sure none of the arms are bent/bushings are blown/wheels sit the same distance out of the wheel well when the wheel is straight and turned lock to lock?
I have not inspected anything on vehicle yet, but everything looked straight prior to installation. Recently had an alignment done and now Im wondering this. Over the winter, I did replace the stock tension rods with adjustable ones and tried to match OEM arm length as closely as possible; I dont think the arms were touched during alignment though. New ball joints on LCA properly seated in, with new wheel hub and new outer tierods. Everything torqued to spec. And, you see my coilover tophats. So pretty much everything was touched.

Perhaps one of the coils is bent, or the tension rod is too extended, or sway bar bent?
Old 06-11-2019, 06:26 AM   #22703
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Just one.

While you're at it, get two of these as well
https://conceptzperformance.com/niss...200_p_5805.php
And one of these too
https://conceptzperformance.com/niss...f10_p_4481.php
I suggest getting twice as much as you need. These parents won't be available in the near future and it's better to have too much than too little - especially if you're already paying shipping for these very inexpensive parts. You never know.

Quote:
I have not inspected anything on vehicle yet, but everything looked straight prior to installation. Recently had an alignment done and now Im wondering this. Over the winter, I did replace the stock tension rods with adjustable ones and tried to match OEM arm length as closely as possible; I dont think the arms were touched during alignment though. New ball joints on LCA properly seated in, with new wheel hub and new outer tierods. Everything torqued to spec. And, you see my coilover tophats. So pretty much everything was touched.

Perhaps one of the coils is bent, or the tension rod is too extended, or sway bar bent?
At this point, anything can be bent. You'll really have to pull everything and put it all side by side. Re-center the rack, check tie rods, everything. If it isn't doing any harm right now, carry on but I have OCD and like to make sure my car isn't completely fucked so I'd take all those unnecessary steps.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #22704
iJDM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
iJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Can anyone be so kind as to take a picture and/or provide a picture of how their connectors for the IACV and knock sensors are routed/mounted to the intake manifold on their s13 sr20det

I acquired this thing in many, many pieces, am in the process of reassembly and haven't found a picture to solve my problem yet...

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-16-2019, 08:15 AM   #22705
steves_2jz240

steves_2jz240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know what this piece is? It sat next to the windshield wiper motor on my 95 S14.

steves_2jz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:17 AM   #22706
steves_2jz240

Anyone know what this piece is? It sat next to the windshield wiper motor on my 95 S14.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by steves_2jz240; 06-16-2019 at 08:49 AM..
Old 06-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #22707
jakeykunSR20

Trader Rating: (2)
jakeykunSR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steves_2jz240 View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
Cruise control actuator.
jakeykunSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #22708
steves_2jz240

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeykunSR20 View Post
Cruise control actuator.
Awesome thank you for the quick reply! Now I know I can toss this lol
Old 06-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #22709
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves_2jz240 View Post
Awesome thank you for the quick reply! Now I know I can toss this lol
No way! You better get that cruise control going!
Old 06-17-2019, 10:52 PM   #22710
Presto
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreslukas21 View Post
Alrighty, I need some help! My car has had this issue for about 4 months and I just can't figure it out. So my ka24e when i get up to 3500 rpm it starts bogging and will sit at that till i floor it and then it goes past it and will be fine. So if you have any knowledge on this please let me know. Thank you!

My maf is working.
Have you figured this out yet, my SOHC has new maf as well, idles at 2k rpm, some misfire, I have to ease into the gas in order to make it into high rpms. Also the car stalls as soon as I try to move it forward in gear