Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 12-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
jdflyer

Trader Rating: (0)
jdflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Machinist Nicked Block

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of building an VVL conversion on an S14 block, however my machinist nicked the block. They have been searching for a new S14 block (I don't know how hard) but have been unable to find one.

He want's to replace the block with an S13 that he has in stock, are there any issues (aside from the water pump) that I should be aware of?

Thanks
jdflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Different oil ports which need to be blocked off (vct). But apart from that (and water pump), the conversion process if the same

Which part of the block did he nick??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #3
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Sounds like their problem, not yours. Tell them to buy a whole fucking long block if they need to. They aren't interchangeable.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
Sounds like their problem, not yours. Tell them to buy a whole fucking long block if they need to. They aren't interchangeable.
As he is doing a VVL conversion, it really doesn't matter and for all intents and purposes, they are "interchangeable" in this sense apart from what is stated above.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #5
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
Id go with this.....

Pics of said damage
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:25 PM   #6
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
f@&*$& machine shop strikes again

I have a feeling you are better off waiting for it to be built, for many years.

Then actually trying to run whatever they hand you
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #7
jdflyer

Trader Rating: (0)
jdflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In their defense, I think they are trying to fix an honest mistake and do the right thing. But it is their error and I have asked to have the damaged item replaced with the same. I still plan to let them do the head.
jdflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:20 AM   #8
sr vegas 240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
sr vegas 240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Um they havent searched hard enough because i am selling s14 block .20 bored hit me up
sr vegas 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:52 AM   #9
240msh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^lol forreal I got a s14 sr block too stock bore
Old 12-20-2019, 01:53 PM   #10
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
rofl striking while the irons hot!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote