Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:51 AM   #391
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
So I have been meaning to do this update for a touch over three weeks, but better late then never! Also, with GridLife Round 2 being this weekend, I can't really wait any longer lol. Last month my car saw it's first time attack event, which was GridLife Round 1 at Gingerman Raceway. With myself never having driven the car before, I asked if the driver, Eric, who had been doing the shake downs would mind running the car until I actually take possession and have some time to acclimate myself to the vehicle. Thankfully he said yes and it was go time for it to race! The event itself was up there as one of my favorite events, but the weather was not all that great. It was a three day event and with it being the cars first event...some issues did arise.

On day one the weather was perfect, but we had a coolant leak for the first time on track. That issue put the car out of commission for the rest of the day, until the part could be sourced and replaced the following morning. Fortunately day one was only qualifying and didn't actually include any Heat laps.

Day two was great that the car was all back together, but it rained...THE WHOLE DAY! The car was limited to its lowest boost setting "wastegate pressure" and stuck competing on a wet track all day. The best lap for the day was a 2:11.231 which was not all that promising.

For day three, things were looking promising. The track was a bit dryer and the car was able to actually grip, but not go up in boost. The car was performing well, but we ended up frying the alternator during the final heat...bringing the day to a halt once more. Everyone at Touge Factory and myself thought that the car didn't place, so everyone packed up and left. Little to everyones knowledge, both Touge Factory cars were on the podium! Mikes ridiculous S14 claimed 1st place Track Modified RWD with a 1:41.812 and my 350z snatched 2nd place Track Modified RWD with a 1:42.610 with Eric behind the wheel. Thank you as always to Touge Factory for building an incredible machine!

As I know, all most of you want to see are some photos and video. Photos first and video last Enjoy and stay tuned for the next update for GridLife Round 2!

To start it off, here are some of the other vehicles that went on track over the weekend. (some of these photos are from Super Street Magazines cover of the event)

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Cody's custom built tube chassis twin turbo LT1 Piked Peak car was just absolutely amazing to see in person.
[IMG][/IMG]

Drifting was also there during the event and Ryan Tuerck was also in attendance. I'll put a link at the bottom for more pictures.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Touge Factory's S14 that Mike brought out claimed first place and looked great out there on the track!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
The rain was tough for most cars on track that day.
[IMG][/IMG]

And now onto my car at GridLife!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

MORE PHOTOS OF ALL THE CARS THERE!
http://www.superstreetonline.com/eve...photo-gallery/

HERES THE VIDEO! WATCH IN 1080P!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_rvCErKnG0
Old 06-26-2015, 06:07 AM   #392
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

One last little update. My vehicle was in Super Streets August issue this month for the event coverage of Tuner Galleria. I was pretty excited about that. Also, in July the September issue will be getting released which will have a full feature of the vehicle. Make sure you pick up a copy!

Old 06-26-2015, 07:21 AM   #393
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great job! I wasn't surprised to see you made it in the mag, very well done.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #394
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any news on your car ... is the turbo olding on ??? A customer at the shop came back 3 time with is 6262 jb ... major shaft play and housing damage ...

Every time it got replace under waranty ... precision told use they will upgrade to a Garret center .... never heard of that

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:46 PM   #395
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
sick ass ride
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:31 PM   #396
Visionshift

Visionshift is an unknown quantity at this point
Saw your car at TF works when I went down there to pick up stuff for my S14, That thing is mental man! I love everything about it!
Visionshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #397
Bugeye

Bugeye is an unknown quantity at this point
love this car, gives me the motivation to get to work on my s13! its awesome when your track car is so nice it wins awards at shows haha
Bugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #398
Shiftkickslide

Trader Rating: (3)
Shiftkickslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Final turned out tits!
Shiftkickslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #399
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Get to drive it yet?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:51 AM   #400
economix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
economix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This is my favorite build thread yet. Amazing car. The brakes alone make my dick hard. What was your final build total if you don't mind? Just curious for a ball park, I think we all are respectfully.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:14 AM   #401
Deezal
Leaky Injector

Deezal is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed, this car is insane. I wish I had the money to build a VE of this caliber for my car.
Deezal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:14 PM   #402
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

I will play catch up shortly on all my forgotten posts and try to get everyone up to date on what has been going on with the car. Real quick, though...I do need everyones help...everyday...for the next couple months...

Could everyone please click on this link and vote everyday until the competition is over, for my vehicle (Nissan 350z) to win the chance at going to SEMA! Thank you and PLEASE share this with everyone you know!!! #TBGLive

http://tunerbattlegrounds.com/compet...05-matthew-eck
Old 07-26-2016, 06:55 AM   #403
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant futureCorbic has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
I will play catch up shortly on all my forgotten posts and try to get everyone up to date on what has been going on with the car. Real quick, though...I do need everyones help...everyday...for the next couple months...

Could everyone please click on this link and vote everyday until the competition is over, for my vehicle (Nissan 350z) to win the chance at going to SEMA! Thank you and PLEASE share this with everyone you know!!! #TBGLive

http://tunerbattlegrounds.com/compet...05-matthew-eck

Get to drive it yet?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:03 AM   #404
economix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
economix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
clicking that Star button like a mofo
Old 08-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #405
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

I have so much to update on this thing lol. Last post of mine was 3 years ago. A lot has changed and I'll give a real update tonight.

The entire electronics system is out of the vehicle and will be going virtually all motec items, etesta, racegrade, racespec, MSEL, and so on. Will also be using a Bosch DBW. New wire harness to be built obviously.

Turbo setup is being changed, since the engine was beefed up a bit more. Engine got kelford 184-st camshafts, shimless valves, and 1mm larger pistons.

Dry sump system is being changed a bit to function a bit more seamless. ARE spintric, better functioning catch can, and shorter plumbing is being integrated.

Changing up the cooling system to be more out of the way, in the engine bay

Motor will be moving further back...roughly 5 inches.

Car has a much bigger diffuser on it now

Been getting some good seat time over the past couple years and definitely having fun with it. Should become even more fun lol. The change should be completed by spring and ready to roll. After some spring testing, we'll jump in a couple Gridlife and global time attack events. That's the overall plan for 2020, though.