Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:49 AM   #91
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
man what a beautiful car!!! great job dude!!
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2018, 02:15 PM   #92
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^thanks dood!

started on body work. hitting it with the block made me notice i had way more body damage than i thought. passenger side qp in front and behind of the well is pushed in, bad dents on the lip of the qp around the well, door has dents, roof and trunk have dents from aero landing on it, and drivers side qp in front and behind the well have some mild dents as well as the door. i was hoping i'd be able to salvage the qp's, but it appears there's too much previous damage and rust to save (did a decent amount of work on them the two previous times i painted the car. metal has been pushed and pulled a lot). gonna try my best, but i do have a pair of overs laying in wait ps. don't mind the dick.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:39 PM   #93
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
DickPic
SAVE THEM. I regret cutting for overs
there's just something about that factory metal.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:41 AM   #94
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
SAVE THEM. I regret cutting for overs
there's just something about that factory metal.
i mean, i'm all for factory metal. hate when people put overs on perfectly good quarters, but there's definitely a time and a place for overs haha

found a lot more filler than i expected. impressed that somehow none of it cracked. there was a bit of rust underneath it though. there's a line of rust near the door that seems to nearly be all the way through. kinda makes me scared to pull the dents out.

there was also a TON of filler on the back of the qp. a few inches below the tail light and down was coated with about 1.5mm of filler/paint and up to about 4mm in some spots took a long ass time to get it all off of there. also found several spots of rust and the metal is warped as hell. i really don't see any saving it. even getting it good enough to fit an over without being all wavy is gonna take some time.

but yeah, so i made a list today. very overwhelmed at the moment, but i know i've been in worse shape with shorter deadlines so it should all work out just fine haha

-straighten qp for overs
-cut qp
-modify overs
-design/install vents for fenders
-modify mirrors to fit
-modify tube front for lights
-fix hood latch
-design/install bumper fitment guides + corner light bracket
-splitter
-windshield
-paint
-clutch
-vinyl
-exhaust
-fit aero
Old 02-01-2018, 08:06 AM   #95
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
you got this! Welcome to the overfender family.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:53 PM   #96
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
you got this! Welcome to the overfender family.
haha thanks jy!

i started modding the overs. car modify wonder doesn't offer the vented overs for coupe so i decided to make my own. luckily my team mate's car has some on his hatch, unfortunately i didn't have any paper on hand, but i just needed it to be in decent enough shape to start a template -> enter paper towel

transferred the crappy trace to a coors box (next best thing to matboard for making templates imo)

tidied it up real nice and verified that it was acurate

then got to cutting

mounted on car kinda decently to figure out how big of a vent i could make and went back to the coors box to make a spacer thingy to keep it in shape for fiberglassing

the slathered some nasty shit on them

kinda a janky method, but i wasn't looking to spend an entire day on these things when i feel like wonder is just going to come out with some actual ones by the time i destroy these hunks of junk. hopefully it won't take too much more work to get them to look good. already spent a decent amount of time blocking them and sanding down all the shitty defects from the mold. don't think origin cares much about the tatakadasi molds now that type 3 flare bullshit is all the rage. anyway, i guess we'll find out if i put enough hardener in the resin tomorrow!
Old 02-03-2018, 09:05 PM   #97
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Was bummed to see you going with overs at first but I like where this is headed!
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:07 AM   #98
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
i like the vent shape.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:26 PM   #99
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
Was bummed to see you going with overs at first but I like where this is headed!
word! yeah, would prefer to stay metal, but at least making the overs cooler than the typical basic ones make it worth it to me haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
i like the vent shape.
thank

spent today mocking up some fins for the front fender vents to make them somewhat match the skirt add ons (excuse how shitty they look, i swear the finished product will look much better)

and made a temporary splitter. would like an uras splitter, but they take forever to respond and i doubt it would be here before super d

and the grill came in. not sure if i want to shave the fins or just paint them accent color. decisions, decisions
Old 02-06-2018, 08:03 AM   #100
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Max, this is getting serious! Im really excited to see this at Super D
Old 02-06-2018, 12:06 PM   #101
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Dude this looks sick! Cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:19 PM   #102
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I want one of those grilles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:00 PM   #103
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hey my mom bought me one of those grills for Christmas lmao

So hyped about this!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #104
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:

i started modding the overs. car modify wonder doesn't offer the vented overs for coupe so i decided to make my own. luckily my team mate's car has some on his hatch, unfortunately i didn't have any paper on hand, but i just needed it to be in decent enough shape to start a template -> enter paper towel
Noooooo. This is CMW's great mistake! This isn't an NSX!

I'm sure the car will look amazing though, I dig the URAS GT and time attack style aero parts.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #105
deolio
Post Whore!

^ secret mid-mount sr don't tell anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
Max, this is getting serious! Im really excited to see this at Super D
super srs. i'm really excited to see your crocs at super d <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
Dude this looks sick! Cant wait to see the finished product.
thanks! me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Hey my mom bought me one of those grills for Christmas lmao

So hyped about this!
damn your mom is cool!

pretty much finished up the overs today. may go over them once more, but yeah, think i'm basically ready for paint aside from a couple small parts ^_^
Old 02-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #106
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
^ secret mid-mount sr don't tell anyone!
You're going midmount?? Curious to see what manifold you used being LHD like mine.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #107
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
K24 or ban

jk

Seriously good build dude.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #108
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
definitely came out excellent... looking forward to more.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #109
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Love how those overs came out! Looking forward to seeing the whole kit in paint and assembled. Keep it up man
EFITTZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #110
deolio
Post Whore!

^thanks doods!

Quote:
You're going midmount?? Curious to see what manifold you used being LHD like mine.
i meant mid-engine like nsx haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
K24 or ban

jk

Seriously good build dude.
haha mannnnnnnn i need to get started on it thanks!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:32 PM   #111
deolio
Post Whore!

we mocked up a prototype bumper guide for silvia front today. hopefully we'll have a production sample in time for initial installation of painted aero
Old 02-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #112
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Greddy manifold fits with a relocated wastegate.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #113
FKNGRSY
Leaky Injector

FKNGRSY is an unknown quantity at this point
Yessss. I've been waiting for the Silvia guides
FKNGRSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #114
DustinSixOh9
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
DustinSixOh9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Car's lookin great, can't wait to see it finished. Especially can't wait to see and buy the production version of those bumper guides.
DustinSixOh9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:56 PM   #115
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Still my favorite two-tone

I can't wait to see it together and painted with the GT aero. Any chance they'll get the right canards to you in time or just make some of your own?
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:56 AM   #116
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post
Still my favorite two-tone

I can't wait to see it together and painted with the GT aero. Any chance they'll get the right canards to you in time or just make some of your own?
haha rip two tone preservation

supposedly they'll be here when my hood arrives? shipped the incorrect ones they sent me back a couple weeks ago so hopefully... did take 6 months to get the aero so my hopes aren't too high hahaha

i was supposed to paint last week, but my friend doing the paint got called into work, so we put it off to this week. i picked up all the paint and supplies yesterday and then we set up our shitty cheap-o booth, which took FAR longer than expected. 420 staples and 69ft of tape later...

wiped the car down, masked it up, popped the primer open and realized they forgot to throw it on the mixer at the paint shop. tried to mix it by hand, but it was like arm wrestling the hulk and by then it was 10:15pm.

so we called it a night. need to reschedule again and now california has decided it's winter for real and it's supposed to rain for the next week and a half, which means painting isn't such a good idea without a proper setup, which i clearly don't have... man the anxiety is driving me insane such a tease being so close yet so far
Old 03-09-2018, 04:23 PM   #117
deolio
Post Whore!

garage essential from now on\/

i cried

i countersunk the rivet holes a bit. small little touch that i don't see many people do and i don't know why. i only removed gel coat, so it won't make it any weaker.

went to spray primer and realized whoever used the primer gun last didn't clean it out and ruined the gun (isn't sharing a shop fun????). got a new gun, but it sounded like a blowoff valve when letting off the trigger. air was somehow leaking into the gun. exchanged it for a different one after trying to get it to seal for a half hour and tried again, but not luck. so i switched to a slightly different model, which finally worked...

primed the car and then managed to somehow fit all of the aero and little bits in the booth, but ran out of primer thanks to wasting a bit fucking around with the first two paint guns.

then we finally laid base on the roof

and then on the body

hopefully the rain stays away this weekend so we can finally finish painting everything else
Old 03-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #118
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Can't wait to see this thing slidinggg
z31andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:16 PM   #119
BayS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
BayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
First lap dawg
Old 03-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #120
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayS13 View Post
First lap dawg
don’t put that evil on me! hahaha