Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-17-2020, 04:19 PM   #1
NashT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
92 KA idle air control valve

Hey guys, I recently deleted my AC and when fishing the hardline from the firewall I snapped off one of the sensors on my IACV.

No worries though, I bought a new one from Z1.

Go to change it out and notice the pigtail plugs on the new unit are different. It has S14 style sensor plugs.

Unpon further research, every new IACV i can find seem to be the newer version. Quick tab pigtails, opposed to mine which have the wire strap that looks like a paper clip.

Do you know if I can just use a manifold harness from an S14/ is the wiring all the same? I found one on ebay for $35 bucks.

Im thinking swap the intake harness or just cut and butt connect the 2 IACV pigtails.

Thanks
NashT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2020, 08:13 PM   #2
NashT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey guys, i got the used lower intake in, took off the idle air valve and the manifold harness.

Cleaned valve and installed on my manifold w new gasket.

Upon connecting the intake harness I noticed this harness does not have the pigtail for the egr temp sensor.
It has not been spliced out, its simply not a part of it. The main pigtail that connects by the throttle body is missing 2 wires when comparing to the one I removed.

Started engine and idles and runs perfect.

My question is will I have any kind of issues not running the egr temp sensor?
Emissions and EGR has been deleted, so I cant see if making a difference.

I just dont know if beyond having a potential code if that sensor would cause any kind of limp mode?
NashT is offline   Reply With Quote