Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
GhostofAkina

Trader Rating: (0)
GhostofAkina is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB25 fuel and spark cyl 6 misfire

Hey just looking for some input from anyone who may have any legit ideas or helpful information. I've got an RB25 swapped s13, stock motor, greddy manifold, fmic, nismo fpr, running on Haltech platinum pro plugin, with wiring specialties harness. It ran just fine with no issues for the past two weeks. I take it for like a 10 mile round trip drive and I notice its misfiring, track it down to cylinder 6. Its a rich misfire. Obviously has fuel so I check for spark. Has spark, also swapped coilpacks just to check. The spark on cyl 6 does seem like it may be dimmer than the other cylinders but it doesnt change if the coils are moved around. I'm stumped. I took the ignitor out to test but cant really figure out wtf the fsm is saying to do, the pins seem labeled wrong in the fsm. Does the ignitor seem like rhe next logical issue or something else. I also checked compression and it was good and pretty even across all cylinders. I am also going to grab new o rings for the injectors incase its possibly leaking past the ancient o ring.
GhostofAkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 01:54 AM   #2
GhostofAkina

I just tested the ignitor/power transistor but I am kinda unsure of the results. testing continuity, everything seemed fine other than when testing any straight across connection (like 1 to E1 or 2 to E2) the connection would be .5 instead of 1 like it would be across all the other pins.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
GhostofAkina

For anyone interested, it ended up being a combination of a super shitty injector o-ring and too large of a plug gap.