Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:31 PM   #121
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So, i was driving my car, and knew there's really no more events that i was looking forward to the rest of the year. So i decided to park the car and start the last tear down.

Got out the Super UP! and some rollers.

decided to swing the car around.

put on jack stands and started by taking wheels off...

After cars and coffee i was was fixing my moms car and had to go get some parts, going through a small town and i ended up banging my oil pan and subframe/swaybar on a GINORMOUS pot hole. (wasnt paying attention) when i got home i noticed the headlight was kinda droopy. Turns out, the weld broke on the fender where the headlight bolts to it and i decided to zip tie it so i could still use the car a couple more times and run the gas down.

Oil pan/cross member.

Close up. This was the deciding factor that i wanted to just take the car apart for the last time and fix stuff that bothered me to show it off.

like the seam sealer

and the brake booster/master leaking.

going to be hard to scrape this one off, but i will when i re-spray the engine bay.

Going to scrape the IG handle off. as times change so do I.

Started disassembly of the front end/engine bay.

MEH, point of no return?

going to re-wire a thermostatic fan controller on so *snip* and rad/fans off.

Off with the fenders, but first the side-skirts must go.

on the floor organized.

time for the suspension to dissappear.

Almost!!

OFF.

Next was some of the wiring, chassis peeled back

Brake and clutch master/lines

Heater hoses.

finished stripping the engine of wires. hooking up the engine hoist.

Friend Logan, (the one who took the pictures at the dogwood tree and in front of the yellow flowers) came by to help pull the engine/trans.

Annnndd it's out!!

NOW WHAT!? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interior is next.....

Dash out, next is dash bar and more wiring.

Rats nest.

its all on the floor to be un-tangled.

everything is clear.

That is the (full) chassis and engine harness all in one pile.

Ended up selling these for cheap

Hung up the areo/fenders to clear the floor a bit.
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #122
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Went ahead and started organizing the wiring and cutting stuff out. i am going to be using the USDM wiring/cluster/column as i swap to RHD.

Wiring is the LEAST of my worries and sourcing a firewall is the worst... i can buy a used rack online and have it shipped worst case scenario but the firewall holds all the pieces like the pedals and whatnot, and im not hacking some shit together to make my LHD stuff work that way.. i probably wont use AC/HEAT so theres gonna be some empty space behind the dash, unless i get a FULL FRONT CLIP.

SOOOOO....

I've started looking for RHD parts. Firewall/steering rack are a must RIGHT NOW... The rest ill figure out when i get to that point as far as interior. IF you know someone willing to throw a firewall and steering rack on a pallet and ship via fed ex i can pick it up at a local center.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:38 AM   #123
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That is some mighty good work. The best part is (and Im jealous) is the massive garage space you got to work with, it is a dream of mine. Why are you going RHD? Wouldnt it be easier just to buy a whole car and swap parts over?
Old 10-09-2018, 07:39 AM   #124
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Always love these updates. Great photos as always.

-Jordie
Old 10-10-2018, 05:29 AM   #125
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
That is some mighty good work. The best part is (and Im jealous) is the massive garage space you got to work with, it is a dream of mine. Why are you going RHD? Wouldnt it be easier just to buy a whole car and swap parts over?
Thanks! After talking to a couple importing shops, its still going to be around the same price to import a shell and swap it over. The shops I talked to, said it would be about 5-10k for a car, shipping, and through the ports. That idea would leave me to sell the car. In today's market to even sell the 240 the way it sits (modified) would be a joke, it'd probably be better to just keep it. Getting the parts (that are left in the states) and doing the work myself will be MUCH cheaper and having the experience/shop to do it helps a little bit.

I wish I used the garage more than I do but I seem to be busy with the house/outside landscape more than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Always love these updates. Great photos as always.

-Jordie
Thanks Jordie! Love seeing your house and car updates as well!

SuperOK!

On a good note! I found and will be getting a clip REALLY soon. I'll definitely keep the thread updated!!!
Old 10-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #126
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
man...that's the sexiest yellow fan I've ever seen. psh.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #127
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Whilst searching online, i only saw like 2 listings for front clips. 1 on a Californina shop site, and one on ebay.. this was the one i pulled the trigger on and bought it!!

Also, RHD mirrors will be shipped with it.

The harness is complete, uncut and for power doors, which i will source local and then get door cards separate for RHD. It also has Digital Climate Control, so I will have A/C back in the car eventually.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:51 PM   #128
koukis13
Leaky Injector

koukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the rough
Nice build man. Keep em coming!
koukis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:40 AM   #129
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_OK_S13 View Post
Whilst searching online, i only saw like 2 listings for front clips. 1 on a Californina shop site, and one on ebay.. this was the one i pulled the trigger on and bought it!!

Also, RHD mirrors will be shipped with it.

The harness is complete, uncut and for power doors, which i will source local and then get door cards separate for RHD. It also has Digital Climate Control, so I will have A/C back in the car eventually.

Clip as is just the sheetmetal or are you swapping the car too?

I bought a silvia halfcut Back when I did my s13 and ended out scrapping most things that we didnt use in the swap. Kicking myself now but back in 08 no one had any use for it
Old 10-15-2018, 07:21 AM   #130
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Clip as is just the sheetmetal or are you swapping the car too?

I bought a silvia halfcut Back when I did my s13 and ended out scrapping most things that we didnt use in the swap. Kicking myself now but back in 08 no one had any use for it
I will be taking the firewall out and replacing it with the RHD one. using all the dash/components, steering rack ect ect. This clip doesn't come with any body panels/lights ect ect.... its just for the RHD conversion.

knowing where you're from, those parts were probably more readily available since they were (legal for import) cars back then
Old 10-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #131
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
how much did you pay?
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:53 PM   #132
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
how much did you pay?
About a thousand bucks. It is MUCH cheaper, IF you can find a shop/person that has a half cut for sale in the states. Then just labor unless you have the tools/know-how for the task at hand.

Options on this was, Digital climate control, power window harness, some little pieces (the a-pillar grab handle and fog light button in-tact, power folding mirrors, trunk cable ect ect) basically most of the Hard to find/forgotten stuff that will Nickel and dime me if it didn't come with.

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 10-16-2018 at 08:15 PM..
Old 10-27-2018, 03:17 AM   #133
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Shipment was delivered to my uncles Metal Supply house on 10/24,

My dad and I were supposed to go get it after i got out of work but he decided to get it himself and leave it at my garage door for when i got home. I don't know how he got it off the trailer, and put it there by him self... it weighed like 350-400lbs.. I struggled to shift it into the garage my self.

Maneuvered it into the garage and started cutting of and tearing off the bubble wrap/shrink wrap carefully.. finally, its time to get started!!

started by pulling off the loose parts and setting them aside. Mirrors, interior trim rack/pinion, ect ect.

the thing i look forward to the most is this, Can't wait to finally have AC in this car....

Old 11-08-2018, 03:33 AM   #134
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

After un-packing, it was time to dig in!!

Looking up the vin for the clip, I found out i had a Silvia K's Club series 2.5 SR20DET Automatic trans (Digital Full Automatic Airconditioner + Silver Aluminium Wheel + CD Player + Rear Spoiler + Triple Projector Headlamp + Fluorocarbon Resin Coating) Color was KH3 black.

Started taking apart the dash components to get to wiring and pedal assemblies, I found this security system spliced in.

After realizing someone in japan added a pop-up conversion to this silvia clip. i had to un-do this kinda well done add-on....

While taking the dash/wiring apart i realized i will need an electrical manual if i'm going to re-tuck everything. Asking around and posting WTB ads turned up no luck or help from anyone. So i reached out to a complete stranger I follow on Instagram from japan, and he helped me search on Buyee for a manual.

Found this and it was about 175$ total for a 1991 silvia/sr20de(t) NEW electrical handbook. I WILL be translating this book when i get it so others can look at their silvia wiring in english.

With all of the extra wiring (pop-up section/security device) out of the way i started to dismantle the interior dash components.

Interior harness Dash --> rear of car.

Burnsauto thought that the carpet may be a unique shade of grey not offered in the USA market. It looks OEM since it has the factory padding/sound deadening on the back and the door sill clips too..

i'll post up more probably later tonight when i grab a few more pics from past days progress!!
Old 11-08-2018, 08:08 AM   #135
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good progress. Hope its done for spring!

Funny thing, I always crack up when people (not you, just in general) say shit like "everybody in japan builds cars better than the US" Its like... no they hack shit up equally bad. Ever see the cars on YAJ? S-chassis scene is a bunch of hacks, world wide.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:47 PM   #136
Wknd

Wknd is an unknown quantity at this point
Just read through the whole thread and I'm seriously impressed and motivated to start working on my car right now. Good luck with the progress.
Wknd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:41 PM   #137
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Good progress. Hope its done for spring!

Funny thing, I always crack up when people (not you, just in general) say shit like "everybody in japan builds cars better than the US" Its like... no they hack shit up equally bad. Ever see the cars on YAJ? S-chassis scene is a bunch of hacks, world wide.
I am hoping it will be done by the end of spring. I'll be respraying the engine bay at least, same color/maybe with a pearl..

I agree, there are many many bad hacks out there for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wknd View Post
Just read through the whole thread and I'm seriously impressed and motivated to start working on my car right now. Good luck with the progress.
Thanks! good vibes for your build too!!!!!!

Onto some more progress!

Wiped off some dust and marked spot welds.

drill them out!

save that for later!

under the windshield sealant.

marked the seam, drilled (made a pilot hole/mark) with a smaller bit first.

next with the bigger drill bit...

finished scraping the glass off under the windshield, and finished seperating the seam with the chisel.

Also, flickr is limiting their free accounts starting jan.2019 with having a 1000 photo limit. so i'll have to find another way to share the pictures after I reach my limit..

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 12-17-2018 at 05:32 AM..
Old 11-10-2018, 12:42 PM   #138
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
IMGUR....still the way to go!
Old 11-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #139
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Does Imgur offer albums for storage or anything along those lines? That's part of what I really like about Flickr. I am going to run into the same issue but will probably pony up for their service since I don't want my entire build thread to die and don't want to spend the time to relink every image, lol.

Great progress as always- excited to see more Jimmy!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:34 AM   #140
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I signed up but im not sure what ill use. I'll probably just use flickr untl i run outta room. then decide if i wanna spend the money....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Does Imgur offer albums for storage or anything along those lines? That's part of what I really like about Flickr. I am going to run into the same issue but will probably pony up for their service since I don't want my entire build thread to die and don't want to spend the time to relink every image, lol.

Great progress as always- excited to see more Jimmy!
Thanks Damon, much inspiration from your build over the years!!

UPDATES!!!

Had Burnsauto come over to hang out and helped drill out some more spot welds on the clip.

Had to use my air drill to get these since they were in between the frame rail and seam.

bottom and lower cowl out together.

saved the good frame rail for burns auto and his project.

all together.

NEXT!!!!

Old 12-03-2018, 09:53 AM   #141
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

Whitehall White Castle represent!

Loved the transformation. Just read this in one sitting

Also, that's my bud's white 200sx in the pic of the 1st gen RX7 at cars and coffee. I'm in the Lehigh Valley but I frequent drift events much more than shows. I remember your car from Carlisle 2017 as well. Good stuff.
Thursday7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #142
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Whitehall White Castle represent!

Loved the transformation. Just read this in one sitting

Also, that's my bud's white 200sx in the pic of the 1st gen RX7 at cars and coffee. I'm in the Lehigh Valley but I frequent drift events much more than shows. I remember your car from Carlisle 2017 as well. Good stuff.
Yeah!!! now every time we go that way we plan a stop to grab food!!! I did talk to him briefly about that car! Its a European imported car. Pretty sweet looking and in really nice shape to boot!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been working on this a couple hours a day on the weekends, cutting the car apart, since the clip is all done.

After trimming, grinding, flap disc, and cleaning it. I sprayed it with some weld-through primer to aid in prolonging the life of the metal as i re-assemble the new firewall to the car.

After that, I had to cut the lower section of the new firewall in half as it wouldn't slip in on the edges under the top frame sections. *i saw this method in another thread and it seemed to work out just fine* i chose this way as i didnt notice any movement in the frame from measuring it before/after. I also flap disc'd the edges for welding.

I was not doing this job with a TIG welder, so I treated myself to an early B-day/Christmas gift...

Eastwood MIG 135

After fitting it in, trimming little by little till it fit, i held it in place with some sheet metal self tappers to hold the metal clamped together. There were sections that didn't clean up too well and it shows in the areas where i spot welded it. Although, having the gas this time around helped ALOT with less spatter and somewhat cleaner welds and whatnot, More so than that Lincoln flux core i used when building my tubs and tube front.

next was the lower rain pan/cowl pan. when fitting it so the rest of the car will bolt up, you'll need to install the dash bar to the mount and the side plates.

After the lower section is bolted to the dash bar, I put the top cowl piece on, bolting it down where the hood hinges are installed *holes line up* and since I drilled through a couple spots on the seam when it was dissassembled i used a few punches in them and vice grips to clamp it all together at the windshield areas.

Once its all welded all that was left was the seam in the middle of the firewall.

I made a backing plate to reinforce the seam on the sides and welded it in place.

Last thing i did was start grinding all the welds and will be prepping for rust/rot protection. I will be sealing around all the welds, where any pieces meet ect ect. i really wont skimp on that part and want to try and get into the smallest of spaces.

Once it was all together i fitted the heater-core box and it still fit on the mounting brackets despite the small gap after cutting/welding the firewall back together.

-Jimmy

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 12-17-2018 at 05:38 AM..
Old 12-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #143
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Very awesome work. Making it look so easy, and proper.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #144
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Awesome progress- nice job!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #145
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Great work my man! You've made some serious progress on this thing!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #146
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I've been following you on GarageJournal.com and I love the work you put in. Can't wait to see this on the road!
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:37 PM   #147
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Man you're doing a great job bro. When I did my RHD conversion years ago there wasn't much info and I just went for it. You'll learn real quick how the usdm and jdm wiring is so similar. I did exactly what you did and I flipped my usdm body harness upside down. Here's a tip...when you're doing the wiring for the turn signals the only thing I did was I matched all the wires to the jdm turn signals steering column controls. The thing is when you wire the turn signals that way color for color your turn signal indicators will contradict eachother lol. If I remember correctly when you turn the turn signal switch to the left your cluster indicator will blink right but the signal lights will blink correctly. Then when you switch to the turn signal to the right it'll make the cluster indicator blink left, but again the signal lights will blink correctly.

Here's the trick! Everyone is going to think you have to extend the turn signal wires from the right side to the left and vice versa. Honestly, that's to much damn work. When I did mine the only thing I did was switch the turn signal wires at the gauge cluster. Sounds way to simple right? Well in all seriousness that's all that needed to be done because everything works from the cluster. If I remember correctly the LH turn signal wire color is Green/black and the RH turn signal wire color is Green/Yellow. What I did was unpin those two wires and then switch them around. So the Green/black goes into the Green/yellow's spot and the Green/yellow goes into the Green/black's spot. You'll find these wires in the Center White plug that goes into the cluster. After I did that everything worked perfectly. You can reference cluster wiring colors with the NX1600 cluster swap wiring diagram. Lots of information there for 240sx cluster wire colors.

This thread brought back a ton of memories! If you have any questions at all let me know bro.
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:18 AM   #148
Stoil

Stoil is an unknown quantity at this point
Were the tubs and front tube originally done with flux core?
Stoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:50 AM   #149
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoil View Post
Were the tubs and front tube originally done with flux core?
Quote:

After fitting it in, trimming little by little till it fit, i held it in place with some sheet metal self tappers to hold the metal clamped together. There were sections that didn't clean up too well and it shows in the areas where i spot welded it. Although, having the gas this time around helped ALOT with less spatter and somewhat cleaner welds and whatnot, More so than that Lincoln flux core i used when building my tubs and tube front.
...Or you could have read the last page
Old 12-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #150
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
looking good! my roommate has a eastwood 250 and its great for what he got it for. we recently braced my IS subframe with it. something about doing stuff like this yourself is so satisfying.

cant wait to see more!
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote