Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:29 PM   #1621
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Supposedly every 2020 C8 to be made already has a deposit on it.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...-be-spoken-for
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #1622
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Deposits gives you first crack at the car - not at a price. Been in a dealership environment when things like the EVO X was released after a few years of hiatus, we took in deposits. That didn't mean you got window sticker price but just meant that there was a list of people that would be called in such order and given the opportunity to buy it. If they pass, their name was crossed off and the next person was given the opportunity. Not saying that Chevrolet dealers are different but being a vehicle upfitter and having a pool of domestic trucks, I have tight relationships with dealerships that have owners on the board of directors for both Chevrolet and Ford local to me. They said the offers they have to have one in the first wave are ridiculous. If you can find a dealership willing to sell you one at sticker price right off the rip, I'd sell all your shit and buy one because you can turn around and sell it for double instantly. I promise. Mark my words, dead ass forum. Mark my words.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #1623
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Deposits gives you first crack at the car - not at a price.
True. I can only imagine how many people will back out when an $80k+ price tag is offered to them when they're expecting a $60k-ish base model C8.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:12 AM   #1624
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
I am expecting at least $30,000 on top of the sticker. They won't be able to produce enough compared to the demand. The avid collectors will get the and the average Joe will have to wait a year or two until all the people who are going to hide them in a barn forever get theirs.

I'm okay with getting one either second hand or a year or two after launch. The bugs will be worked out and I can enjoy it issue free. Pretty glad I unloaded my two higher end toys a few years ago in preparation of investing that into something different. The C8 may just be it.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:08 AM   #1625
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
circa ~2003:

anyway we can turn this into the forums cover photo or something?
Old 08-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #1626
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^ not one Z-chassis in photo..so no?

Last edited by S14rebuild; 08-11-2019 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Typo
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #1627
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
anyway we can turn this into the forums cover photo or something?
It’s incredible how easy it was for us in the scene for a while to have taken that time period for granted. When I bought my first s-chassis, probably 200+ in a 50 mile radius on autotrader. Not a single one had a mismatched panel. The majority were stock. I paid $2500 for my first hatch. 100K miles. Still totally stock. Wish I had that car back.

Meets would get 50+ deep. Most were at least clean.

It was a solid time. Nostalgia.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #1628
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
My 240's always had mismatched panels. Just passed 15 years of ownership. Good paint costs good money, and that good money was always supposed to go to track days and mods before paint.

I spent four hours at the junk yard yesterday pulling a subframe. I thought it would be kinda fun and nostalgic, but instead it was just hot and dusty.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #1629
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Im a junkyard junkie myself. Look for excuses to go haha. About the same age as you. Texas heat. It's a good workout. Walk for miles and find crazy deals. Soaked by the time i leave. Going with a hangover is the worst xD
Old 08-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #1630
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
My 240's always had mismatched panels. Just passed 15 years of ownership. Good paint costs good money, and that good money was always supposed to go to track days and mods before paint.

I spent four hours at the junk yard yesterday pulling a subframe. I thought it would be kinda fun and nostalgic, but instead it was just hot and dusty.
Quote:
Im a junkyard junkie myself. Look for excuses to go haha. About the same age as you. Texas heat. It's a good workout. Walk for miles and find crazy deals. Soaked by the time i leave. Going with a hangover is the worst xD
Being in the Midwest, it's been almost 10 years since I've seen a 240sx in any of the area yards.

There is nothing left from the 90's except GM 3800s and the Ford Taurus.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #1631
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Im a junkyard junkie myself. Look for excuses to go haha. xD
I remember those days... it really made you appreciate your ride again.haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Being in the Midwest, it's been almost 10 years since I've seen a 240sx in any of the area yards.
For the hell of it, this made me search the local yards here in Cali... Slim pickin' here too.(S14 that is)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #1632
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
funny thing is all of those cars look better than most craigslist ad s-chassis for 4k.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:14 PM   #1633
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

There is nothing left from the 90's except GM 3800s and the Ford Taurus.
they've become rare around here too. I have two local self-service yards I frequent, huge yards. There are only two hatches at one of them atm. They're both pretty much stripped now. Right now I have a project aw11, an s13 I just got, and a mazda3 I just finished today (starting to daily it tomorrow), so I hit the yards for more than just 240s.
But yeah, gone are the days when they had 6-8 240s at a single yard. You could find clean interiors with uncracked dashes, piggy lips, manual swaps, clean panels, etc etc. I remember they even had supercharged aw11s. Now even na aw11's are rare...
We still have plenty of 90's thou, even some 80's. Just a few days ago I scored some maxima blue mirrors for the 240
Got a good deal on some wheels and nearly new tires for the mazda from a private seller. Needed "tuner" lug nuts for them. Junkyard has lots of them and I have the keys. And, well, you know, since nuts and bolts in the tool bag are never a problem...
Old 08-12-2019, 06:44 AM   #1634
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

I guess it's a good thing I've hoarded all that shit in a storage box awaiting shit like this. Once Tokyo Drift came out, I started stockpiling knowing this day would come. I can't even begin to tell you what I've sold the sunroof covers for lately.

And people ask how I've owned the types of cars I've owned - this is how.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:44 AM   #1635
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
That white convertible (2243) [240sx] posted was the donor. Zero rust, was just a fairly-well-maintained older car before the junkyard dogs got to it.

No good deals to be had at an LKQ junkyard, although the amount of hardware one can leave with, even if you tell them about it, is ridiculous.

I watched all of the Driftworks 1-3 series on YouTube with my brother this weekend. They're responsible for my dislike of modern corporate drifting, the reason why I still think Koguchi's the man, the reason why I want to build an IS300, etc. Nostalgic as hell.

I don't remember my S13 having mass dampers on the RUCA adjustment bolts. Was that a '93 thing or was my car weird?
Old 08-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #1636
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
...so stickdiljoe just posted a huge article about stuff and things...go read it.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #1637
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...so stickdiljoe just posted a huge article about stuff and things...go read it.
Everything I've been saying for i can't remember how long.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:27 AM   #1638
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Meh. No duh he's going to get sick of everything if he's constantly on social media, going to every meet because he has to to justify clicks for his youtube channel/blog, traveling to all the trash wekfest events because he has to, etc.

Dude is like 40 and has spent his entire adult life with it devoted to cars.

As wack as all of this 'building a brand' shit can be, it can be ignored. Don't want to see it? Don't follow it on Instagram. Don't watch the videos on YouTube. Don't go to Wekfest, one of the epicenters for that exact type of 'enthusiast.'

There are still A LOT of people building exactly the cars he likes and going to car things....just to hang out and see like-minded friends.

That just feels like an old man yelling at a cloud.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:51 PM   #1639
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

There are a lot of people building bitchin' cars.

And a lot of people building cookie-cutter cars.

The cookie-cutter cars typically have a larger audience, which means more people will build cookie-cutter cars because they're all people have been exposed to.

There is more of an epidemic of fake parts than ever before. Thanks AliExpress and Cosmis, you can eat my shorts.

I'd rather go to a curated show than a non-curated show at this point. There's merit in being particular. I had respect for Luftgekult until they let that piece-of-shit tracked 911 Targa into Luft 6 and I realized they're also in it for the likes.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #1640
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
double post - wont let me delete! what gives.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:16 PM   #1641
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
That just feels like an old man yelling at a cloud.

Isn't that the point of this thread?

Quote:
There are a lot of people building bitchin' cars.

And a lot of people building cookie-cutter cars.

The cookie-cutter cars typically have a larger audience, which means more people will build cookie-cutter cars because they're all people have been exposed to.

There is more of an epidemic of fake parts than ever before. Thanks AliExpress and Cosmis, you can eat my shorts.

I'd rather go to a curated show than a non-curated show at this point. There's merit in being particular. I had respect for Luftgekult until they let that piece-of-shit tracked 911 Targa into Luft 6 and I realized they're also in it for the likes.
which one? I missed it.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:18 AM   #1642
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
Everything I've been saying for i can't remember how long.
I agree with a lot of things said, but it feels like this as well:

Old 08-15-2019, 08:02 AM   #1643
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Who? Link?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #1644
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
which one? I missed it.
The tracked Porsche? I'm not going to give it any more fame, at least until it doesn't look like a pile of smashed assholes.

Tuzzio, stickydiljoe.com . First story.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:44 AM   #1645
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Tuzzio, stickydiljoe.com . First story.
From the article:
Quote:
Too many events, too many car enthusiasts, people trying to do too much, too many people trying to be a ‘brand’…
from the same site:

This is dead nuts on point:
Quote:
I agree with a lot of things said, but it feels like this as well:

Old 08-15-2019, 10:17 AM   #1646
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Whoa whoa whoa.

First, you have a 'vert.

Second, this dude has been on the scene for a long, long time and his builds were always name-brand-heavy and clean. He takes pictures and covers shows and Japanese events/shops so you don't have to go. He's providing a service for which he should be paid and has created a brand based on that service. He's not some IG famewhore with bullet lugnuts posting pics of his vape clouds in front of a beat-ass S-chassis wrapped with the newest flavor-of-the-week color trying to sell rip-off vaporwave-inspired tees to a group of knockoff-Supreme-wearing hypebeast punkasses listening to Lil Nas X while nursing a Xanax addiction.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:42 AM   #1647
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
No, the Spiderman pointing at Spiderman meme still 100% applies to this.

Wekfest is just a place for dorks who want to be brands, to get some recognition & spread their garbage brand.

Source: I showed at Wekfest Chicago in 2018, it was 90% that garbage.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #1648
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Wekfest is just a place for dorks who want to be brands, to get some recognition & spread their garbage brand.

Source: I showed at Wekfest Chicago in 2018, it was 90% that garbage.
i cant believe i am saying this, but i actually agree with you. its even pretty obvious when you see the videos, you dont have to be there in person.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:28 AM   #1649
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Wekfest is a bunch of hip pussies with bagged out VW that are all the same shit with Merc/Porsche wheels that are just different colors. Wolfsgart, H20 and all the other shit shows fall into the same category. Never has anyone been like, 'hey. I'm trying to get this Wekfest build done in time' like they do with SEMA. That genre of car building - even me being a car enthusiast - is fucking trash. I'd rather build a Honda than some VW. I'd spend a lot less time polishing my hard air lines, too.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #1650
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa.

First, you have a 'vert.

Second, this dude has been on the scene for a long, long time and his builds were always name-brand-heavy and clean. He takes pictures and covers shows and Japanese events/shops so you don't have to go. He's providing a service for which he should be paid and has created a brand based on that service. He's not some IG famewhore with bullet lugnuts posting pics of his vape clouds in front of a beat-ass S-chassis wrapped with the newest flavor-of-the-week color trying to sell rip-off vaporwave-inspired tees to a group of knockoff-Supreme-wearing hypebeast punkasses listening to Lil Nas X while nursing a Xanax addiction.
K.