Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Here you will find News & Announcements Related to the website.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:09 AM   #1
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

Trader Rating: (0)
West has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to West
Thumbs up Major Upgrade in Progress!

The site was disabled the later part of today for the start of a major upgrade and reconstruction. I finished the first part of the process and will continue to work on the site as time permits. Expect Zilvia.net to have a new layout very soon. We are converting to a Content Management System that will allow us to easily maintain the website and have everything integrated. The days to follow we will implement the CMS and convert the webs content into that system.

Today I upgraded to vBulletin 3.5 as well as converted the Member Rides section to work with vB 3.5.

If you see anything that doesn’t look right or isn’t working please inform me ASAP! Thanks!
Old 12-05-2005, 01:31 AM   #2
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
woot logout works finally!
good job
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:38 AM   #3
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quick Reply is not working for me. Clicking on a quick reply Icon doesn't open up the quick reply box. Stays grayed out.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:57 AM   #4
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i used the quick reply box for this post
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:11 AM   #5
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
quick reply doesn't work for me either, but i'm looking forward to the changes!

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
kingsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:44 AM   #6
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
So.... what's new? Other than the different shades of gray for member stuff vs. post? And logout fixed?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:48 AM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quick reply doesn't work for me as well.

I use Mozilla, if that makes any difference.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:49 AM   #8
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
You have to click the little button next to quote first on the last post in the thread.. then it works.

*Ooohh.. there's spell check too.

Edit posts is different... AIM contact is in post info...
Kinda takes some getting used to.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:56 AM   #9
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
Can't use the insert pic/email/link/smilies buttons
but then again I am using Mozilla Firefox.
BTW, It worked before.

John
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:00 AM   #10
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
quick reply is working for me.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:11 AM   #11
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

It works, it’s just grayed out.

You must click on the quick reply for this message that is on the lower right of the users post you want to reply too. The image looks like the one below. This makes more since so now it will know what post you are replying to and will quote their post if you choose too.

Edit posts is part of the new system where it wont require you do go to a new page to edit your post. This is a great benefit to the server and the user.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:20 AM   #12
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeST
It works, it’s just grayed out.

You must click on the quick reply for this message that is on the lower right of the users post you want to reply too. The image looks like the one below. This makes more since so now it will know what post you are replying to and will quote their post if you choose too.

Edit posts is part of the new system where it wont require you do go to a new page to edit your post. This is a great benefit to the server and the user.
Nope. I have 3.5 on another board and know how it works. Nothing happens when you click the Icon. I went onto another forum and posted just to make sure and it works fine.

When I click edit it takes me to an Advanced Editing page. Doesn't open up a box within the post like on other forums.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:24 AM   #13
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

What browser are you using just in case? Everything works for me. Ill have to look into this.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:23 AM   #14
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

P4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Test. My QR worked!
P4rD0nM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:24 AM   #15
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

P4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of light
When I tried opening the 'Member's Ride' section it gives me this error message.

Code:
Warning: main(./vbgconfig.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \vbgarage.php on line 216

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './vbgconfig.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\Zilvia.net\f\vbgarage.php on line 216
P4rD0nM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:59 AM   #16
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3
When I tried opening the 'Member's Ride' section it gives me this error message.

Code:
Warning: main(./vbgconfig.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \vbgarage.php on line 216

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './vbgconfig.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\Zilvia.net\f\vbgarage.php on line 216
http://www.zilvia.net/f/vbpicgallery.php?

This is the new Members Rides. A bit different however. Its the only option we had in order to proceed with the site.

I will update the top menu tonight and install the CMS so the menu will be re done then as well.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:21 AM   #17
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeST
What browser are you using just in case? Everything works for me. Ill have to look into this.
Hey Mark, I disabled the 'require click' option, so the box should be white by default now.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #18
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

Strange, I did the same but it erased my post I had typed in the QR so I reenabled the required click for QR. I guess if this works we will keep it this way.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #19
JohnC
Zilvia Junkie

JohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of lightJohnC is a glorious beacon of light
FireFox works now.
Thanks.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:10 PM   #20
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
how does one get a vbgallery? also quick reply works on firefox for me.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #21
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

Its part of the Premium Memberships.

Also, Premium Memberships are about to become extra PREMIUM.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:49 PM   #22
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
edit window in window is fricken sweet

its like my tv picture in picture

dope, we movin into the 2006 forum technology ya heard!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #23
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
quick reply
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:16 PM   #24
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

RJF has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products
dope, we movin into the 2006 forum technology ya heard!
That's why Zilvia is the best Nissan 240 Forum out there.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #25
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
The Rep System seems to have a bug or two. When I click the scales to Rep someone, it no longer opens a secondary small window. Instead it loads a completely new page. Anyone else experience this?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:09 PM   #26
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
yup, there's no longer a secondary window.

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
kingsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:43 PM   #27
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

same deal^^
Old 12-05-2005, 10:06 PM   #28
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

Im not sure how the old rep system worked so I am unsure as to what secondary window this would be.

It seems to be working, maybe its just differnt than before. I will look into the settings to see if I can adjust anything.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:23 PM   #29
mrmephistopheles

The previous setup was to open a small pop-up and leave the current page alone. Once the rep was entered, the popup closed itself returning you to the original page.
I was unable to find any option for that just now (but I only spent a minute looking).

I like that we have a censored word that nobody will ever use.

****!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:25 AM   #30
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
OOO quick reply worky now... I like the new update and the HUGE names. . .hahaha

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote