Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:43 AM   #1
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Stock size (SR20) aftermarket Throttle body options?

So, I am currently in search of an aftermarket TB that has the same size as the stock SR20 (66m??) throttle body

Most if not all the Ebay/knock off Amazon ones seems to leak with no real remedy. Also not interested in throttle body screws in my engine.

Just wanted a much simpler throttle body that doesn't have the coolant lines or the wax thermostat, etc.

Whats out there currently that's not exorbitantly expensive?? Looking for a straight bolt on to the SR20 flange

P.S I do not need opinions on why blah blah blah. I have my reasons, so just feed me the info as I am having a hard time locating anything outside of Hypertune.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Found a works engineering, but sold out
Old 08-05-2019, 07:33 PM   #3
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
https://brewedmotors.com/70mm-thrott...KA24-CA18-RB30
Old 08-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
What, your motor doesn't like eating the screws? Whats wrong with it ;D

everyone knows the sr demands a healthy diet of TB screws

Why not trying taking apart an OEM TB and 'fixing it' the way you want,
Or you can always install a ball-valve (from home depot) on the IACV line to limit the max airflow of the IACV (helps hold down the idle when the TB is cold)
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

I am actually on a VE TB. It has a wax stat which can be lopped off with an angle grinder (which I may very well do)

Thanks jr! How's the car running btw??
Old 08-09-2019, 07:47 PM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
I am actually on a VE TB. It has a wax stat which can be lopped off with an angle grinder (which I may very well do)

Thanks jr! How's the car running btw??
That’s what I did with my 60mm S14 TB. I still have it laying around somewhere if you want it.

The car is still in Florida. When we moved, I didn’t have anywhere to keep it so it stayed with my parents in their garage. Now that I have 5 garage spaces, I just need some spare time and funds to go get it.