Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-28-2015, 04:03 AM   #1
ebinkerd

Trader Rating: (0)
ebinkerd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA24DE coil on plug conversion

Hey guys,

been on this forum for a while now but haven't had a 240 in years. But, I just wanted to update everyone on something I have been working on. The coil on plug conversion system for the OEM ecu. This is a module that is wired in place of the distributor power transistor and runs four sequential ignition coils whether it be CNP or COP. The module has been tested on the FWD SR20 and works well. JKTuning is involved in this project and will be testing one of the beta boards in the next month or so. The module is called the DIS-SR (SR20), I have a version for the KA24DE dubbed the DIS-KA in the works as well. The module also has a coil discharge feature that limits the duration the coil can be charged. It is a similar feature found on the GM LS2 coils.

The only caveat is whatever ecu you use, it must have the capability of changing the dwell. Eg NismotronicSA, Nistune, Basic chips... Some sort of daughterboard is a must.

The DIS-SR has been tested on the NismotronicSA and is currently the only officially supported ECU. That does not mean others wont work and further testing is needed.

Please feel free to ask any question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBvKDH1MJ9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jEUNsYe8bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06FIRN5gIo
ebinkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #2
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Is this still in progress. Wondering if I can get the nismotronic ka24de ecu and do a cop setup

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 05-09-2019, 02:08 PM   #3
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
^^^^^ no....
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #4
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
bump, what became of this?
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:43 PM   #5
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Guessing it fizzled. Op has 1 post and its this thread. His YT vids have nothing too.

Just got done with the COP setup on my KA running Megasquirt. Very happy, cleaned up the idle a lot, motor runs much smoother through the revs. I think the coil on my S14 KA was pretty tired so not sure how much that affected things
Im running .040 gap on NGK coppers, 1 range colder than stock, on 10# with no issues. I went with Maxima coils from an 01' VQ30DE-K.
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote