Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-23-2020, 05:25 PM   #23491
shobotan

Trader Rating: (0)
shobotan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is the interior floor carpet the same fit for s14 and S13 hatch?
Old 10-23-2020, 07:11 PM   #23492
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shobotan View Post
Is the interior floor carpet the same fit for s14 and S13 hatch?
Not even close
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #23493
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Figured it out........

Last edited by coupesallday!; 10-27-2020 at 12:17 PM..
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 04:00 PM   #23494
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Double post.....
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:56 PM   #23495
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
It is listed weird. A distributor on eBay actually showed me his distribution list and it lists the dryer I bought for the 97?s. Though clearly not.

I doubt I would be able to drill it right. Anyone got the correct drier? 97 de factory manual w/sunroof
The correct OEM 97-98 A/C drier part #92131-6P160
I found the website that also supplies Rockauto.
https://www.uacparts.com/legacy/Sear...rs-NISSAN.html
Hopefully the pics are accurate so you can see which incorrect part you keep getting.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #23496
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Not even close
Uh s14 carpet fits decently in s13 i've done it before.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:22 PM   #23497
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Uh s14 carpet fits decently in s13 i've done it before.
S13 wont fit s14...its to small on the edges....

Unless u want a shitty looking interior..
Old 10-27-2020, 05:56 AM   #23498
Rivey123

Rivey123 is an unknown quantity at this point
So does anyone know where to find the actual connector to the brake fluid reservoir sensor mines melted and I cant seem to find it (s13)
Rivey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:11 AM   #23499
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The correct OEM 97-98 A/C drier part #92131-6P160
I found the website that also supplies Rockauto.
https://www.uacparts.com/legacy/Sear...rs-NISSAN.html
Hopefully the pics are accurate so you can see which incorrect part you keep getting.
Dude thanks a bunch!!!
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:58 AM   #23500
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivey123 View Post
So does anyone know where to find the actual connector to the brake fluid reservoir sensor mines melted and I cant seem to find it (s13)
just to clear it up, are you looking for where the pigtail exists on the chassis harness, or are you looking for a replacement pigtail..?
Old 10-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #23501
Rivey123

Rivey123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
just to clear it up, are you looking for where the pigtail exists on the chassis harness, or are you looking for a replacement pigtail..?
I'm looking for a replacement
Rivey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:25 PM   #23502
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivey123 View Post
I'm looking for a replacement
head over to www.wiringspecialties.com

Here's there connector selection , https://www.wiringspecialties.com/chco1.html

If they don't have it listed, you can always send them a message, they may be able to help you out.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #23503
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Do 2008-2015 STi rear Brembos fit with an adaptor?
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:54 AM   #23504
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Does anyone know of a aftermarket hub that allows the s14 to retain clock spring/horn? I want something to bolt my quick release too, not a direct mount huh like boss. Works bell? Circuit sports?
Old 11-01-2020, 11:11 AM   #23505
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Does anyone know of a aftermarket hub that allows the s14 to retain clock spring/horn? I want something to bolt my quick release too, not a direct mount huh like boss. Works bell? Circuit sports?
HKB boss kit.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:32 PM   #23506
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Xaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, i have a electrical issue, and need the wiring.
I saw is a S13 Full HD version ( huge pdf) with all connection and stuff, but is a old links and all downs
I have registered in 6 webs and no one have i ( damn clickbait)

Anyone perhaps have it?
Xaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #23507
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Xaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, i have a electrical issue, and need the wiring.
I saw is a S13 Full HD version ( huge pdf) with all connection and stuff, but is a old links and all downs
I have registered in 6 webs and no one have i ( damn clickbait)

Anyone perhaps have it?

like this but in pdf or good res.

Xaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:30 PM   #23508
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Hi gang,
Ive been troubleshooting an intermittent misfire issue on my S14 SR, and wanted to ask for some guidance. The issue is on cylinder 3 and I have determined the coilpack, spark plug and injector to be fine by swapping components between cylinders.

One additional check Ill be performing tmrw is visually verifying spark by taking the spark plug out and grounding it while cranking with no fuel pump.

Whats interesting is that when I crank the engine to start the SR runs on all 4 cylinders and after a couple seconds you can hear the cylinder drop out, and once in a while itll come back.

IF there is spark on that cylinder, could it be possible that something is wrong with cylinder 3 valvetrain components like rocker or shims or guide or lifter? If so, what could it be?
Old 11-04-2020, 10:45 PM   #23509
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Hi gang,
Ive been troubleshooting an intermittent misfire issue on my S14 SR, and wanted to ask for some guidance. The issue is on cylinder 3 and I have determined the coilpack, spark plug and injector to be fine by swapping components between cylinders.

One additional check Ill be performing tmrw is visually verifying spark by taking the spark plug out and grounding it while cranking with no fuel pump.

Whats interesting is that when I crank the engine to start the SR runs on all 4 cylinders and after a couple seconds you can hear the cylinder drop out, and once in a while itll come back.

IF there is spark on that cylinder, could it be possible that something is wrong with cylinder 3 valvetrain components like rocker or shims or guide or lifter? If so, what could it be?
first check compression
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:47 AM   #23510
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

@inopsey I forgot to mention that was the first thing I did. Tested all cylinders 3 times, and they all held up at 120 across. This hasn't changed since I last tested a year ago. Thanks for bringing that up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2020, 07:53 AM   #23511
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
did you upgrade to z33 coils and bypass the oem system or use the OEM/ISR igniter? how close were the compression numbers across all cylinders?
Old 11-05-2020, 08:01 AM   #23512
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

................ double
Old 11-05-2020, 08:19 AM   #23513
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Im still using the OEM igniter setup, if I determine the spark system crapped out Ill upgrade it with Z33 coils. Compression is 120 across, within 1-2 psi of each other.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #23514
S14rebuild
BANNED

Pull valve cover.....check for cracked valve springs...
Old 11-05-2020, 05:28 PM   #23515
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Pull valve cover.....check for cracked valve springs...
Spark checked out fine today, but Im down to the last wire here other than possibly a busted ignitor.

Pulling the cover Saturday and gonna poke around cylinder 3
Old 11-05-2020, 05:42 PM   #23516
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Hi gang,

How do you know it's on 3?
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:03 PM   #23517
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
How do you know it's on 3?
Username fits here
Old 11-05-2020, 07:06 PM   #23518
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Username fits here
Did he say? I must have missed it.

Or is there something wrong with inquiring about the source and content of the diagnostic data? That's usually a good direction when you want to diagnose something.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:02 PM   #23519
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Did he say? I must have missed it.

Or is there something wrong with inquiring about the source and content of the diagnostic data? That's usually a good direction when you want to diagnose something.
I swapped coil packs and spark plugs between cylinders 2 and 3, replaced injector 3 with another flow-tested one with new o-rings, and problem stayed at 3. Id say normal process of elimination
Old 11-05-2020, 08:21 PM   #23520
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I swapped coil packs and spark plugs between cylinders 2 and 3, replaced injector 3 with another flow-tested one with new o-rings, and problem stayed at 3. Id say normal process of elimination
I'm asking how you know it's three, not what you did to move it.