Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:31 AM   #31
TurboB15sentra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
TurboB15sentra is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurboB15sentra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff240sx
Oh my god. I didn't just read this shit on Tampa Racing. Now that you're on my forum, the FAQ will not turn into a debate. Make a different thread if that's what gets your rocks off.
Scott said there were only slight differences in a chip he'd ship out versus that ecu he dyno'd. 40hp is not "slight differences". 10-15.. maybe 20rwhp would be a margin of safety. 40rwhp gain over JWT is rediculous.
You brought up this camshaft design shit in TR too. Here, again, we're not talking about camshafts. Or who gives better blowjobs. Or who has the darker eyes. Wow. He can design a cam. But apparently can't or won't tune an ecu for power. 10.5:1 from the JWT ecu I got can be construed as "Safe Tuning." To me it's a waste. A waste of gas, a waste of power, and a sheer waste of money. JWT has no customer support, and charges to retune. Scott is readily available, remembers who he's talking to (as opposed to my "Hey I have a problem." "Ok. Open the ECU and tell me the numbers." "Ok. I got the numbers.. 46xcx20dcxz." "Who are you?"), and doesn't *afaik* charge to retune. I don't care about how many ECUs they sell. Maybe they forgot what customer service is, or maybe it's just another case of "Bigger isn't better."
How about the use of a Cobra MAF? It's a ploy for JWT to make money imo. There is no reason to use a shitty MAF like a cobra, which a) is hard to make piping for, and b) maxes at 350hp. How do they get it past 350hp? By using a splitter in the ecu. When a z32 maf is great to 545hp, and the ecu reads true, why write programs and only sell the cobra maf? $$$.
So here we have price. Scott wins. Customer service. Scott wins. Power. Scott wins. Fuel economy. Scott wins. About the only thing JWT can be thanked for is pioneering this.
And in a year, if someone bothers to seek out and tally the blown motors attributed to Scott and JWT, I will bet $5 that the two ecus will be within 10% of eachother. Most people blow their motors due to a corner cut. Not the ecu program. So losing so much power, so much gas mileage to prevent only a handfull of ecu-related motor deaths is not worth it.
How about this. If JWT is great, why don't they come out with a 2nd program? One oriented towards power and economy rather than safety. I didn't half-ass my setup. I don't want a program written for those who do, and I want my 40rwhp back.
-Jeff
I'm sorry what I posted upsets you so much... I thought it was rather positive for Scott and JWT both. I am not "up JWT's ass".. matter of fact.. Scott is going to be tuning a few ECU's for me.. and helping tune a turbo Spec V for me as well. I am simply saying that the tuning ability of each of these people.. is great. If that upsets you so much.. then you need to have your head examined..

And you don't need to play "big bad moderator".. There's no need to disrespect me just because you have those powers. I didn't attack you.. or your credibility.. so I don't appreciate you doing it to me. It makes you look ignorant, honestly.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2004, 09:49 AM   #32
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Big bad moderator? Your lack of control (and others who kept up the arguement) sent Scotts harmless post down the shitter, and Scott locked it. I don't want this crapped up with bullshit until I get free time and can prune/add info.
I'm not upset, other than the fact I already brought this book-of-a-post up on Tamparacing, and it apparently didn't even make you think about it. You are simply posting the same stuff you had before. The only thing in my post that can be construed as "disrespect" is when I said "We aren't talking about camshafts.. or anything else. Simply ECU tuning here." Clark may be a great guy. That's well and fine. He may design badass cams. Hell, I'm running JWT cams and waiting for my cam gears. The cam gears could be a bit better, ala AEM with sliding adjustment, rather than tooth by tooth, but it's not a gigantic deal. What is, however, is the subject of the debate, and the 40hp gained by an ecu that "only has a couple changes over something I'd [Scott] would ship out." I feel that I provided enough first-hand knowledge and examples in my post. And since you're friends with Clark, why don't you ask him to make better tunes. Do you know how much money they would make by offering a "race tune" or something along those lines. Pick up 20hp, and still have a 20hp safety margin. Slightly more agressive timing. I understand that JWT was the first to write these programs. When the first SR swaps were being done, JWT KA ecu burn to the rescue. When the first turbos were blowing up KAs. JWT ecus to the rescue. But to have what seems to be a dinosaur of a program running these cars that are no longer shady-tree mechanic turbo kits. We now have 10 turbo kits. 3 or 4 equal length manifolds. Basic ways that are tried and true to make power. JWT could take a couple people's cars and write better programs. Put a warning on them that says "Should only be installed on well-working motors, not responsible for blown motors, ect" and sell them. If I didn't live in Tampa, and JWT came out with a new program, I'd be the first to pay $200 or $300 for a reburn that would net nearly 20hp.
I didn't mean to come out on the attack, and in my eyes, still don't see it that way. I was simply saying that this needs to be in a different thread if you'd like to debate the merits of JWT and Scott. And as you can see, I'm the first to debate someone.
-Jeff
Old 10-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #33
zey

zey is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to zey
Question

Hey wassup guys, still new to this engine stuff but not to the whole 240 scene. I was going with a ca18det but a buddy of mine made me realize that the ka has better torque. And don't we all love more torque. So I start doing my research on what would be needed to be done to get 300whp. From what I found, I understand that I would be good with rods, pistons, turbo, ecu, standalone, fuel pump, catch can, injectors, z32 maf, and some cams. Please let me know if I missed something. Now I was wondering which z32 maf. The turbo model? Again I don't know much about this! I know it's the upper. Upper, plenum, turbo? or Upper, plenum, exc. turbo? Pipe or no pipe? I did a search on http://www.car-parts.com and got different options which I don't know much of. I also don't know which pistons and rod are good. I found some nismo pistons and rods don't know if those would be the ones I need. I know which turbo to go with I believe it's a t3. I'm a little confused with the whole standalone thing. Sounds like the standalone is like a workaround the ecu, am I correct?

Please only reply with helpful tips!

Edit:
Just saw this post on standalone http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=63874
Old 10-05-2004, 01:32 PM   #34
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
very helpfull resource here http://ka-t.org/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/ especially since you're new to this stuff.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:07 PM   #35
TurboB15sentra
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Big bad moderator? Your lack of control (and others who kept up the arguement) sent Scotts harmless post down the shitter, and Scott locked it. I don't want this crapped up with bullshit until I get free time and can prune/add info.
I'm not upset, other than the fact I already brought this book-of-a-post up on Tamparacing, and it apparently didn't even make you think about it. You are simply posting the same stuff you had before. The only thing in my post that can be construed as "disrespect" is when I said "We aren't talking about camshafts.. or anything else. Simply ECU tuning here." Clark may be a great guy. That's well and fine. He may design badass cams. Hell, I'm running JWT cams and waiting for my cam gears. The cam gears could be a bit better, ala AEM with sliding adjustment, rather than tooth by tooth, but it's not a gigantic deal. What is, however, is the subject of the debate, and the 40hp gained by an ecu that "only has a couple changes over something I'd [Scott] would ship out." I feel that I provided enough first-hand knowledge and examples in my post. And since you're friends with Clark, why don't you ask him to make better tunes. Do you know how much money they would make by offering a "race tune" or something along those lines. Pick up 20hp, and still have a 20hp safety margin. Slightly more agressive timing. I understand that JWT was the first to write these programs. When the first SR swaps were being done, JWT KA ecu burn to the rescue. When the first turbos were blowing up KAs. JWT ecus to the rescue. But to have what seems to be a dinosaur of a program running these cars that are no longer shady-tree mechanic turbo kits. We now have 10 turbo kits. 3 or 4 equal length manifolds. Basic ways that are tried and true to make power. JWT could take a couple people's cars and write better programs. Put a warning on them that says "Should only be installed on well-working motors, not responsible for blown motors, ect" and sell them. If I didn't live in Tampa, and JWT came out with a new program, I'd be the first to pay $200 or $300 for a reburn that would net nearly 20hp.
I didn't mean to come out on the attack, and in my eyes, still don't see it that way. I was simply saying that this needs to be in a different thread if you'd like to debate the merits of JWT and Scott. And as you can see, I'm the first to debate someone.
-Jeff
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to anyone.. That was never my intent.. Go and read my post.. It's very neutral. Which is why I got upset about your post after what I posted. I wasn't trying to argue with anyone.. just having a discussion.

I agree, that JWT is very conservative. However, just keep in mind, that we are talking about 2 different flow meters.. which respond dramatically to bends in piping.. and airflow. The Cobra MAF is crappy.. I think the reason they chose to use it.. is because it's fairly cheap brand new.. Much cheaper than a Z32 MAF. However, they do have a Z32 MAF program out, and they push it hard.. versus the Cobra MAF program. Every car that I've ever used a Cobra MAF on.. sucked. It had idle issues, and lacked power. So, there may be some issue with that..

I talked to Clark about redoing some of the programs.. and he agrees. Matter of fact.. in the next few months, he will be using Kojima's turbo SE-R to redo the 50, 72 and test the 96lb program(s) out. I like thier 370cc 4-bar setup though.. bored out stock MAF sensor, with 58psi base pressure on the 370's. 300whp on 370's safely. That program does work realy well.. I realy do hope that they get these programs worked out.. I know for now.. I am letting Scott tune my ECU's for me.. 40whp is a lot..

Travis
Old 10-06-2004, 12:46 AM   #36
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Cool. Sounds like we're on the same level. Have them rewrite KA-T programs too, not just FWD SR
-Jeff
Old 10-06-2004, 02:10 AM   #37
TurboB15sentra
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Cool. Sounds like we're on the same level. Have them rewrite KA-T programs too, not just FWD SR
-Jeff
I'm sure we're very much alike... I honestly didn't mean anything bad.. I hardly ever start trouble on the net.. I do like to debate things though. Clark is just in over his head... He knows that some of these programs need to be addressed. They just can't get to it all.. I can honestly say that they work about 10-12 hours a day over there. It's hard to get ahold of Clark because he's always stuck behind a soldering iron or a computer screen. I can't even get to him unless it's afterhours. Sucks... and they have so much tallent/skill.. they just can't keep up. I know the feeling..

Travis
Old 10-06-2004, 10:53 AM   #38
AutoRnD
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoRnD
ok.. i have a decent question i suppose...
now i know the maf can be put after the turbo .. but how bad is it? and what would need to be changed? like i've seen on some of the is300 turbo kits.. they just put the maf in the charged pipe.. isnt it going to throw off the maf or will it become more precise?

Nardi, Enkei, Stance, AME Master Distributors for USA

Check Out Our Facebook!
AutoRnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 03:13 PM   #39
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Great question!
That's called blow-through maf, as opposed to pull-through like we all use. Pull-thru is when air is pulled by the motor, or the turbo. Blow through is only done on boosted engines.
These setups seem to be hit-or-miss as far as functionallity. In theory, if you setup a blow-thru and tuned it, it would work wonderfully. The main advantages of this type of MAF is that you can run open-atmosphere blow off valve without the instant-richness that is associated with a pull-through setup. This is because the air in a pull-thru is metered, compressed, and put in the intake piping. The BOV dumps it, but the motor is ready for all that air, and adds fuel. With a blow-thru, the air isn't metered until further down the charge pipes (the closer to the TB, the better to an extent), and bieng vented through the BOV won't affect the a/f ratios. Another advantage is that you can eliminate alot of intake piping and couplings associated with the pull-through maf infront of the turbo.
Disadvantages are making piping for a 80mm z32 or slightly larger cobra maf. The z32 maf I would expect to explode under pressure, because it's very thin, brittle plastic. The Cobra MAF is 3.5" inlet, and 3" outlet, which makes setting up the piping a bitch.
-Jeff
Old 10-08-2004, 01:44 AM   #40
Id-
Zilvia Member

Id- is an unknown quantity at this point
just something to add because it wasnt in this thread:

stock compression is 9.5:1 on the KA24DE motor, boost to 12-13psi is fine, but going to 15psi is doable but with good tuning, past that point is kinda dangerous on pumpgas...

92 Nissan 240sx base coupe
-clean KA24DE swapped in
-GTIR T28
-Big FMIC
-565cc STi Injectors w/ Z32 MAF
-J30 VLSD w/ subframe spacers
-RPS Max clutch
-3" turboback
-PLMS Daughterboard on modded ECU
Id- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 11:37 AM   #41
96twofourty
Zilvia Junkie

96twofourty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zey
Hey wassup guys, still new to this engine stuff but not to the whole 240 scene. I was going with a ca18det but a buddy of mine made me realize that the ka has better torque. And don't we all love more torque. So I start doing my research on what would be needed to be done to get 300whp. From what I found, I understand that I would be good with rods, pistons, turbo, ecu, standalone, fuel pump, catch can, injectors, z32 maf, and some cams. Please let me know if I missed something. Now I was wondering which z32 maf. The turbo model? Again I don't know much about this! I know it's the upper. Upper, plenum, turbo? or Upper, plenum, exc. turbo? Pipe or no pipe? I did a search on http://www.car-parts.com and got different options which I don't know much of. I also don't know which pistons and rod are good. I found some nismo pistons and rods don't know if those would be the ones I need. I know which turbo to go with I believe it's a t3. I'm a little confused with the whole standalone thing. Sounds like the standalone is like a workaround the ecu, am I correct?

Please only reply with helpful tips!

Edit:
Just saw this post on standalone http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=63874

you need to research more before even thinking about putting a turbo on your car. You cant get a ecu AND a standalone....and stay away from standalones until you have some tuning experience
96twofourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 10:16 PM   #42
woodysmom
Zilvia Junkie

woodysmom is an unknown quantity at this point
i was reading your stage information but wasn't sure whether stage 3 should require a build up.

i'll be running 50lb injectors/to4e turbo/z32 maf/enthalpy ecu - not sure whether my engine needs a build up for 10-12 psi. thanks
woodysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 09:43 PM   #43
zeek
Zilvia Member

zeek is an unknown quantity at this point
i too wonder if that is required or not
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:24 PM   #44
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Quote:
From some other guy:
stock compression is 9.5:1 on the KA24DE motor, boost to 12-13psi is fine, but going to 15psi is doable but with good tuning, past that point is kinda dangerous on pumpgas...
This is reasonable enough. A shop hit 401hp on a stock motor. TY hit 18psi and 360 (or so) wheel hp. Many people plug in a JWT ecu and boost to 12-15psi. And Scotts ecu > JWT.
-Jeff
Old 11-10-2004, 08:57 PM   #45
pr240sx
Zilvia Addict

pr240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
exhaust manifolds/turbo combos

I searched everywhere here on Zilvia and havent found this info.
I finally purchased a turbo (T3 from a volvo 740 AR 42 compressor and AR 63 exhaust) and now I am searching for manifolds

I just want to mount my turbo so I dont really care (dont know the advantages if any) if its top mount or bottom mount. Also I have read about all the SS auto crap manifolds and dont really want to throw my $$ away.
I checked with boost desings but their answers dont really tell me much about fitment.
The project is for a street driven car, no track use whatsoever, pump gas and a 7~10psi max (but looking more toward a max of 7 psi).
I plan to install 370cc injectors, walbro or 300zxTT fuel pump and tune them with either an SAFC or Emanage (even a Accel DFI or FAST computer)
Looking for a budget setup that tops 1500 or so.
What do you guys think?
thanks
193 DOHC soon to be turbo
pr240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:41 PM   #46
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

RevHard is proven. I have a buddy selling a used FMax manifold (and I'll lend my reputation to him).
And the SSA isn't bad from what I've seen. TNathe on here has the top mount, and no problems yet. The bottom mount has been redesigned and is supposed to be better.
-Jeff
Old 11-12-2004, 10:07 PM   #47
zeek
Zilvia Member

zeek is an unknown quantity at this point
also boostdesigns has a great manifold in the works check out ka-t.org for more info
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:34 PM   #48
pr240sx
Zilvia Addict

Ok everybody says to use a z32 MAF with a SAFC for proper tunning (at least I am going that way)
Checking on Ebay, ther is 2 models of Z32 MAF, one ending in N60 and the other one in N62

there is a difference between the two
Can I use any one, what settings are for each one
I saw the connector config on a post, but for what MAF is?
As for NA~soon to be turbo. Can I install a Z32 with SAFC before going turbo, test,tune in NA.

As for parts, I have
Volvo T3 turbo (will post pics later)
JGS top manifold

what fuel pump? walbro or z32?
Will get 370cc fuel injectors (will Sr and RB are the same?)
As of now I already spent 350.00 and I am looking for a 5~10 max boost.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:51 PM   #49
95Blue240sx
Post Whore!

95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection
The MAFS needs to be the one that ends in N62, i dont know where the other one is from. Maybe a Z31. I got mine directly from a z32.

As for fuel pumps, just get a walbro, brand new is ~90-100, you cant beat that. Is this for a s13 or S14? If it is for a S14 there is only one place that i know of that sell the correct kit for the S14 fuel pump, http://ftfmotorsports.com/1924255lphhi.html , Thats the place. It's a little pricey, but you wont starve the motor if you are near empty.(info from FA faqs)

Please leave me feedback
95Blue240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:45 PM   #50
pr240sx
Zilvia Addict

That will be a S13
I was checking the turbo exhaust housing I notice some small cracks around the stock wastegate port. Although very small,dunno if that will be detrimental in anyway.
Also I heard that some guys are using external wastegates as blow off valves. What benefit, if any, does that?
I may need to relocate the MAF (for simplicity sakes) so is a blown thru setup, any tips on this. I have searched here but havent seen any other benefit other than the simplicity of the piping.
I will post pics of turbo crackso you guys can check them out
Old 12-04-2004, 10:05 AM   #51
95Blue240sx
Post Whore!

95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection
Why would you use an external wastegate for a blow off? That is not its purpose. Use a wastegate as a wastegate, use a bov for a bov. Simple as that.

Please leave me feedback
Old 01-22-2005, 12:48 AM   #52
shane_lxi
Leaky Injector

shane_lxi is an unknown quantity at this point
This question was asked, and answered in a different form then I was looking for earlier. There are plenty of s14 turbos out there, boost designs, hks, xs, and elcheapo ebay kit. I drive a '90 s13 with a ka24de swapped into it. Now, the only issue making the s14 turbo not work with a s13 is clearace issues with the engine bay (atleast that's what I gathered from the earlier post). I got advice on another forum to piece together my own turbo frankenstein style. I have read atleast 7 threads on how turbos work, the cycles of turbo etc etc. I know enough about how turbos work, but I have no way to be sure I have the ability/knowledge to piece together my own turbo. With my luck I would forget something, and get bad rodknock, or blow my motor.

* Would I be able to buy a turbo kit for the s14, and buy some parts to elimintate clearance issues?
* What are all the parts I'd need to frankenstein a kit, and where can I buy each piece?
* Is it more cost effective to swap in a jdm motor (sr20 or ca18) then to turbo my ka?

I do not aspire to gain insane boost levels simply peicing together a makeshift el cheapo kit. I just want a base to build off, to get started. So I don't need the best crap on to start out, but I don't want to sacrifice every ounce of quality to put a kit together for $700. I know tuning is expensive. Thank you, and flame if you must, just a boost n00b with a question.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:06 AM   #53
95Blue240sx
Post Whore!

Goto page one, and see DoriftoSlut's post. He lists all the parts there. Just read. I dont think you should have any fitment problems because the 91+ s13s came with a dohc. I've seen people run the SSA T25 manifold on a DOHC s13 and the JGS manifold with a t3/t4 without any problems. I'd recommend you buy just piece together the parts, and do lots of research. www.ka-t.org is a great place for more info.

Please leave me feedback
Old 01-27-2005, 08:28 PM   #54
daver903

daver903 is an unknown quantity at this point
ok so i was thinking of running emange when i do my turbo setup, but can i get away with just an apexi afc? i was gunna use a t25 turbo from a sr20, walbro fuel pump, injectors from a rx-7 (550cc i think. i know its those are to big but im getting em for free),i will doing matience on the car soon with a 300zx fuel filter and taking care of the spark. will that be a safe setup with a smic from a sr20 also? what kind of power can i expect? i have done my research and just finializing plans and getting a plan before i start purchasing. i will be using the ka24e
daver903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:39 PM   #55
95Blue240sx
Post Whore!

Yes, a SAFC will work. That setup sounds good, cheap, and simple. Expect about 220rwhp@ ~7psi. I dont think going higher than 7psi will be a good idea on a stock smic.

Please leave me feedback
Old 01-29-2005, 12:53 PM   #56
Dante319

Dante319 is an unknown quantity at this point
Timing Retard

I read on the KA-t forum that for every psi you should retard half a degree. Which brings me to my next question.I plan on 7 psi with an E-manage 370cc, walbro and T-28 from S14 etc. So base timing is 20 degrees right how do I retard timing to be 16 degrees?, and is anyone here running the hacked maf from the 240sx? I thought our stock maf was good to like 10 psi ? Just LMK.
Thanx
Old 01-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #57
95Blue240sx
Post Whore!

There are a couple people running hacked mafs on this board. The way you retard timing is through the distributor. Loosen all 3 bolts holing the distributorand then unplug the TPS. Get a timing light. Search a little theres a write up somewhere here.

Please leave me feedback
Old 02-15-2005, 05:49 AM   #58
240SXS-14

240SXS-14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ka24de

I was wondering if anyone knew what mods to do first on my engine. my car is 97. Someone told me that I need to get a timing chain guide update done and the valve adjusted. Is that normal for an engine with 64k on it?

please help

www.modrides.com
240SXS-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:55 AM   #59
240SXS-14

240SXS-14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Aem

AEM just came out with their new stand alone plug and play computer for the S-14. I have it on my list of things to get for my car. I plan on turbo charging the stock ka24de. I have seen them handle 300hp to the wheels no problem with high mileage.

I am not sure what size turbo I will go with yet but I want to run an external waste gate. What is a good turbo to start out with?

www.modrides.com
240SXS-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:39 PM   #60
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
isn't the standalone AEM unit a bit excessive for 300whp? wouldn't an apexi s-afcII work just as good for your needs and be a helluvalot cheaper?
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote