Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:08 AM   #151
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
~ Happy New Year from Japan ~

It's new years eve, and everyone is out washing their cars and tidying up to prepare for the New Year. So am I.

I was sitting in my car this morning, and just felt good to still be here. Navy admin people FUCKING SUCK, if you're in the Navy, NCs and YNs specifically. It's just crazy to reflect on the headspace I was in about 2 months ago and how it's night and day to how I'm feeling lately. Happy to be here. Happy to have removed a fair chunk of dead weight from my life, and happier for who/what's left.

I don't know what's going to happen this year. Selling both S13s seems like a solid move, and the nostalgia is starting to wear off. I just don't want to regret letting them go.
***cue that scene from Inception about being an old man filled with regret***

I got the cars tucked back in their spaces, and the first two beers have been had.

Happy New Years, let's try to keep the forum alive for another year.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:59 AM   #152
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 is a jewel in the roughKrusty_s13 is a jewel in the roughKrusty_s13 is a jewel in the roughKrusty_s13 is a jewel in the roughKrusty_s13 is a jewel in the roughKrusty_s13 is a jewel in the roughKrusty_s13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
let's try to keep the forum alive for another year.
Amen!

Glad you're doing good dude! That s13 has my <3
Old 02-15-2020, 11:06 PM   #153
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond repute
Well.

I think I hit that point where I'm no longer actively looking for cars.

The only possible move left is selling everything and getting an M4 or a Volvo SUV. My hobby is starting to look like dollar signs. I guess we'll see how this goes.

I made some friends at my new job that go to a lot of track days in Japan. As per usual, I don't have anything crazy planned but I'm looking forward to the prospect of getting out more this year in this car.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:39 AM   #154
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
spooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to spooled240 Send a message via Yahoo to spooled240
Aren't your cars pretty much stock and done for the most part? They can't be costing you that much.

It's not like a heavily modified s14 that never seems to run right..
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:39 PM   #155
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Aren't your cars pretty much stock and done for the most part? They can't be costing you that much.

It's not like a heavily modified s14 that never seems to run right..
100%...but the cost to legally own and operate them here is a little much. It's not as much if you were a full-blown resident, but it adds up when you have too many cars (and wheels) like I do.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:29 AM   #156
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I've been a little busy lately. Trying to get things ready.

Old 03-01-2020, 08:32 PM   #157
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Got the red car on the road via insurance and some temp plates. I'm 100% certain an old man owned this car judging by the taste in audio/navigation equipment and the fact that he appears to have used Locktite on the fucking shift knob. Slowly removing all unnecessary audio/electronic equipment and just looking over the car.

A friend of mine that's still in the Navy is due to rotate back to the US. I handed him the key to the red car, we met up with the dude that bought my Type-X, and we all drove to Daikoku on Sunday morning. It was nice to get out and cruise during the day.

The long process to get a waiver for a third car (you're only allowed to register 2) is about to start. I haven't decided if I'm going to full-stop things with the red car or just enjoy myself...we'll see how it goes. I'm a little torn when it comes to deciding which car gets the aero bumper. I'd like to buy another, but the prices are up and they don't come up often. The blue car is the 'cleaner' car and the aero bumper I have was already notched for a front mount...and if either one of these cars gets any motor work it will be the red car. Maybe that's my answer

For anyone that reads this, I'm going to get better about taking pictures. I'll be off IG shortly and want to use this thread more. I like how it's 'off the grid' compared to Facebook and IG.