Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:41 AM   #2041
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
^Just did 10 of those in my garage.

It's daylight now.

Very nice!
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #2042
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have LEDs in the garage.

In regards to having migraines and stuff while working:

-lights could be too bright or you need to stop looking directly into the light/ get a diffuser
-improper airflow/ventilation/ not wearing a proper respirator for the work you are doing
----are you soldering and not evacuating the gases?
----stop smoking
----when welding, certain metals give off gases
-cleanliness
-family members nagging you for stuff?
-do your eyeglasses/safety glasses have a shit ton of scratches on them?

I have only really had headaches in the garage from that one time I removed my gas tank (1/4 full) and when I was wire wheeling off the undercoating. The only other times were when I would get interrupted by dumbass neighbors who are retired/have no kids and are like "Hey, whatcha doing?"
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:49 AM   #2043
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
The issue I have with having a shop that isn't within spitting distance of my house is scheduling. When you have a family and competing priorities, to plan out when you will have time for a lower tier priority (working on cars), you end up with some odd ball times

Also, when I come up with oddball ideas to stuff a random engine into a chassis that simple wasn't made to fit it, I would like to luxury of running downstairs @ 11:47 PM on a Tuesday night to try it out. If I have to hall my ass out of the house, when it's 36 F outside to try some insane idea that may or may not work, would easily drive me to selling it all and moving on to another more easily accessible hobby.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:16 PM   #2044
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm guessing it's the fluorescents. I'm extremely blue light sensitive, even wearing blue light blocking glasses, I still get migraines. Got one right now from driving 6 hours in bright sun...with sunglasses and a 20% window tint. Shit sucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:26 AM   #2045
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Our ceilings are so tall that the lights have to drop a solid 10' before the light becomes as bright as I'd like. I too want to go LED but before investing, the plan was to check all the other local shops to see what they use. Unfortunately, they're all using the NATGRID objective to switch over and I cannot as I'm not a shop open for public business. Bummer.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:35 AM   #2046
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Y'all must not be so grumpy anymore

Anybody else seen the Klutch Kickers $100k drift series thing? Any thoughts?
Old 02-19-2020, 07:11 AM   #2047
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Y'all must not be so grumpy anymore

Anybody else seen the Klutch Kickers $100k drift series thing? Any thoughts?
Bye, biased ass Formula D. Cars don't need to accomplish three small turns with 2000HP. Technical driving will hopefully return.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #2048
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Bye, biased ass Formula D. Cars don't need to accomplish three small turns with 2000HP. Technical driving will hopefully return.

"The track is very small and technical, so bringing a pro car on big tires will work against you."

I love it. There is no reason FD should be the ONLY "pro-level" representation of drifting. Esp since they continue to just follow the "more is more" train.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:13 PM   #2049
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
that track looks like it was built by a drunk guy named rick on a steam roller
Old 02-19-2020, 02:12 PM   #2050
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Probably was but you already know the age of lower horsepower cars is making it's return.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #2051
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I think I've mentioned this before, but if you have IG and constantly repost the same cars from the same shops, you're fucking annoying man.

I know these cars are nice, but I follow YOU to see YOUR car and shit. Like once in a while is fine and all but more often than not it's just some dude reposting a line-up of e-famous cars.

I'm sick of watching y'all tug each other off. I have to unfollow people with cars I like because i just can't stand the shit.

Also, fucking tired of people worshiping Sammit. He's got a Japanese wife and is basically a live-in child that never left the nest. Tell me more about how he's influential, please.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:31 PM   #2052
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

I'm sick of watching y'all tug each other off. I have to unfollow people with cars I like because i just can't stand the shit.
bish puhleeeeeeze, you LOVE watching me get tugged off.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2020, 04:38 PM   #2053
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
bish puhleeeeeeze, you LOVE watching me get tugged off.
I'd prefer it if we kept our bedroom shenanigans out of this. ty.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:17 AM   #2054
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Why would someone post someone else's shit on their IG unless they were like... actively there with them at an event or something? That's some real dick rider shit.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #2055
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Why would someone post someone else's shit on their IG unless they were like... actively there with them at an event or something? That's some real dick rider shit.
repost pages are trash. esp the ones who start up "streetwear" brands at the same time, but create no original content.

Quote:
Old 02-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #2056
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Also, fucking tired of people worshiping Sammit. He's got a Japanese wife and is basically a live-in child that never left the nest. Tell me more about how he's influential, please.
Does LZ fit this too lmao?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:42 PM   #2057
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

LZ is making money because plebs like you click his shit to watch what outlandish shit he's doing with his money that day. He's literally spending the money he's making off of you in every video. I am jealous that I didn't do some stupid shit like that. Y'all are dumb as fuck.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #2058
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
repost pages are trash. esp the ones who start up "streetwear" brands at the same time, but create no original content.
...they're not repost pages. They're dudes posting other dudes cars when I'm just trying to look at that one dude's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Does LZ fit this too lmao?
I'm in closer proximity to Sammit shit since he's in Yokohama. LZ is a fucking turd, too. Why people want to watch some stupid rich kid build cars when money is no object is beyond me. You either have YouTube channels with dudes building cars on shitty low budgets or someone with a dumb amount of disposable income.

I don't want to see haggard pieces of shit built.

I don't find it interesting to watch a millionaire spend their money.

I'm SUPER disappointed Sammit and LZ got in bed with Yashio. I know it's free advertising for him but it's so fucking cringe to see.

Quote:
LZ is making money because plebs like you click his shit to watch what outlandish shit he's doing with his money that day. He's literally spending the money he's making off of you in every video. I am jealous that I didn't do some stupid shit like that. Y'all are dumb as fuck.
My favorite is when someone I know is like "Man I hate Sammit/LZ. In his latest video..."

DUDE. You're giving them fucking views!

My buddies and I constantly wonder why 'car people' on social media can't just be 'normal' about their cars. If they're dudes, they're trying to replicate the Golden Era or start a new wave, if they're girls there's always an equal amount of posts with them in Yoga pants facing away from the camera.

I'd love to start a channel one day about periodic maintenance/upgrades to my cars and just be fucking n o r m a l about it.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:01 PM   #2059
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Please dont count me in that group...i have no care for him or anyother youtube ig fanboi but its usually all the talk and rage what there upto.... i was just asking his opinion...seems we agree
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:05 PM   #2060
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'd love to start a channel one day about periodic maintenance/upgrades to my cars and just be fucking n o r m a l about it.

**unsubscribed**
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:23 PM   #2061
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post

**unsubscribed**
LOL yeah it sounds bad when you read it.

I'd just like to be a 'solution' instead of angrily bitching about the state of things.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:57 PM   #2062
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i've been watching papadakis racing channel lately. if anyone deserves the youtube fame, it's stephen (not that he needs it). really good at teaching and explaining and doing shit THE RIGHT WAY, which is very refreshing. 99% of the youtube car dweebs bring nothing to the table and do shit that LITERALLY anyone could do with an ounce of effort and a teaspoon of inspiration.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:50 PM   #2063
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
I take great pleasure in utilizing the "Don't recommend channel" option on youtube. Like [emoji867].

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:38 AM   #2064
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

I think what's even worse is TJ Hunt and that THROTTLE fuck boy group. Building EXTREMELY stupid shit, smashing it into a wall and then being like, no worries. I have all this disposable income - I'll just go get a Ferrari. ROFLCOPTER.

Y'all are sheep. They're like the new MONSTER sticker all those fucking vaping douchers had on everything which later turned into HOONIGAN which later turned into TJ/LZ.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:46 AM   #2065
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
well that's what makes the money! I don't think I could sleep at night acting like that lol!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:58 AM   #2066
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
A normal channel about periodic maintenance sounds super fucking boring.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:24 AM   #2067
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
just wear a clown nose and it will be the new hot video!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:39 AM   #2068
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
A normal channel about periodic maintenance sounds super fucking boring.
What if that normal maintenance is being done by an etot?

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:59 AM   #2069
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
i've been watching papadakis racing channel lately. if anyone deserves the youtube fame, it's stephen (not that he needs it). really good at teaching and explaining and doing shit THE RIGHT WAY, which is very refreshing. 99% of the youtube car dweebs bring nothing to the table and do shit that LITERALLY anyone could do with an ounce of effort and a teaspoon of inspiration.
THIS. Steph is one of the only youtube car channels I can stand to watch.
He knows his shit, and pays attention to every last detail in his builds.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #2070
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
THIS. Steph is one of the only youtube car channels I can stand to watch.
He knows his shit, and pays attention to every last detail in his builds.
And has an endless supply of money.

Imagine if someone gave a fuck about their shit as much as he does but isn't rich as hell and did shit at a pace that wasn't absurd for the normal Joe?