Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 11-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
breakout_z32

Trader Rating: (0)
breakout_z32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1992 Gold Metallic NA 5spd BRAND NEW motor/trans.

Well, I've finally put enough miles on the new motor and transmission to feel comfortable that everything is right with this car.

A little history on this car:

I bought it in September of 2005 and have had it ever since.

In May of 2007, she got a fresh, professionally done coat of EJ0 (Gold Metallic) and since then has only been driven ~3k miles.

At the beginning of 2008, I decided I was going to sell it, so I parted out the majority of the aftermarket parts, and returned it to stock form.

Shortly after doing so, the original motor dropped a cylinder, so a rebuild was attempted, and a band-aid was slapped on it. This didn't last long.

She sat for several months, while I was at school, trying to decide what to do with her.

About 3 months ago, someone local was interested in the car, and kept saying that he would buy it "if it was TT". So, I happened upon a low-mileage 2+2 TT in rough shape, but good motor, and I swapped the TT motor into the gold car. I then sold the car to the local guy. The Timing Belt Tensioner stud snapped a couple days into the guys owning it and blew up the motor.

I bought the car back from him and decided to put in this BRAND NEW N/A motor that I'd happened upon.

The NA motor originally had 12,xxx miles on it. We tore it down and replaced EVERYTHING, and did the 60k maintenance (I have physical documents verifying this).

The transmission had 32,xxx miles on it, when it was swapped into the gold car, and also had several things replaced on it, not because they were broken, just as precautionary measures (I have documents verifying this as well). A brand new OEM clutch was also installed.

Since all of this was finished, I've put ~1k miles on it, just to make sure it's stout. And it is. The car pulls harder than any NA I've ever driven and is smooth as butter.

It does have a few "mods":
-PopCharger and hardpipes with rubber couplers
-Custom exhaust
-Comes with a Kenwood Head Unit (not installed)
-Stillen GTZ Lip

It just recently got all the fluids flushed and new tires mounted.

That's it, otherwise car is stock.

I'm asking $7,000 obo.
Feel free to shoot me offers, I want her gone pretty soon.

Onto the pictures. I will have interior pictures int he next couple of days and will post them up here.

Here she is at her best (only visible differences are wheels, and lowering springs/coilovers):

breakout_z32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links