Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
strat.attack13

Trader Rating: (0)
strat.attack13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
r32/s13/z32 suspension compatibility +wisefab vs gktech

I've been researching suspension for my upcoming z32 rebuild/drift build, and thought I would ask some questions here.

Seeing as how this car will eventually become my pro am drift car, I am going to need a goo setup with a decent amount of angle, and it seems there is only two real decent options for z's.

The first and more easy of the two is the full gktech setup, which has all the front suspension bits as well as rear arms, knuckles, etc. I have yet to find many reviews on them for z's but know many people like them for 240's.

The second option, and where my question comes into play is wisefab. I know a number of r32 and s13 arms are compatible with the z32, both front and rear, but haven't found much on which ones are, at least for the rear. the z's front lca's are compatible with 240's, and the uppers are r32 ones, leading me to believe the r32 knuckle is compatible with the z. wisefab also offers setups for the rear on r33's and r34's, and the s13/r32 kits as well.

Does anyone know what arms for the front and rear are compatible, assuming I piece together a custom kit?

Now, the biggest part of the question, what would you guys recommend for my overall setup? full gktech? Full wisefab? wisefab front and gktech rear?

Either way, I am going to need aftermarket arms and knuckles all the way around to correct the factory geometry, roll center, camber, ackerman, etc to get a good setup for drifting, and I'm just trying to get the best setup possible so I don't have to redo it later.

I'm still in the planning stage of this rebuild, but am trying to think the furthest ahead as possible, to save myself the trouble later on.

Thanks!
strat.attack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Seeing as you haven't drifted the car at all yet, I personally don't think you need to be worrying about angle kits at this point. Focus on all the other aspects of the car first. Then when the car is drivable/driftable, do a set of tie rod spacers, and possibly modify the bump stops on the stock knuckle/lca's. You can gain a decent amount of angle this way and its a perfect way to start getting used to drifting the car BEFORE adding a big angle kit.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:15 PM   #3
strat.attack13

Trader Rating: (0)
strat.attack13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Seeing as you haven't drifted the car at all yet, I personally don't think you need to be worrying about angle kits at this point. Focus on all the other aspects of the car first. Then when the car is drivable/driftable, do a set of tie rod spacers, and possibly modify the bump stops on the stock knuckle/lca's. You can gain a decent amount of angle this way and its a perfect way to start getting used to drifting the car BEFORE adding a big angle kit.
I’ve driven the car for a while now. I’m going to be tearing the car down as soon as my 5sgte celica is back up and running, so I’ve been planning the build before I start. I’m trying to save myself the hassle later.

The biggest issue with the z for drifting is the angle, or lack there of. Stock, it had less than a factory s13, and even with some light mods, it still hasn’t been super sufficient, especially when this car is going to eventually be a pro am car. That’s why in the next build stage I plan to do a full suspension rebuild so I never have issues with the stock suspension limiting my alignment, the suspension geometry and certainly not the angle ever again.

Thanks!
strat.attack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
z is a terrible choice for a pro-am car.

there, I just saved you a year of your life.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote