Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: AC or no?
I have an SR with AC 85 34.69%
I have an SR without AC 160 65.31%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #31
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I could have kept the A/C with my SR swap, but it is a really heavy system and my car is heavy enough as is. Also, not having A/C in a vert is not a big deal, having sunscreen is probably more important.
bc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #32
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Mike,

The big thing with your E chassis is that you need to get EVERYTHING from a DOHC car to make it work, lines/condensor/compressor etc.

Luckily the wiring is via chassis harness, so if the people doing the conversion wire wise (I know you did, just saying in general for those curious to it) do it correctly, it all works just like OEM

For reference, my brackets also don't require any custom lines;they were designed to work with the KA lines and to plug/play just like OEM. Some cars do require you to inbolt the one gromet on the firewall behind the head for some clearnence room around dump tubes and stuff, and other cars don't (which leads me to believe Nissan changed line suppliers at some time). The pulleys also line up perfectly.

Another thing to look into, is to make sure you compare what parts you have with my guide, as there are instances (albiet rare) where S13 cars will have the newer S14 parts on them (mid year 93/94 seem to be back and forth). Why Nissan did that is beyond me.

Funny irony of it all: I don't have AC on my car, I need to make custom lines on the passenger side (from the drier to the firewall) to clear my oil cooler stuff. as I wanted to isntall it using existing holes in the frame rail. Go figure the guy who sells the kits doesn't even have a working system on his car huh?!?! haha.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #33
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
I have an sr w/fully functional a/c and digital climate control hit up ken flores he can hook it up =) I'll post pics later

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #34
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
you should have added KA with AC =)
Old 07-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #35
Exiled 240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Exiled 240 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i have a ka without AC. its not needed, we have windows!!!
Exiled 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:26 PM   #36
92SEric240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
92SEric240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
CodyAce kit for the win!!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #37
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i have no ac and i dd it. ac's for pussies!!! lol just kidding, but even when i drive cars with it i never turn it on. i like the windows down
Old 08-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #38
s13Kurt
Zilvia Member

s13Kurt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
i have no ac and i dd it. ac's for pussies!!! lol just kidding, but even when i drive cars with it i never turn it on. i like the windows down
Lol I was hardcore when I was 18 too.........then I figured I was tired of stepping out of my car with sweaty back. You'll learn soon.
s13Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #39
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
LOL no ac w/ gf in car = NOT COOL

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #40
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13Kurt View Post
Lol I was hardcore when I was 18 too.........then I figured I was tired of stepping out of my car with sweaty back. You'll learn soon.
haha yeah your probably right. but i dont sweat unless its over 100 degrees which happens rarely in NY so its all good. im from the caribbean so ny heat is nothing incomparision
Old 08-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #41
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

[QUOTE=usdm180sx;4201487]LOL no ac w/ gf in car = NOT COOL[QUOTE]

forget girls; spend the money on the car. if she loves me, she'd do the same..............lol
Old 08-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #42
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
haha yeah your probably right. but i dont sweat unless its over 100 degrees which happens rarely in NY so its all good. im from the caribbean so ny heat is nothing incomparision
I tell quite a few kits to that area, you must be a tough one! haah. j/k!

FWIW: I have sold 3 kits to Tobago....close enough no?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #43
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I tell quite a few kits to that area, you must be a tough one! haah. j/k!

FWIW: I have sold 3 kits to Tobago....close enough no?
haha yeah. Tobago is beautiful. i havent been in trini in 6 years though. i miss it
Old 08-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #44
codyace
Post Whore!

I always offer free kits if someone flies me there, no one takes me up on it. Off topic: One of the prettiest girls I know is from Trinidad, yum yum.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #45
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
no A/C for the new car build (sr powered vehicle). but i do have A/C in my DD (non sr) hah
Old 08-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #46
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I wanna know if anyone has figured out how to retain your A/C with the PBM HMIC... I live in Texas! I want the HMIC, but I don't wanna die!
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #47
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I wanna know if anyone has figured out how to retain your A/C with the PBM HMIC... I live in Texas! I want the HMIC, but I don't wanna die!
I'd also like to know as well (I'd like to use their kit). I haven't found anyone who has though
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #48
spirit
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
spirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant futurespirit has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My first 240 w/ SR had A/C but it was a expensive to keep working right. Needed to swap the turbo, shop doing it didn't have an evacuater so had to pay $200 later to get it re-filled. Car didn't idle up when it was on, so often I had to reach over turn it off when coming to a stop. The last straw was one morning (didn't use the A/C for the 50mile drive) parked, got out of the car, started to walk away, then BAM, one of the lines busted and put a nice freon fog in the underground parken lot. Sold that car some time ago (to buy a house). Now I have another sr 240, with OEM A/C delete, less weight, less problems, more fun.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #49
DinoMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
DinoMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
nismolvr did everything just bolt up with your setup? the redtop bracket, ka24de compressor, and the belt all lined up fine with no issues?
DinoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #50
rwtf
Zilvia Addict

rwtf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I'd also like to know as well (I'd like to use their kit). I haven't found anyone who has though
I know this thread is kinda old, but I've looking in to trying to get a/c with the HMIC.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #51
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwtf View Post
I know this thread is kinda old, but I've looking in to trying to get a/c with the HMIC.
It probably won't work with the HMIC due to it taking the place of the condensor. With that said, you could easily get custom lines to work for your application too.

Either way, if you are using an SR20 with a KA24 you will need to use one of my adapter kits to help you out

Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #52
rwtf
Zilvia Addict

rwtf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
It probably won't work with the HMIC due to it taking the place of the condensor. With that said, you could easily get custom lines to work for your application too.

Either way, if you are using an SR20 with a KA24 you will need to use one of my adapter kits to help you out
naw its s13 with s14 notch top, I thought about getting a small condenser like this Crown Automotive A/C Condenser 83505641 - Crown Automotive Parts & Accessories

and mount it in front of the latch support but behind the bash support.

I emailed them asking about the Dimensions of the condenser and fab something up. I really want to get it figured out and help other people with my situation