Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
Slows14kouki

Trader Rating: (0)
Slows14kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 NO FUEL!!! HELP!!!

Ok guys n gals,
Yes I am a noobie, I have searched the internet and forums for this issue and still haven't found my answer..

First off, I have a 1998 kouki auto to manual swap,s14 sr20det
Here is the problem, now for some reason i just looked into the kick panel fuse box and found out that i have a 10amp fuse missing from the Starter sign. Before there was any fuse in it, it would start up, I'm guessing it is for the stock alarm or auto ecu of some sort but moving on. I plugged the 10 fuse in and took the car around the block so right before i had turned i lost fuel and then stalled.. pushed the car back to parking lot and realized my fuel pump was not pumping, I then pulled that same 10 amp fuse from the starter signal tried cranking it..No fuel comming through

Here is where I started to diagnose it

I proceeded to check the relay and it checked out fine
I then checked fuel pump, pulled it out and tested it on my battery, the walbro was fine also

I have read that it could be my ecu if i had fried it from the 10 amp fuse but before the stall no smoke was comming from the ecu or the ecu smelling like it fried.

so here is where i am lost PLEASE HELP!!!!

I am going to check my wire to the relay n see if i get volts? or is it ground anyways that, and i am going to check ground and power to the pump from relay...other than that i am dumbfounded....One more thing... i heard that it can be my fuel filter that is clogged too or am i wrong?? Please help Zilvia guys I want my car to run!!!
Slows14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Pull that 10a fuse out that the car was fine without until you determine what it was originally... Could have been there for AT stuff; but I don't know... Check your fuel pump fuse in the engine bay fuse box. See if it's blown. There are two kinds of Walbro 255s. One, the 'hp' uses less amperage than the standard Walbro 255... http://www.autoperformanceengineerin...l/fpspecs.html
Old 08-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Slows14kouki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Pull that 10a fuse out that the car was fine without until you determine what it was originally... Could have been there for AT stuff; but I don't know... Check your fuel pump fuse in the engine bay fuse box. See if it's blown. There are two kinds of Walbro 255s. One, the 'hp' uses less amperage than the standard Walbro 255... http://www.autoperformanceengineerin...l/fpspecs.html
I pulled it out tried n still no fuel(the 10 from the kick panel)...I looked at the fuse in the engine bay.. (egi) and it is not blown too..im fckn lost
Old 08-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Slows14kouki

K sound out my ecu is getting no power..idk wth..I had a probe n connected it to the power supply where the ecu power pin is and it lit up ...it shouldnt..still trying to figure out where it would short or have a badd connection to ground
Old 09-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Diehardsr20

Diehardsr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not familiar with the s14 but your ecu gets power from your body harness connector. Might start there?

What makes you think your ecu isn't getting power if your test light lit up?
Diehardsr20 is offline   Reply With Quote