Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 08:16 AM   #31
namawon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
namawon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm not disrespecting anyone's views on how to build or modify their car.
Its their car for a reason.

What i'm saying is when it comes to buying/selling or in general being a knowledgeable human being, some people (that happen to own or have owned an 240sx) kind of suck.
Just in my short experience of owning a 240sx(about 4 years..ish).
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #32
maces13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
maces13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Orrrr just don't deal with these kinds of peeps. Now sometimes its inevitable yes, track events, shows, for sale adds, it does get annoying but fuck it, their not riding with you and working on your car right? Who really gives a fuck
Old 02-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #33
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
If you think the 240sx scene is bad, try jumping to the Miata scene.
If you are not trying to be an SCCA/NASA autocross star you should just sell the car immediately. I completely regret selling my last 240sx.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:56 AM   #34
alexnettles

alexnettles is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I can imagine some Miata people being a bit defensive cause their cars unjustly get hated on, so every mod you do has to be completely functional with not much room for individuality

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #35
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
The miata scene has room for individuality on with what brand you go with. In the end majority of the parts are going to be the same.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #36
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Welp, I'm happy I bought my S14 instead of a Miata then.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #37
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think if you believe in or take part in this "scene" you are partly to blame for some of its negativity.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #38
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
If you think the 240sx scene is bad, try jumping to the Miata scene.
If you are not trying to be an SCCA/NASA autocross star you should just sell the car immediately. I completely regret selling my last 240sx.
Maybe on miata.net with all the stuffy old timers. Certainly not the case on CR.net where the only thing that matters is if you're running 9" rims and how dumped you are. No middle ground, I swear.

Who cares about the "scene," really? I love the car and will continue to do so no matter what happens to the landscape.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #39
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Who cares!!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #40
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I've met some good friends through the s-chassis scene. But, we are all what I would call "enthusiasts", where as all the other kids that own them are due to the drift scene exploding(at least in our area). Craigslist has really pissed me off with the 240 scene. I hate putting stuff for sale on craigslist.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #41
Drift_FX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Drift_FX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i hate almost every car "scene" its full of douche bags a tools that have no idea what they are talking about... that's why you wont see me hanging out with any of these forum warriors and fan boys in person... I love driving these cars and screw everything else.....
Old 02-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #42
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
What you guys are saying is, you hate some people. Me too, do we need a thread to state the obvious?
Old 02-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #43
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
The 240 scene is idiots who smack their car into a wall trying to drift and assholes who think they are better than everyone. There are very few real people in this scene, and those very few people generally stay away from everyone because they're treated like shit for no reason by other 240 guys. I could go on and on.
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maces13 View Post
Orrrr just don't deal with these kinds of peeps. Now sometimes its inevitable yes, track events, shows, for sale adds, it does get annoying but fuck it, their not riding with you and working on your car right? Who really gives a fuck
Exactly. I just realized that in the past 2 years, I stopped hanging out with the lowlifes and only have friends who are hard working at some thing and have set standards in life ( with everything not just cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
What you guys are saying is, you hate some people. Me too, do we need a thread to state the obvious?
Yes we do!

It's a trend. All of the bullshit you see going on with highschool kids and their 240sx will end some day. Just buy the remaining clean shells you plan on building in your life and let them do their own shit. If you don't like the people, stop hanging around them. Don't go to the car meet where they all street drift. I haven't been to a car meet in almost 2 years because I know there is nothing for me there. So I just go to school/work/ mess around in the garage and do the shit I was going to do regardless of what those highschoolers are doing or whatever trash MEGAN/ISIS/CHASER AERO is producing or who is running a v8 in their 240.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #44
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
So have we decided who hates "the scene" the most? Cant wait to see the trophy!

This whole thread is dumb.. Reminds me of the goths in HS arguing who's more different..
Or the skaters who argue who's a poser..

/rant
Old 02-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #45
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
i only have 2 240 friends and we have been in the scene for almost ten years. everyone has their bad apples in their car community
Old 02-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #46
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwtdhero View Post
This whole thread is dumb.. Reminds me of the goths in HS arguing who's more different..
Or the skaters who argue who's a poser..

/rant
Exactly, and I love the V8 hate comments in here

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
Old 02-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #47
akaina240
Zilvia Junkie

akaina240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm personally one of the guys you prob hate.
However I am not here for the stupid scene or whatever.
Ever since I was looking for a japanese, reliable, nice handling, economical car for college i fell in love with the look of a jdm s14. I'm by no means a car expert, and don't have much funds to spend spend spend on the car, but Im on zilvia because i love s chassis and will always love it.

However I have run into some actual douchebags like Joshki from SD. "Elite" attitudes make me LOL.
I always am humble enough to say I dont know shit. But for the most part everyone I met with 240s are pretty cool.
Always waving whatup on the freeway and taking pictures haha.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #48
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaina240 View Post
I always am humble enough to say I dont know shit. But for the most part everyone I met with 240s are pretty cool.
Always waving whatup on the freeway and taking pictures haha.
Well based on this post i would say you are NOT one of the people we are talking about.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #49
Slims
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Slims is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sold my s chassis almost because the scene is so bad. Kept the suspension because I still love the car and the aftermarket.

Its to many skunny jeans, hipster-bros who want to be "illest."
Old 02-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #50
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
after leaving the s-chassis world 4 years ago i tried out the z33, then q45, and miata. i found s-chassis people were far more down to earth, honest, and friendly than a lot of those other people. of corse there are a lot of douches that treat their 240's like dirt and beat the shit out of them with no remorse, but there are also a shit ton of dudes that understand style and actually know what the fuck they're talking about.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #51
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
I get tons of props for my build on my 240. I'm 18 and on a super tight budget. I'm doing a budget build with an sr20 so its function over form for me. I'm literally lowered on coils with almost 100% stock parts.

Not because i want to be slammed, but coils are just low lol. I'm still on stock 7spokes and i don't care. And no one else cares. They love it.

It makes me feel pretty accepted because I'm getting lots of positive feedback on my car because its clean and stock. Seems like a lot of people have respect for a proper build. I don't have any plans for aero, or most cosmetic upgrades. I like stock, it looks good and doesn't attract attention. Plus I'm not wasting money on stupid bumpers. Id rather spend it on a bigger turbo, better coils or a tune.

I don't know much about 240's and ill admit that. I try to be humble and sift through the bs. Most guys my age that have 240's are retarded. But thankfully theres probably less than 30 in all of ontario. So it sorta balances out

Sent from my LG-E400R using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-07-2014, 09:14 PM   #52
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Not tryin to be a dick, but 100% stock and lowered on coils isn't considered a 'build' by most people.

Not saying it's not clean, but it's not a build either judging by your description.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:03 AM   #53
89bucketsx

89bucketsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1331 View Post

I don't know much about 240's and ill admit that. I try to be humble and sift through the bs. Most guys my age that have 240's are retarded. But thankfully theres probably less than 30 in all of ontario. So it sorta balances out

lol ontario canada or ontario california?
Bc if your talking about cali i can agree. Ive only seen like 2 clean s13's in the city.And one is my neighbors coupe.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:45 AM   #54
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_FX View Post
i hate almost every car "scene" its full of douche bags a tools that have no idea what they are talking about... that's why you wont see me hanging out with any of these forum warriors and fan boys in person... I love driving these cars and screw everything else.....
I had the same feeling last night on my way to Subway, where most of the tuner car guys gather. Got my meatball sub, some triple chocolate cookies and took my ass home.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #55
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Old 04-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #56
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinhed View Post
I had the same feeling last night on my way to Subway, where most of the tuner car guys gather. Got my meatball sub, some triple chocolate cookies and took my ass home.
hahahaahahaahaha
Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #57
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinhed View Post
Made me and my coworkers lol ! Thankss That is all.

And to contribute, F the scene do it for you...
Old 04-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #58
speedracerturbo
Leaky Injector

speedracerturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to speedracerturbo
I couldn't help but read this. That realization comes as you get older. I am a very involved member in the Z community and the people that I have met through that car have become family. Sadly it doesn't work that way anymore in the 240 community. I've had these cars for a long while now and still keep one for the track, but I've basically cut all ties to the community and watch from the sidelines because of how these people react to each other. It's sad really. The death of a great era.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #59
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
this thread should of been made in 2005. Y'all are late. The 240 "scene" has been douchey since day one of its mainstream debut. Why? because 'murica. We fuck shit up.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #60
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
FUCK a "scene"...

ANYONE who refers to the culture of modding a particular car as a "scene" is part of the fucking problem. YOU should be enjoying YOUR 240sx for YOU, NOT any hypothetical "scene". There are fucking morons and cheap asses involved in EVERY platform. Not one is any better than any of the others. Hipster kids want to look "rad" and be "illest" in all kinds of cars, NOT just 240's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1331 View Post
I get tons of props for my build on my 240. I'm 18 and on a super tight budget. I'm doing a budget build with an sr20 so its function over form for me. I'm literally lowered on coils with almost 100% stock parts.

Not because i want to be slammed, but coils are just low lol. I'm still on stock 7spokes and i don't care. And no one else cares. They love it.

It makes me feel pretty accepted because I'm getting lots of positive feedback on my car because its clean and stock. Seems like a lot of people have respect for a proper build. I don't have any plans for aero, or most cosmetic upgrades. I like stock, it looks good and doesn't attract attention. Plus I'm not wasting money on stupid bumpers. Id rather spend it on a bigger turbo, better coils or a tune.

Dude, your "build" is the kind that the older enthusiasts cringe at. You slapped an SR in (probably with the shittiest wiring in the universe, pissing fluid everywhere, etc...), slapped some shitty coilovers on it, and called it a "build". You didn't even touch the REALLY important items like suspension arms, brakes, general maintenance, etc... The younger crowd ONLY cares about having a turbo, being slammed, hellaflush, and illest.

What it really comes down to is a lack of patience. You kids want everything NOW just to have it, rather than saving and planning for what you TRULY want in the end.

Us older guys were perfectly happy with having a well-maintained KA powered car with well rounded suspension and brake mods. Once we got the foundation set-up then we worried about power, stance, etc... We would re-seal our SR's and replace all the maintenance items (gaskets, seals, hoses, belts, etc...) BEFORE we dropped the engine in. Now kids just buy an SR and slap it in without thinking about it because they want an SR soooooo bad. What they end up with is a leaking, unreliable piece of shit.

It at least sounds like you've got pride in your car and some common sense, but you seem clueless as to how to build a car WELL or what a "build" truly is.
Closed Thread