Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-09-2021, 09:24 AM   #91
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
The reason why I posted it here is because my situation illustrates the RISK every flipper/seller/importer/reseller/etc faces, there is an inherent risk in trying to procure parts to sell.
Of course there's risk involved, no one said otherwise. The major difference between you and the other guys is that you offer a unique product/service in procuring factory Nissan parts instead of selling used JDM parts for prices based on hype and flame emoji's. That's really unfortunate with the price hikes on the container. Maybe you can wait until it gets cheaper or you find another service? I don't think you are locked in to any ETA last time I checked..
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2021, 09:35 AM   #92
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Of course there's risk involved, no one said otherwise. The major difference between you and the other guys is that you offer a unique product/service in procuring factory Nissan parts instead of selling used JDM parts for prices based on hype and flame emoji's. That's really unfortunate with the price hikes on the container. Maybe you can wait until it gets cheaper or you find another service? I don't think you are locked in to any ETA last time I checked..
His service isn't unique. There are plenty of people who can sell you and fulfill an order on NISMO shit. Mav just happens to be the DunderMifflin of the parts world. He has customer service, honesty and transparency working in his corner. If I had a need to purchase anything that I knew he carried, he'd get my business. I don't even price shop. No need to. The benefits of everything else outweighs saving $6.29 post-tax.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 09:42 AM   #93
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
His service isn't unique. There are plenty of people who can sell you and fulfill an order on NISMO shit. Mav just happens to be the DunderMifflin of the parts world. He has customer service, honesty and transparency working in his corner. If I had a need to purchase anything that I knew he carried, he'd get my business. I don't even price shop. No need to. The benefits of everything else outweighs saving $6.29 post-tax.
Tell me where I can get brand new Euro-spec kouki s14 headlights BNIB anywhere else. To my knowledge these aren't an "add to cart" type of transaction and require someone with some connections. He may not be 1/1 million, but what he offers is pretty unique imo.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:07 AM   #94
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
You could have asked me. I have three pairs that came with my Euro-spec S14a.

Still have a full kit left, too.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:11 AM   #95
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
You could have asked me. I have three pairs that came with my Euro-spec S14a.

Still have a full kit left, too.
well shit, that was a bad example lmao

I haven't seen anyone else offer the items on his spreadsheet from Nissan is what I meant.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:05 AM   #96
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I don't think telling someone they are comparing themselves to shitbags when they are not a shitbag is toxic. I think it's wholesome Zilvia content.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:38 AM   #97
spooled240
Post Whore!

We're complimenting someone in the most toxic way possible #zilvia
Old 07-09-2021, 05:45 PM   #98
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
You buying parts via Nissan is not the same as someone using Streeter, buyee, or Crooober. I get the point you're making, but you investing in a container with the risk of it being delayed, pulled and expected, or having COVID happen isn't the same.

Selling stuff as a business via FPO is not authorized. I have been asked (when sourcing parts for friends) at the post office if I am a business. If your (strange) argument was that they were tanking the market, shouldn't you respect them for 'knowing how to hustle'?

Everyone was/is complaining about Crooober/UpGarage.

For the thousandth time: you are putting these dudes on the same level as you. They are not. They do not have containers with BNIB parts from the factory or a legitimate business, let alone a contact at any of these companies. Do you understand my point?
Actually that's where you and I differ on opinion.

Anyone that fronts money to buy something, to sell a month later or a year later is doing the same thing, putting money out there to procure goods and resell for a profit.

I've seen plenty of people ship from overseas post office, I've been the receiver of probably 2 dozen purchases prior to about 2006, all from APO/FPO address via Ebay. Whether it's legal or not isn't the issue, I bring it up because I am just listing what I would've spent my time complaining about if I were to make a list of things to complain about regarding scams and flippers.

As for me putting myself on whatever flipper's level... see my first point above. People can be a legitimate seller and not have a resale permit. People can part out cars for a hefty profit and not report any of that income properly. Almost every person has done that, so are we to broadly label those that don't report income in a legitimate manner as people that are untrustworthy or otherwise a scammer/flipper, according to this thread? Most states in the US require you to report *any* type of personal sales as income, but most people don't bother to report this if it's a cash transaction.

My point is this: you front the cash, you can do whatever you want. Who cares. That's my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
mav still seems to be hell bent on beating himself down to Sjerin's level because that's what happens when you simp for capitalism.
See above. If you want to think of me "beating" down to some level that I'm not even aware of, then that is your opinion.

Quote:
I can keep waiting, but I'm already about 8 months past my initial deadline.

Quote:
Quote:
Tell me where I can get brand new Euro-spec kouki s14 headlights BNIB anywhere else. To my knowledge these aren't an "add to cart" type of transaction and require someone with some connections. He may not be 1/1 million, but what he offers is pretty unique imo.
Nothing about what I do is unique other than the fact that I was willing to go do the trouble of getting pricing.. beyond that, nothing is new. Nismo parts were readily available out of Japan via RHDJapan/Nengun/Blackhawk/etc, and their FedEx or EMS pricing were things I could not compete with. Additionally, my cost on most Nismo parts is actually higher than the street/retail price shown on most of the sites I've mentioned.

As for genuine Nissan parts there are also sources for existing shops to buy from if they've been in business long enough, but it also means you own the entire supply chain logistics process from start to finish like me. But it also means you find out just as I did, Nissan will list products as "available to order" but not fulfill it months later. This is probably why so many people say parts are discontinued, because they keep getting betrayed by Nissan.

I don't even need to explain any of what I do, but the reason why I am explaining is that people talk down on the flippers like they are evil because they come and go like locusts and provide nothing for the community. So what? As long as they're not selling fake products or scamming you out of money, more power to them.

Last year I bought about $500+ worth of various S13/14 Nissan brochures from a guy in Australia. This was 100% a flip for probably 2-3x his cost on the product from Japan originally, but I was fine with paying the pricing. The batch included about 3 or 4 brochures that I wanted, rest were just throwaway.

Why do I bring this up? Because the guy selling it saved me the trouble of sourcing the stuff on my own, and with EMS being suspended out of Japan it also meant it would've been harder to ship out of Japan had I been looking for it.

Every overpriced item out there will have someone willing to buy it, it's no different than the S2000 or R35 GT-R marked up $10-30k when it first came out... the markup will stay there as long as people keep willing to pay for it.

Does that make the dealer shady? I guess most people will think they are.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 03:57 PM   #99
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Yeah, losing a box (read: not container) that requires 0 extra fees (handling, customs, transportation) beyond paying for shipping is the same thing.

Totally. These are all people with high business acumen in the same boat as you. You've convinced me.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:42 PM   #100
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Yeah, losing a box (read: not container) that requires 0 extra fees (handling, customs, transportation) beyond paying for shipping is the same thing.
It is, actually.

If I had no real capital to invest with I'd just buy overseas from a broker and pay everything with credit card.

The only difference between that vs buying a container is that most purchases over a certain value would necessitate a wire transfer instead of payment via 3rd party financing.

There are also plenty of people out there that buy LCL or FCL shipments and flip for stupid money. Those are fewer though, they have a lot more working capital.

At this point you guys can think whatever you want. I've said my piece, if my opinion is not valid or otherwise not a contribution to this thread, then so be it.

Have fun.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 11:15 PM   #101
schassis240

Trader Rating: (0)
schassis240 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you want a banner for your man cave or something?
schassis240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 08:15 AM   #102
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by schassis240 View Post
you want a banner for your man cave or something?
This is a worthwhile addition to the thread and I have made sure to enshrine it as such.

It's interesting to see pricing of vintage performance parts or NOS factory option parts for Nissans reaching and sometimes exceeding the price of comparable air-cooled Porsche parts, while the cars remain significantly less valuable.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 08:40 AM   #103
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Maybe it's because I don't spend enough time on the right parts of 'modern' social media sites, I'm honestly just confused where a lot of that stuff ends up going. Same with the super clean stock cars that get bid to the moon.

I'll grant that I don't have a social media presence myself and there are probably a lot of guys like me that are interested in restorations and preservation and unique old parts that aren't out there showing off their cars all the time. And they apparently have more money than me.

But there's this bizarre dichotomy between the 240SX community I actually see online - the kids on reddit and facebook groups with drift missiles full of knockoff and chinese parts, the zilvia crowd who just fabricates everything new rather than buying old outdated JDM parts - and the seemingly bottomless market for $1000 NISMO OLD LOGO swag and $20,000 pristine preserved cars on BAT.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:12 AM   #104
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Maybe it's because I don't spend enough time on the right parts of 'modern' social media sites, I'm honestly just confused where a lot of that stuff ends up going. Same with the super clean stock cars that get bid to the moon.
i honestly dont think theres much that will sort out said confusion. to us older dudes, the modern 240sx world is a very strange place

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:09 AM   #105
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

There is not a single 'old logo NISMO' piece to me that is worth what it was when it was new - if it is still new. There is no allure to paying astronomical prices for something 'old.' Maybe a piece for the man cave but I'm not paying SUPREME-Jordan-Pokemon-retro whatever pricing for it. Pass.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:10 AM   #106
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
See I used to be the prime market for that stuff but I've been priced out of it. I've got plenty of new/NOS parts on my car that I bought at new prices but I'm buying this stuff to use it not put it on a shelf like a Beanie Baby. Can't imagine buying a $2k steering wheel (that cost 40000 yen in 1995) and being afraid to get my skin oils on the leather.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 08:13 AM   #107
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
See I used to be the prime market for that stuff but I've been priced out of it. I've got plenty of new/NOS parts on my car that I bought at new prices but I'm buying this stuff to use it not put it on a shelf like a Beanie Baby. Can't imagine buying a $2k steering wheel (that cost 40000 yen in 1995) and being afraid to get my skin oils on the leather.
You also have to understand the only reason someone buys that shit is because of the cool nostalgia factor - not because it's the best product for the application on the market. We've come a long way and have advanced quite a bit with technology - 40 year old parts just ain't it. Cool, but not cool enough for me to dump a paycheck on something stupid to hang from a zip-tie in my garage as a conversational piece.