Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Canada > Alberta

Old 09-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Sparkfist

Trader Rating: (0)
Sparkfist is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edmonton 240 Engines and Parts?

Ok so I live in Edmonton and currently have a 91 240sx 5 speed stock with some problems.

Im looking to either fix up the current motor and get my 5th gear fixed in the trans. or to swap it out and get it back on the road. It will be a year round car so im unsure of a turbo. I will do all the work myself with a mechanic friend so labor isnt much of a problem but im having a real hard time finding local parts or info on where to get my hands on a engine.

Any guesses on the price to fix up a stock 240? as far as i know nothing is wrong with the engine just the trans lost 5th ( it just seems to be blocked i cant get it to move forward or even grind anything but 1-4 and R work fine ).

I found a few places on here that say they sell the sr20's and such but no reviews from members or anyone saying what was missing/included with the purchase. Im assumeing $2500 for a sr20 is about the going rate?

Any and all info would be great!
Thanks in advance

Jason
Sparkfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
MedHat240sx
Zilvia Member

MedHat240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I highly recommend buying a sr20 from JDM Source i have had friends by rb20s rb25 and sr's and have no problems with them there located in calgary so you can drive up n get the motor. there website is JDMsource.com or JDMsource.ca! check them out
MedHat240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #3
Sparkfist

Epic prices! way cheaper than I was finding them. Thanks a bunch!.

Is there any place in Calgary/E-town that will carry body parts at decent prices? i creased a couple fenders and id rather stay away from bondo. Driver side front and driver side rear.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Sparkfist

After some more searching that site is awesome thanks a ton. $2200 shipped is way cheaper than all the other places i was looking. Do you remeber if your friends had any extra costs in the swap? i notice these guys include the MAF and ignitor chip where alot of other sites charge more.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
RocketBUNNY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
RocketBUNNY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
You say stock 240(etown) so I'm guessing chuki I have a spare set of front fenders there scratched to shit but no dents or rust on them. I live in red deer if you still need front fenders the rear on the other hand is much more of a pain in the ass to fix!! Lots of cutting grinding and then repaint your almost better off hammering out as much as you can then bondoing a bit. I personally just rivited over fenders on my beat up rears after I clean all the rust and shit off them.
RocketBUNNY is offline   Reply With Quote