Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-02-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
Jyttah

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need for Speed inspired S13 Welcome to 2005!

Well... I picked this car up yesterday. And yes, people looked at us A LOT on the way home... Guess why

Im really happy that it have the complete interior. Only problem i have is that its leather S14 seats. So i have to find somebody that wants to exchange for some OEM S13 seats. And it have very limited rust. A little bit infront of the rear wheels, and a bit on the frame-rail.

The car was imported from UK to Denmark back in 2011. The guy i bought it from picked it up himself, drove it to Denmark and took the engine out to upgrade it with a FMIC, another turbo and to respray the enginebay. Unfortunally he had a lot of other projects, so he never finished the project. And thats where i came into the picture.
I saw the car for sale back in 2019 for 50.000DKR (6700?, 7300USD, 5800?) and thought it was a lot of money for a S13 with a rather... uhm.... special paintjob.

I didnt think more of it untill i saw it again a month ago. This time the price was dropped down to 23000DKR (3100?, 3400USD, 2700?) I picked up a friend and drove for 3 hours to look at it. It looked decent for the price, but i was NOT a fan of the front bumper, sideskirts and rear bumper were bondo'ed/moulded up. And after all those years in the barn, it was cracking multiple places.
Anyway, We agreed on a price lower than 23000DKR (3100?, 3400USD, 2700?) so he could get rid of the car.

The engine is fully build with Wiseco pistons and rods from Japengines, and the paintjob did cost over 50.000DKR (6700?, 7300USD, 5800?) But it dont look as good anymore. I am planing to paint it when i get that far. Simply because i cant match all the colors after cutting through the bondo to get the front and rear bumper off.
My wife thinks the Dragon is the bomb though, and she wants to keep it

Now i just have to wait a month so i can move into my new 50 m2 (540sq ft) workshop
Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2020, 09:03 AM   #2
Jyttah

I dont have much of an update as im still waiting to move into my new garage/warehouse. But heres what i have:

The plan with this car is to keep it cheap. It means i have to do as much as possible myself, and keep all expenses down. This means i only go for stuff thats important to make it run. (except painting the enginebay)

The car is still parked in our carport where i cant/am not allowed to work on it.
But nobody can deny me to look further into the car.

A previous owner installed a reverse camera - something i would have done a bit different

But i have bought another center piece for cheap (500DKR, 74$, 67?)

I got 2 extra exhaust manifolds in the car-deal. But i dont know if i should use them or the original. Any ideas?

Theres also 2 turbos included. the original that have around 1cm play, so its just trash. And another China-turbo that i will use until i find something extremely cheap.

Unfortunally i found some bad parts about the car. First of, i poked a finger through the spare wheel well. But i kinda expected it, so no big deal.
Another bag thing is that the whole bodykit is screwed into place, and then moulded. This makes it a LOT harder to remove the sideskirts without damaging it to much. I was hoping to get it of in one piece, so i can sell it to someone who wants the 2005 style.

And bonuspoint. The bodykit is a Veilside C-III
http://www.veilsidejpn.com/en/produc...n/180sx_c3.php

The interior is complete, and thats a HUGE plus! But im not a fan of the leather seats. But i guess theyll do for now untill i find something more fitting for this car

I saw some wheels in the other end of the country, and i had a friend who went to pick up a car there. so i asked him if he could pink them up, and he said, no problem. A few days later he dropped them off.

And this was the car he picked up. MK3 supra with turbo and manual gear... and no rust. It was a really good deal!

Anyway. as i wrote earlier, i wanted to keep this build on a tight budget, so i was thinking about painting the car with spraypaint in a desert army theme similar to this one:

but after i ordered 3 different colors from a local army store, i didnt like any of them

So ill end up biting the bullet and painting it with a gun. With also would be a better option in the long run.

Btw. does anyone know what this is? My guess is a boost gauge or a boost controller. i dont know for sure as theres no model name on it.

I also have a problem with the wheels.
Theres no lock keys, so i cant get the nuts of.
Ive ordered some 10 point sockets that might work on 3 of them. But the locking nut might become a problem. Any tricks to get it off that dont include an axe or a welder? I would like to reuse the wheels

And i received new headlights as we are required by law to have correct adjusted ones. And thats not possible with RHD headlights. Luckily they were extremely cheap
Old 06-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #3
Jyttah

Finally i got the car into my small workshop. Its been some crazy days trying to get all the tools needed. Im still lacking a lot, but at least i have enough to keep me going for some time now.
My friend, Peter falk from Peter Falk Photofactory came by to shoot the car before i was going to rip the Veilside bodykit of of it.

And a few pictures of the new place and a good friend whos helping me. Even though he have no knowledge of cars, he's willing to help and learn. Gotta love that positivity!

After some work, we got the front bumper off. It was only held in place with 8 selftapping screws and bondo... If you are thinging about installing a bodykit with bondo, PLEASE DONT!!! - Good news though. Those front fenders are rustfree! Super rare in this part of the world!

Also the side skirt are screwed in with selftappers. I accidentally pulled out the first one as i didnt know there was a screw. But after looking close, i can see theres about 10 screws holding each sideskirt. So i have to get a small wirewheel to be able to screw the screws out.

As a last thing, i got the engine out of the bay. I dont have any plans to the engine as it should be pretty upgraded already. I might paint the valvecover, though. But i dont know what color yet.

Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM   #4
Jyttah

I think its time for a small update.

As i propably mentioned earlier, this car is going to be a budget build as i have another where i spend all my money... that i dont have!

Anyway. i bought a palletshelf to get more storagespace. And bought ton of parts. They could barely fit in my daily driver (chevrolet cruze)

And i found a few bad rustspots. But nothing some new metal cant fix.