Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Central States

South Central States Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #1
JoshuaGT

Trader Rating: (0)
JoshuaGT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New S14 owner from Kansas

What's up everyone. Been a long time lurker of these threads for about two years and as of 5/9/17 I finally have a reason to be posting. I have been aching for an S-chassis for awhile now and I've been through three cars since my interest was first sparked with regards to 240s. I would scour CL and FB market place for decent examples with not much luck. Super clean cars were out of my price range, and I didn't want someone else's project.

So as of now I am proud to say a car presented itself in between these two extremes that I was able to pick up, and that I believe I got for an absolute steal. The car the S14 is replacing is my 99 Auto SC300. Which is ironic, considering most of the Club Lexus guys "Graduated" from the s-chassis. Im young. So a smaller cabin, with less amenties makes zero difference to me. Plans for the SC were an R154 swap and to put it on a diet. But I didnt have it in me. It would have been like making lemondade with limes.

I decided it was better to start off with a car that was made to be nimble, and light, somewhat raw, and kind of a toy. Rather than spend money and ruin my SC300 just to get it to the point a 240 is stock. With the said, the SC300 is for sale so if anyone that reads this is interested let me know (shameless plug) all proceeds will go towards making the S14 great again.
JoshuaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
what part of Kansas? I'm in saint joseph m.o.
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #3
JoshuaGT

Trader Rating: (0)
JoshuaGT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Manhattan. I'm a ways away. But I bought the S14 in Platte Woods. So I wasn't too far from you! Small world. I actually bought a pretty nice RX-8 in St Joseph a couple years back. What's the car scene like there? It seems like a lot of nice cars get sold out of the St Joseph area, I always filter Craigslist there and find some pretty good stuff.
JoshuaGT is offline   Reply With Quote