Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #31
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbokle View Post
Dime less than 6k, car does has over 140k on it. I mean, I hope he would get that much, but let’s be realistic here. Wonder what I should ask for mine that has under 25k miles still sitting on the original tires
To use the 'cliche' phrase: it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

The miles are high, yes...but with all the possible motor options and shit I'd be more apt to pay for a clean-bodied car vice a shitty body with a fresh motor. Motors come and go, clean cars are getting harder to find.

Depending on the color, year, and cleanliness of your car, you could ask way more than $6k...
Old 05-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #32
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow amazing car, i hope it goes to a great home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #33
Moonride

Trader Rating: (0)
Moonride is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Had a 1990 S13 much like this in terms of body condition but has 300k+ miles on it. Really nice toy until it got stolen just last week. Found the car 2 days later. They messed it up pretty bad and now it's just sitting in the garage and idk what to do with it. I'm so mad... ugh! Anyway, I hope this car finds a nice home. GL with selling~
Old 05-09-2019, 06:10 PM   #34
rfbokle
Leaky Injector

rfbokle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
To use the 'cliche' phrase: it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

The miles are high, yes...but with all the possible motor options and shit I'd be more apt to pay for a clean-bodied car vice a shitty body with a fresh motor. Motors come and go, clean cars are getting harder to find.

Depending on the color, year, and cleanliness of your car, you could ask way more than $6k...
Problem is no 240 owners are willing to pay that much. They want cheap, period. Let’s face it, that is why most people get a 240. The comical thing is the msrp on this car back in 93 was around 16k lol.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #35
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Problem is no 240 owners are willing to pay that much. They want cheap, period. Let’s face it, that is why most people get a 240. The comical thing is the msrp on this car back in 93 was around 16k lol.
Yeah, the verts were even in the 20s

Old 05-09-2019, 11:47 PM   #36
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Why is that comical...?

I mean I'm really not talking shit when I say I've never sold an S-Chassis and lost money. You really think no one will pay $6k? If I was in the market, I would. I've listened to a lot of shitty advice over the years about cutting initial costs to save some money. It's ALWAYS been a bad move and the repair costs/'unknowns' that come from a sketchy car end up bringing the total cost close to what a cleaner alternative would've gone for outright. If you value the ability to take time with restoration and repairs, then by all means buy a shittier car and take your time, you know?

Not saying this directly to you, but ANYONE that thinks $6k for a clean, running car is too much is probably going to hack the motherfucker up anyway or has been in this 'game' long enough to be jaded.

Bump for a clean car. Hang in there, man. Someone will pay you that $6k.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:38 PM   #37
rfbokle
Leaky Injector

Check bringatrailer or ebay for that matter. I have seen super low mileage cars go for around that price. Think about it, anyone who buys it for 6k is going to want an SR in it, that I think we can agree on. Do you think the body alone is worth 6k? Let's say they don't swap the motor, how long is that motor going to last at 140k on the clock, either way you look at it you are paying really high premium at 6k for a nice body. Thinking logically, 6k for the car, another 7-8 for an SR, brakes, wheels, upgrades, etc. So your in it for 13 - 14k roughly. Some people may do it, but for me I wouldn't pay that much, I would rather put another 10k on top of that and buy a used low mileage GOLF R . Or, if you want to stay in the Nissan family go buy a lower mileage 300zx Twin Turbo for around 18k.

Last edited by rfbokle; 05-14-2019 at 08:48 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 08:58 AM   #38
Esserz
Leaky Injector

Esserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Check bringatrailer or ebay for that matter. I have seen super low mileage cars go for around that price. Think about it, anyone who buys it for 6k is going to want an SR in it, that I think we can agree on. Do you think the body alone is worth 6k? Let's say they don't swap the motor, how long is that motor going to last at 140k on the clock, either way you look at it you are paying really high premium at 6k for a nice body. Thinking logically, 6k for the car, another 7-8 for an SR, brakes, wheels, upgrades, etc. So your in it for 13 - 14k roughly. Some people may do it, but for me I wouldn't pay that much, I would rather put another 10k on top of that and buy a used low mileage GOLF R . Or, if you want to stay in the Nissan family go buy a lower mileage 300zx Twin Turbo for around 18k.
Great thoughts....

Anywho.. Car is sold. Buyer offered $6500 ($500 over asking) And picking it up in a few weeks. Please close thread.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:59 PM   #39
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
did he pay you yet? An offer with a pickup a week out isnt concrete. You could get much more for it in 5-10 years. Its a hype price on a hype car, let it age and the worth will be solid. Too many shitty ones going for 3-6 lately to hold a comparison to this particular one.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:18 PM   #40
rfbokle
Leaky Injector

Did you got a non-refundable deposit? Make sure you do.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #41
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I offer my soul. Satanic ritual ready when you are! PM me if interested!
Old 05-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #42
Getchevyn

Getchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura about
Took my 8500 mile SR-13 into the dealership last week for my 10-year all fluid change. There was a recall for the belt buckle and they call corporate to order one from Japan. They told the dealer it's probably not worth fixing because it was too old. Once they heard the condition and mileage, the next question was, "is it for sale?

I been asked enough times the last 15 years the same question whenever I pulled into a gas station.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:33 PM   #43
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
^lol

trading one of the cleanest examples of a s13 for one of the most beat up versions lmaoooo
I laughed
Old 06-04-2019, 06:17 PM   #44
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I mean I'm really not talking shit when I say I've never sold an S-Chassis and lost money.
In all my years in this never-ending game I agree. If anything I made more than what I put in.

Hey whoever the new owner is, show yourself. What do you have planned for this car? Seriously I am curious.
Closed Thread