Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Canada > British Columbia

Old 05-31-2010, 01:30 AM   #1
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I will be in Vancouver for a week in the middle of june. 16-23.

I was wanting to know anything that would help me out during my stay.
The only thing that is planned is visting my great grand mother in tsawasin and going to capilano suspension park. How is the public transportation and what does it cost, what are my options? Like buses and trams, ect.
Are there any 240 meets in the down town area? I am staying Burrard hotel, its above a seven eleven.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks. Robb

I am going with my brother(ihaslongtorso) and my gf(crashqueen) so it would be cool to meet any of the members from zilvia seeing as how we are all members.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
public transit sucks. They do it like a 3 zone thing. 1zone is 2.75, 2 zone is 3.25..etc.

You can take the bus, sky train, canada line to get around. There is not much meet locally. Drop by OZ-design in richmond and that's where all the local drift hangs out.
C-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
illvialuver
Post Whore!

illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Why is Vancouver so big you would think it is like los angeles but they dont have any meets?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:42 AM   #4
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
lol, put it this way, there is 2 group of 240 owners in van. 1 is the drifter, there other is the meet ppl. The drifter never goes to meet and we all just chill at the shop. The meets are full of 19year old who have stockish 240sx and take "drift looking" photos.

Beside that..the local car scene doesn't really get along. There are euro guys, honda guys, newer nissan car guys but they just all hang out with their own personal friends. lol

But yea, Come check out the shop as that's where most people hangs out during the evening.

Does this look attractive to you??

But I guess as summer comes, there will be more meet, gathering..
Old 06-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
illvialuver
Post Whore!

is that at the shop? I dont know if we will go to Richmond, but maybe, I think I would have to atleast stop by and see what little of a scene there is and meet some other members from the forum.

So is there absolutly nothing to do, so you guys are at the shop every night of the week? And around what time? Or what day would be best.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #6
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Btw your meet looks like our meet in irvine on weds.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:04 AM   #7
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

You'll probably drive by richmond if you are heading to tsawassen. We are usually at the shop till the evening everyday of the week. lol. I don't think they are active on zilvia but most of them are on ziptied.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #8
project7x
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
project7x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hey charles, markus here and yeah i agree its very true to what happends in vancouver.

There used to be alot of cool meets, but after the cops shafted alot of people(Fast and Furious style) and the honda scene with a bunch of douche canoe fucks, basically everything started going to shits.

there is not much around anymore except for the few guys who still hang out that have been friends for a long time..

as for things to do in vancouver. Grouse Mountain for the view downtown Robson Street, check out grandville street as well (clubs and shops to buy stuff on both of these)

Transit now leads anywhere from the airport (richmond) to vancouver and so forth. Make sure you get on the right one because some go in the same direction and start going onto a differnet track. So pay close attention to the signs on the inside of the skytrain.

have fun there's lots to do i belive you can find one of those visitors flyers at the airport.
project7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #9
illvialuver
Post Whore!

cool, well we are planning on stopping by that shop one of the days that we are there. We are trying to figure out which days we will have the rental car, where we are staying downtown is very central to everything so we only need the car to go to tswassen and to go to the capilano suspension bridge place, and to check out that shop.

so is there an address for this shop?
Old 06-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
Trevor87
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Trevor87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OZ DESIGNS - CUSTOM PAINT & BODY WORKS
Trevor87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:03 AM   #11
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
make sure you go to east hastings and main, and get some paintings from ken Foster

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #12
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

^ I can't imagine any tourist going to east hasting / main, chinatown area..
Old 06-16-2010, 02:23 AM   #13
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Well my plane leaves at 930, but we have to leave the house at 530 to beat the traffic and be at lax by 730.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #14
DeleriousZ
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
DeleriousZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
revscene.net would be your best bet for any meets happening, you hafta sign up for it though. mission raceway has open racing friday nights and can get pretty big as long as it's not raining, but it's a long ass way from downtown. there's some pro drags happening this weekend.

Mission Raceway
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #15
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Man this place is fuckin beautiful, I would seriously consider moving here.
Some time in the next day or two we plan on stoping by the oz shop. We have seen more gtrs here than in so cal. In just two days we have seen about 5 r35s and 6 r32s. Still have not seen any s15. r33.r34, but this whole place is beautiful.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #16
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Thats awesome dude! I hear the weather in the summer is amazing.
Remember that winter time is harsh up there, well in comparison to cali at least.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:50 AM   #17
IHasLongTorso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
IHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
you know what is harsh here mike??? MA PENISSS!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:56 AM   #18
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
MA PENISSS...ah!!!

come bak!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 03:18 AM   #19
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Vancouver is beautiful!! except the winter..lol

You probably wont see any R34 as there is only 1 in vancouver. You probably see alot of M3/M5/M6, AMG, porsche in richmond area.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:27 AM   #20
illvialuver
Post Whore!

cunit, I hope you guys at oz make it to all star bash, and also your breaks are fuckin rediculous. Like retarded. Are you trying to make your car go back in time when you brake?
Have you ever heard of anything called overkill? Anyway looks good, I love vancouver and am planning on visiting more often, now I have a place to stay in Ladner.