Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:12 AM   #1
Punished
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
Punished is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Surge Tank with stock s13 tank?

Has anyone run/seen a surge tank set up with a stock tank (instead of a fuel cell)? This would be for a drift car with 550hp.

Currently have in flow order-
Walbro 255 in tank
Walbro 255 in line just before engine bay
Aeromotive Fuel Filter
My stock tank is clean, no rust, etc.

As I understand the rules- leaving stock tank in car I do not need to seal off the back of the coupe. Not that it is time consuming to do so, I just don't feel like cutting up my trunk floor and tubing everything at the moment.

What I was thinking- Radium surge tank with external pump, mounted in spare tire well.
I can move the inline Walbro to in tank for dual setup as well (probably not needed) or just remove it entirely.

Any input on this?
Punished is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I have the stock tank and a surge tank setup in my S14. It would be no different in an S13...

You need a larger pump than the Wally if you want 550. Bosch 044 will get you there. If your going with the Radium setup, just get their in-tank surge tank setup.

As far as rules are concerned, I would imagine that you'd still need a firewall/bulkhead built to pass inspection.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
Punished
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
Punished is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
jr_ss, funny I just ran across your build thread last night and saw you put a surge on a stock tank.

Did you put fuel cell foam in your tank or just leave it as is?

Bosch 044 is what I was going to order with the radium surge tank. Was going to ask them if I should swap out my Walbro for an intank bosch as well and Im assuming remove the inline walbro I have now as well.
Punished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:25 AM   #4
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I left mine as is.

A Wally in the stock tank is fine, it is not your fuel rail feed pump anymore.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Can this sort of setup be ran with the oem style rubber fuel hoses? I really don't feel like converting the whole fuel system to AN lines...
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote