Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:40 PM   #6751
steves_2jz240

Trader Rating: (0)
steves_2jz240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
Is anyone running the driftmotion dbw delete on the 2jzgte vvti throttle body??

How does it feel with a throttle cable? I read somewhere it has a stiff feeling to it.
You can open up the other side of the throttle body. The large plastic cover. Under there there are a bunch of gears. Remove the outer most gear so that the bottom gear no longer turns and it'll lighten up the throttle. I have a video on youtube coming out tomorrow "4/29/2019" regarding this. check it out

YouTube- "All Cars Everything"
steves_2jz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2019, 07:31 PM   #6752
ShtevsS13

ShtevsS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Parting out my 2jz S13 build folks! havent setup a F/S thread yet but my build thread has all the details if anyone wants to take a look lmk!

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=488537

Thanks

PM'd!!! Please and thank you Big MIke!!
ShtevsS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:33 PM   #6753
ShtevsS13

Hey guys been kinda dormant on here just basically reading, and doing research. My build is 95% complete just waiting for the driveshaft to turn key. I’m really just curious as to what most of You guys are using for a throttle cable on a NON VVTI 2JZGTE in an S13 240sx swap. Would really appreciate any solid info, I’ve done a lot of reading on this thread and I know the necessary length and I believe someone said a Toyota Tercel throttle cable, but I didn’t read anything definitive
Old 05-03-2019, 05:39 PM   #6754
ShtevsS13

Stock 2JZGTE Throttle body and intake manifold ***
Old 06-08-2019, 04:18 PM   #6755
jubee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
jubee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
So I'm gonna put this out there so nobody else makes the mistake I did. I don't know about the 2j manual trans, but for the auto trans make sure you attach your starter before putting the motor in your engine bay. Cause there is no room to feed the bolt at least the top hole. Bottom one I might be able to hammer the tunnel a little bit.

So just putting that out there for info so others don't make my mistake, of course I was thinking that I could just install the starter later. But jokes on me haha.

Also again for the guys running auto looks like you are gonna have to make your own transmission lines cause that stock hard line is not going to fit correctly.

so just giving a little info on the little things that are never told.

Last edited by jubee; 06-15-2019 at 10:09 AM..
jubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:10 PM   #6756
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^ Easy solution:

Drill out your threaded starter holes and attach your starter with nuts and longer bolts from your local hardware store.

Bolts can now insert from the front side, and you can juuuuust squeeze a wrench and nut on the back side between the bellhousing and the firewall.

That’s what I did on mine (S13, 1J, R154)
Old 07-08-2019, 08:28 AM   #6757
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Ok, did my first PDX Road Racing day, and I feel like I beat the shit out of the car, even compared to pro-am drifting.

Guys that do frequent track days, what trans fluid do you run in your R154? I feel like my Redline MT90 didnt hold up well.

Also, who all runs an oil cooler? What system do you have?

PFA:

Old 08-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #6758
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post

Also, who all runs an oil cooler? What system do you have?
What's up Kyle!!!!!!!!

As you know, I don't rock a 2J... but I do run an HKS oil cooler (-10AN lines to GREX oil block). Works like a champ!

Mike
Old 09-02-2019, 08:51 PM   #6759
duncan351
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
duncan351 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duncan351
s14

I finally got my S14 2j road worthy and drove for an extended drive for the first time. I don't think I'm the only one but I know I'm one of the few with a 3.13 rear end in an S chassis. My tranny of choice is a V160. Here is some feed back: THESE DAM GEAR ARE LONNNNGGG!! Its no wonder Supra can go well over 200mph. I don't really need to shift into 6th gear until at least 80 Its dumb. Strongly considering changing to a 3.26 or whatever the ratio is in an auto 350z. The gears are just too long.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:30 AM   #6760
ph1tnessjunk1e

ph1tnessjunk1e is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky80 View Post
For anyone that's set timing on the 2JZ GTE VVTi, I would appreciate your insight on this process. I've read through the IS300 manual a few times and done some research online - the timing process still isn't 100% clear to me. Here's my understanding:
  1. Set crank timing gear to the dot mark (not line)
  2. Set intake cam to dot (not line. It's not stated in the Toyota manual if the cam needs to be rotated fully CW or CCW - I gather CW from research but need confirmation)
  3. Set exhaust cam to dot (not line)
  4. Install timing belt to finish

I've done the above before installing the timing belt cover and crank pulley because I want to see if the dots and lines line up. When doing this, the dots on both cams and the crank match up after rotating the crank. Also, all line marks on both cams and the crank line up. Is this right?
ph1tnessjunk1e is offline   Reply With Quote