Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
nexgenskydiver

Trader Rating: (0)
nexgenskydiver is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Getting S15 Street Legal in Florida

I have a Nissan S15 that I would like to bring to the states here in Florida and I was curious what all I would need to do to make it possible to make my car street legal. Any help would be great! Thanks
nexgenskydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
It will never be federally legal, Officer.

We here on this website understand this fact, and would not even begin to imagine telling someone how to attempt something illegal.

Thanks you for this security check. Feel free to report back to the other detectives that this is not the place that supports the illegal importation of foreign vehicles.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
To make it street legal you have to break the law.
breaking the law is illegal.

So, it's impossible to make it legal.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Doesn't Florida not have state emissions laws? Pretty sure you can drive it legally at a state level in Florida.

Though if you want it 50 state legal (federally legal) it's simply not worth the amount of money you'd spend.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
Genovese.Jr
BANNED

Genovese.Jr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Doesn't Florida not have state emissions laws? Pretty sure you can drive it legally at a state level in Florida.

Though if you want it 50 state legal (federally legal) it's simply not worth the amount of money you'd spend.

yeah you can
Genovese.Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
It is Federally Illegal, thus it is ILLEGAL. Bottom line.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Every state has their own laws regarding smog and registration.
But federal laws supersede state laws when you leave your home state, therefore ThatGuy said all that could be said about the subject

There is no way to make a car that was never offered, or has an equivalent already in the united states 50 state legal.
So keep your S15 in FL or take it to Japan, Europe, or Austrailia where it was offered.

Good luck.

And Genovese.Jr has no idea know what hes talking about, how is he always banned from somewhere or pinked?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You can wait 15 more years to import it, and pray regulations don't change in that time.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #9
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
You can wait till its 15 years old and move to Canada and buy it and drive it there.
So if its a 98, In 2013 you can move to the great white north and drive your S15 around.

Its just like Florida, Except with bears. I swear exactly the same other than that.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 11-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
Genovese.Jr
BANNED

Genovese.Jr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Every state has their own laws regarding smog and registration.
But federal laws supersede state laws when you leave your home state, therefore ThatGuy said all that could be said about the subject

There is no way to make a car that was never offered, or has an equivalent already in the united states 50 state legal.
So keep your S15 in FL or take it to Japan, Europe, or Austrailia where it was offered.

Good luck.

And Genovese.Jr has no idea know what hes talking about, how is he always banned from somewhere or pinked?
um i do so go fuck youreself i have a house in tampa been there and out since i was 2 youre a dumb ass y do you think evry car in the world is eather in tampa or miami because its legal by the state and the goverment obviousley donsnt give a fuck because they never come and take peoples cars in florida like cali and also saying florida and canada are the same except for bears youre a fucking retard
Genovese.Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:04 AM   #11
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genovese.Jr View Post
and also saying florida and canada are the same except for bears youre a fucking retard
I think I can see who the retard is here.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:57 AM   #12
negrosx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
negrosx13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to negrosx13
breaking the law is big a NOO NOO but there loop holes in the system
buy as a shell,or be really to break your bank
Old 11-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
I think I can see who the retard is here.
Exactly my point
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 11-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post

We here on this website understand this fact, and would not even begin to imagine telling someone how to attempt something illegal.

Thanks you for this security check. Feel free to report back to the other detectives that this is not the place that supports the illegal importation of foreign vehicles.
well said sir!
Florida abolished emissions in July 2000 i believe. i looked that up before i moved here.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genovese.Jr View Post
um i do so go fuck youreself i have a house in tampa been there and out since i was 2 youre a dumb ass y do you think evry car in the world is eather in tampa or miami because its legal by the state and the goverment obviousley donsnt give a fuck because they never come and take peoples cars in florida like cali and also saying florida and canada are the same except for bears youre a fucking retard
Have you ever heard of grammer? I can barely tell what you typed because every word is one letter short and it's all one huge sentence. My god download firefox it has a built in spellcheck for people like you.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #16
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataXUnknown View Post
Have you ever heard of grammer? I can barely tell what you typed because every word is one letter short and it's all one huge sentence. My god download firefox it has a built in spellcheck for people like you.
Grammar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 AM   #17
AE_Racer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AE_Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Umm doesn't that guy know there IS bears in FL? Lol
Old 12-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #18
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE_Racer View Post
Umm doesn't that guy know there ARE bears in FL? Lol
i find it incredibly funny when people attempt to correct someone and have simple errors in their own statements. i love the interwebs
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #19
240sxxs
Zilvia Member

240sxxs is an unknown quantity at this point
god.this thread make me laugh so hard..grammer = grammar , there is bears = there are bears.LoL..i rather just purchase the car as a shell and go from there , cause i already own an s14 with s15 motor and drive train , underbody , and much more
Old 12-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #20
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
It is Federally Illegal, thus it is ILLEGAL. Bottom line.
Doesn't matter if the car is smog exempt in the state it's imported in, the car is federally illegal and those cars are currently being seized by the government and crushed. This ranges from nissans, to exotics, to honda's to you call it.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:04 PM   #21
240sxxs
Zilvia Member

240sxxs is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Doesn't matter if the car is smog exempt in the state it's imported in, the car is federally illegal and those cars are currently being seized by the government and crushed. This ranges from nissans, to exotics, to honda's to you call it.

not in FL , VA , AZ , NV
Old 12-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #22
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
EVERYTHING you need to know:

Google

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #23
vtund777
Zilvia Member

vtund777 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to vtund777
Quote:

Nice job. the person only got to post once...haha.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #24
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
owned. owned. owned.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #25
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What I dont understand is how ppl actually own and drive there s15's, skylines, and real Silvia's on the streets with proper paper work and vin's but yet ppl say its still illegal.

ThatGuy said it is Federally Illegal. So does that mean the state is braking the federal law by giving ppl vin's and making a title???
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #26
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Loopholes, vin swapping, and money.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #27
TheDatsunKid

TheDatsunKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Motorex USED to be able to import cars they specialized in mainly Skylines but then they got cheap and lazy and started half assing the safety upgrades and the Federalies found out and are now seizing those vehicles as well as the ones illegally imported into the states.
TheDatsunKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #28
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDatsunKid View Post
Motorex USED to be able to import cars they specialized in mainly Skylines but then they got cheap and lazy and started half assing the safety upgrades and the Federalies found out and are now seizing those vehicles as well as the ones illegally imported into the states.
this is partially true. motorex faked crash test data to make their cars appear to pass u.s. crash testing. thats what got them in hot water.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #29
AE_Racer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AE_Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzy204 View Post
i find it incredibly funny when people attempt to correct someone and have simple errors in their own statements. i love the interwebs
I corrected him on a fact, you corrected me on grammar, which yours is full of as well. Crawl back into your hole. kthxbye
Old 12-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #30
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
this is partially true. motorex faked crash test data to make their cars appear to pass u.s. crash testing. thats what got them in hot water.

This is partially true as well. LOL Motorex actually did crash tests on R33 GTST's because they were one of the least expensive Skylines to crash test. These cars actually did pass crash tests. What they did though was they bamboozled the DOT into thinking that the R32 GTST's and GTR as well as the R34 GTST's and GTR's were the exact same chassis. So therefor did not need to be crash tested. This is were paperwork was fudged.

At first they followed the letter of the law putting in the crash bars and whatnot. What happened though was the DOT got wind they were no longer even doing that . At which point they raided MotoRex and started opening the doors of cars that were already supposedly ready for sale. I.E. crash bars installed and whatnot.

They found they were not and that was that. Any car sold by MotoRex before the DOT had any idea of them not following the letter of the law and getting caught though is exempt from confiscation. They are already titled in the U.S. and therefor Grandfathered in and safe.

Oh and DOT discovered and realized the 32 and 34 were different chassis's and excluded them from future legal importation.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote