Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 PM   #61
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Eh, you gotta give him slack you, I'd give him props for atleast not going for the missile look.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #62
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I use to be annoyed and distraught by the amount of ugly and piss poor built 240's.

And then eventually I got over it.

Now I don't even car anymore.

I find it hard enough to care about my own car at times. So I for sure can't care about some kid and theirs.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #63
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I use to be annoyed and distraught by the amount of ugly and piss poor built 240's.

And then eventually I got over it.

Now I don't even car anymore.

I find it hard enough to care about my own car at times. So I for sure can't care about some kid and theirs.
LOL! "Now I don't even car anymore." So do you horse anymore then? HAHA!
Old 04-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #64
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
(anyone who tells you about how many s chassis they owned, does NOT love 240s, for instance. Especially if they ever parted a un-wrecked car.)
How did I let this BS comment get by. I have owned many 240's I have no problem mentioning it. I have been into them for well over 14 years. I have parted out un-wrecked cars and then rebuilt them. Does that automatically mean I don't love them. Not unless your SN is mechanical Moron which pretty much explains the silliness of the statement made by said person in the first place.

Love of the car has nothing to do with how many you owned or did not own or how many you have parted out or not. Un-wrecked or not. It has to do with did you wind up being into them for longer than a couple of years. Did you absolutely enjoy driving them. If you can say yes then you probably loved or love your 240.
Fact is I do love/like the car. Fact is it is different these days. Fact is shit changes. Move along , go forward.
Fact is I did love and do love Datsun 510's 240Z's . Does it mean I have to won them forever? No, it may mean I might want own one forever.

I happen to love my M3 in the short time I have had it. Does it mean I would like to keep it? Possibly, does it mean I might change my mind in the future? There is that chance. People grow,evolve and change nothing really is a constant in the bigger scheme of things.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 04-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #65
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
How did I let this BS comment get by. I have owned many 240's I have no problem mentioning it. I have been into them for well over 14 years. I have parted out un-wrecked cars and then rebuilt them. Does that automatically mean I don't love them. Not unless your SN is mechanical Moron which pretty much explains the silliness of the statement made by said person in the first place.

Love of the car has nothing to do with how many you owned or did not own or how many you have parted out or not. Un-wrecked or not. It has to do with did you wind up being into them for longer than a couple of years. Did you absolutely enjoy driving them. If you can say yes then you probably loved or love your 240.
Fact is I do love/like the car. Fact is it is different these days. Fact is shit changes. Move along , go forward.
Fact is I did love and do love Datsun 510's 240Z's . Does it mean I have to won them forever? No, it may mean I might want own one forever.

I happen to love my M3 in the short time I have had it. Does it mean I would like to keep it? Possibly, does it mean I might change my mind in the future? There is that chance. People grow,evolve and change nothing really is a constant in the bigger scheme of things.
If you ruin something salvageable or un-damaged with no reason, you don't love it. Pretty simple.

If you had something to say that could stand on it's own, my screen name would have nothing to do with this - that's about as valid as if I said you're obviously lying about being old enough to drive, because you can't spell freak.

Racepar, you obviously missed the pictures of that guy's car (in someone ELSE'S build thread). If I recall correctly, it says "race gas", and the sticker is crooked - what could make it a more legit build? Does YOUR car say race gas, despite running on 87 octane fumes? Nah, didn't think so.... you'll never have a build like him, go back to your poser formula cars
Old 04-27-2014, 05:46 PM   #66
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
LOL! "Now I don't even car anymore." So do you horse anymore then? HAHA!
I bet he doesn't give a truck what people say.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #67
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
If you ruin something salvageable or un-damaged with no reason, you don't love it. Pretty simple.

If you had something to say that could stand on it's own, my screen name would have nothing to do with this - that's about as valid as if I said you're obviously lying about being old enough to drive, because you can't spell freak.

Racepar, you obviously missed the pictures of that guy's car (in someone ELSE'S build thread). If I recall correctly, it says "race gas", and the sticker is crooked - what could make it a more legit build? Does YOUR car say race gas, despite running on 87 octane fumes? Nah, didn't think so.... you'll never have a build like him, go back to your poser formula cars
Getting low-balled to hell trying to sell a car so you ended up parting it out to recoup the most amount of money not reason enough?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #68
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:

If you had something to say that could stand on it's own, my screen name would have nothing to do with this - that's about as valid as if I said you're obviously lying about being old enough to drive, because you can't freak

You make a lot of assumptions and speak subjectively none of which qualifies your opening statement. Nothing simple just an assumption used as a fact. It does not qualify if the person loves it or not.

My statements stand on their own to the point that the only comeback you could muster was to call out my statement about your SN . Do you really want to prove your SN is actually the tip of the iceberg?

Your last sentence also is pretty damn senseless. It's a very poor attempt at trying to make a witty analogy.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 04-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #69
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
eh i dont hangout with the local 240sx scene i just hang with 2 other guys ive known for like 7 years who still drive their koukis. We are just a bunch of old farts.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #70
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to have noticed a shift lately.
It seems like these days the forums and for sale ads are flooded with uneducated language. That may just be the biggest thing that upsets me. Half the time I can't even understand what someone is trying to say. It seems as though this new generation was never told the difference between "sell" and "sale" or "then" and "than."
The other thing that bugs me is the amount of kids that buy cars in good condition, only to gut the interior and slap stickers on every available inch of the car. I don't understand the "LOOK AT ME!!!" style, especially when a majority of these kids just cut their springs to lower their car, install some cheap, loud exhaust, and don't even think about any real performance improvements. It seems that in this "scene" it's more important to have a car that "looks cool" than anything else. Which is how we've arrived at a point where kids will rivet over fenders onto their car and then slap 50mm spacers behind their seven inch wide wheels to make it look "cool."
The only thing I can say is just ignore it. These kids don't really care about their cars, and within ten years they'll be onto the next "in" thing. For the rest of us, just try to ignore the 240 tourists, which is all they really are.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #71
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!