Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
BoostGetsULaid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
BoostGetsULaid is making a name for him/her selfBoostGetsULaid is making a name for him/her selfBoostGetsULaid is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
No Power to ECU

So my car was stolen afew months back and I am putting it back together. Got everything back. The car ran before it was stolen. It's a S13 with a red top sr20.

I checked the Fuses (next to battery). 10A "Eng Cont" & FL25A ENG CONT. I Decided to test the FL25A prongs. So I removed that fuse and tested both sides, they both have power with out the fuse in (?)

The car turns over but no spark or fuel. So I checked the ECU wiring.
38 & 47 - ECU Power (Blk/White) - No Power
39 & 48 - ECU Ground (BLK) - Ground Good
46 - ECU Back Up Power (Red) - Good Power
104 - Fuel Pump Relay (Blk/Pink) - Good Power
36 - Ignition Switch (BLK/Red) - Good Power When Ignition is On
4 - ECU Relay (Red/Blk) - Good Power (???)

So From my understanding, isn't the 36 wiring suppose to send power to the ECCS/EGI relay to tell it to ground wire 4 when switched to ON which grounds the ECU allowing the ECU to turn on?

When I turn the ignition on, I do not hear my fuel pump. But I used my 104 wire (Fuel pump relay) and jumped both my ECU power wires with the 104 wire and my fuel pump turned on. So I am really confused. on why my ECU Power wires aren't getting power.

The wiring harness has been repaired using soldering and shrink wrap a month before it was stolen and the thieves didn't touch anything wiring wise really other than my radio and attempt to pull my alarm out, but they failed and only managed to damage my antenna. Only thing I could think of that he could of done was tired to start the car and do something to cause like the ECCS/EGI relay to get fried.

Thanks
BoostGetsULaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links