Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-21-2020, 10:43 PM   #1
libz

Trader Rating: (0)
libz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto 240 swap?

Edit: got my answer, please close or delete. Thanks

Last edited by libz; 04-22-2020 at 01:47 PM..
libz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2020, 11:07 PM   #2
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Don't look at 240s, the whole scene is about clutches.

Are you having a shop do it? A friend do it? Yourself, to whatever degree possible?

I'd say talk to a real auto tranny guy. There's manual valve bodies, push button shifting, probably lots more that I don't know. Tell them you want an auto that will bang gears and last on a hotrodded LS, and once you've got the drivetrain together let the tranny mount be the problem of whoever's stabbing it.

I wouldn't mess with an auto that originally came on an import cylinder. Plenty are great for driving as hard as you want without going sideways, but the toughness and support you want is going to be for GM, I'd wager. You could put a hand throttle on any 4 cylinder and mush it slightly sideways, but I don't think that's what you're asking. I don't think any SR that has the power to be exciting as an auto drift car wouldn't immediately lunch a 240 auto.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:17 PM   #3
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/8/...y-july-10-2019

^^check that out

his IG - chairslayer
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:34 PM   #4
libz

I would pay a shop to do it. My mind just immediately went to 240 as it was probably one of the most fun cars I?ve ever owned. I?m up to suggestions about other cars in the price range that you think would hold up though. Sadly I?ve been out of the scene for over 6 years and don?t know prices or anything these days. I was hoping I could somehow just put an auto LS tranny in there somehow but I’d imagine everything would have to be custom. Racks, drive shaft etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Don't look at 240s, the whole scene is about clutches.

Are you having a shop do it? A friend do it? Yourself, to whatever degree possible?

I'd say talk to a real auto tranny guy. There's manual valve bodies, push button shifting, probably lots more that I don't know. Tell them you want an auto that will bang gears and last on a hotrodded LS, and once you've got the drivetrain together let the tranny mount be the problem of whoever's stabbing it.

I wouldn't mess with an auto that originally came on an import cylinder. Plenty are great for driving as hard as you want without going sideways, but the toughness and support you want is going to be for GM, I'd wager. You could put a hand throttle on any 4 cylinder and mush it slightly sideways, but I don't think that's what you're asking. I don't think any SR that has the power to be exciting as an auto drift car wouldn't immediately lunch a 240 auto.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:38 PM   #5
libz

This is awesome, thanks a lot, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KA View Post
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/8/...y-july-10-2019

^^check that out

his IG - chairslayer
Old 04-22-2020, 11:27 AM   #6
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by libz View Post
I would pay a shop to do it. My mind just immediately went to 240 as it was probably one of the most fun cars I?ve ever owned. I?m up to suggestions about other cars in the price range that you think would hold up though. Sadly I?ve been out of the scene for over 6 years and don?t know prices or anything these days. I was hoping I could somehow just put an auto LS tranny in there somehow but I?d imagine everything would have to be custom. Racks, drive shaft etc
Oh I didn't mean don't do a 240, I just mean take a 240 to people who understand performance cars, not..... you know, some 240 clown shop.

For the most part, people into these cars know about two tricks, and a clutch is one of them.

I'm just saying, find an open-minded performance shop - if they flinch at the thought of an automatic, they suck at cars. But don't just say you want an auto and let them take off on it, make sure you get with someone who builds performance autos and see what all they can do, and if needbe, get them linked up, or whatever.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote