Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #121
D1S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
D1S13 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
hope the powdercoat was free! super money waster if you had to pay for each item. Could have/should have started with a westcoast s14 shell, but AWESOME WORK!!!!!!! NON THE LESS- LOOKS SUPER FUN!

www.teamtopflight.blogspot.com
D1S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #122
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
S14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
awesome stuff kiddo!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1S13 View Post
hope the powdercoat was free! super money waster if you had to pay for each item. Could have/should have started with a westcoast s14 shell, but AWESOME WORK!!!!!!! NON THE LESS- LOOKS SUPER FUN!
Yea I get all my powdercoating done for free. My brother works there so I got the hookup haha... Surprisingly this car is a west-coast car. The original owner had lived in california but then moved to new york. I was really surprised to find as much rot as I did but whatever, its fixed the proper way now. I guess thats the price you have to pay when you live in shitty NY haha
Old 02-10-2012, 04:39 AM   #123
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
this is going SOOO WELL
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #124
Buddy

Trader Rating: (0)
Buddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Driftr91 View Post
Thanks!

Yea I get all my powdercoating done for free. My brother works there so I got the hookup haha... Surprisingly this car is a west-coast car. The original owner had lived in california but then moved to new york. I was really surprised to find as much rot as I did but whatever, its fixed the proper way now. I guess thats the price you have to pay when you live in shitty NY haha
Awesome work dude, i just wrapped up the whole rear end off mine over winter. Same thing, bushes, powdercoat, adjustable arms etc etc.

Looking really good man. Though, you think thats a lot of rot, should see some of the sbodies from across the pond

Keep it up man, look forward to the updates...
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #125
project-D180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
project-D180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
sweet build bro
project-D180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #126
wattupbaii
Leaky Injector

wattupbaii is an unknown quantity at this point
how long has this build been going on?
wattupbaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #127
hellaflush95

hellaflush95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome build man its really looking good
hellaflush95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #128
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

S14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
this is going SOOO WELL
Quote:
Originally Posted by project-D180 View Post
sweet build bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellaflush95 View Post
Awesome build man its really looking good
Thanks alot guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
Awesome work dude, i just wrapped up the whole rear end off mine over winter. Same thing, bushes, powdercoat, adjustable arms etc etc.

Looking really good man. Though, you think thats a lot of rot, should see some of the sbodies from across the pond

Keep it up man, look forward to the updates...
Haha I shouldn't complain too much. It was just a few little spots here and there. I've seen some where its like holy sh*t what has happen to this car? haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattupbaii View Post
how long has this build been going on?
I started back in November of 2010 so its been a little over a year. It's been a long ass time since i've gotten to enjoy this car. It would have been nice to have this done all time ago but between going to school, working as much as I can and still having a social life, it's tough. My car and every thing that has been done to it is all out of my pocket.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #129
hellaflush95

hellaflush95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thanks alot guys!

Haha I shouldn't complain too much. It was just a few little spots here and there. I've seen some where its like holy sh*t what has happen to this car? haha.

I started back in November of 2010 so its been a little over a year. It's been a long ass time since i've gotten to enjoy this car. It would have been nice to have this done all time ago but between going to school, working as much as I can and still having a social life, it's tough. My car and every thing that has been done to it is all out of my pocket.

ya i hear ya i got mine october 2010 and i still dont have its all finished but im hopping to have it done by this spring
hellaflush95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #130
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Nice nice. If everything goes as planned you guys will be seeing more of this car by spring/summer time.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #131
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Alright so the last update I posted, I had gotten the differential and the subframe ready to be installed. Here is a bunch of pictures of what has been going on the past few weeks...

It's a shitty picture, but here is the subframe ready to be reunited with its mother

Made sure I put some anti-seize on the bolts...

After waiting for about 3 months, these finally showed up!

Por-15-ed all the arms and then sprayed them gloss black

Since the incident with my coilovers... im terrified of rust and shit binding up so I use anti-seize like its going out of style.

I'm going to need to get me some nice rotors! Here's everything loosely bolted together

In the meantime I was going back and forth with parts. My front knuckles/hubs looked hideous. The dust guard was rusting away so I figured I would do with out it.

To remove the metal guards I found where the spot welds were and went at them with my spot weld drill bit.

I then saved the ABS hub guard to be re-welded on.

Re-fitted...

And finally Por'ed!

Unfortunately since I had to cut off the brackets on my coils, I had to purchase new ones. I also bought two new collars because mine were all chewed up from vise grips and pliers. Thank god for the helpful staff over at Stance for hooking me up with a little deal! These fresh new pieces came within under a week!

After a quick picture, I got to work.

Anti-seize and silcone spray...

Time to be installed!

More updates coming this week!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #132
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Looking good...Thanks for the updates
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #133
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

I kinda let this thread die down but ive been plenty busy... Here's whats been going on...

I last posted what I had done to some of the suspension. Since I had coated the rear suspension arms in the POR-15, I also did the same to the flcas. Here is how they were when pulled from the car.

Busted up ball joints and all around looking nasty.

Cleaned up and coated in the POR.

After everything I sprayed them gloss black and cleared them.

The steering rack also got a touch up, POR coated and then sprayed gloss black.

New Moog ball joints and outer tie rod ends.

Unfortunately when installing the ball joints, I f*cked up the paint.

Time to go back together...

The universal joint on my steering column had seen better days so I picked up a used one from a member on here.

NY vs. CA lol

Going into the bay, there was a few needs that just didnt meet my standards. One being the fusebox...

Scratched up, dirty, and faded.

Final product sprayed with SEM trim paint.

Polished up the ABS unit so it didn't look as hideous as it does.

Cruise control painted as well with SEM trim paint.

Cleaned out the power steering reservoir the best I could.

And here's a picture of the Wiring Specialties harness going in.

A friend and I took a trip down to queens to visit the guys at JDM Engine World. There, we picked up my s14 sr20 and a k20 for my friend's project. Jack, the owner, and all his employees maintain a friendly, and well kept business. They were all great guys and answered all our questions and did not try and rush us one bit. If anyone around is looking to buy any type of motor, I definitely recommend calling Jack down at JDM Engine World. A+++ service

The shop's gorgeous s14.

Last edited by S14Driftr91; 06-04-2012 at 10:25 PM..
S14Driftr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #134
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Since you are such a detail whore like me you will love this. The best 16 bucks i spent

Fuse Box Covers
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #135
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Since you are such a detail whore like me you will love this. The best 16 bucks i spent

Fuse Box Covers
Haha already have it in mind! Thanks
Old 08-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #136
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Any progress updates?
Old 08-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #137
1jzjoey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
1jzjoey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
rename this to Epic build of the century
1jzjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #138
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nice build! SEM trim paint is epic...I gotta pick some up.
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #139
first_choice
Leaky Injector

first_choice is an unknown quantity at this point
just bought my first zenki this week and this build is an inspiration for where i may begin to clean it up.
first_choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #140
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okinawandrifter87 View Post
Any progress updates?
Yes ive been slacking big time on my build thread, not enough time to sit down and write haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LLEST.S13 View Post
rename this to Epic build of the
century
Haha glad you like what you see! Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0fa king View Post
Nice build! SEM trim paint is epic...I gotta pick some up.
Thank you and yes, SEM products are very excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by first_choice View Post
just bought my first zenki this week and this build is an inspiration for where i may begin to clean it up.
Congrats on buying one, theyre definitely fun cars. Thank you.

On with a update since its been forever... I need to take the time to catch up to where I am one night. ANYWAY...

When I got the motor home, I started tearing some of it down to inspect it further more and to rid of some of the oem parts. I started with taking the tranny off so I could get the motor on the stand. I also took the valve cover off to be powder coated.

Welcome to your new home! haha

Oem clutch to be replaced.

The parts that were going to be powder coated were dropped off right away so I could get them back ASAP.

Boring, plain, ugly...

Gorgeous...

While I was it I also took the sway bars and had them coated as well.

The engine was dirty from sitting in the warehouse, covered in dust, grease and grime, I had to take care of that. I went to autozone and picked up a small wire brush and a few cans of engine degreaser. I went to town spraying and scrubbing away till all looked decent.

In the process of cleaning the motor I put in on the engine stand. Here's just a few side/front/etc shots.

For only using a small ass brush I did the best I could, I'm happy with it. If I had the money and was tearing the entire motor down I would have hot tanked everything but that will come one day in the future.

Over the past year, I've had a parts pile piling up in my room... Finally the time has come to install all this.

Since I had the valve cover off already I decided the install the Tomei RAS first. I know some people are either for or against these. For me I'm not building a high boost building monster so I went ahead and bought them.

Tomei also provides step by step installation instructions so installing these is literally fool-proof.

Installed in about 15 min. Don't forget to torque all your bolts with the correct ft/lbs and pattern!

Haha here's one of my best friends, Tom, acting like hes doing serious work, even though he works at Nissan as a lot attendant, hes been learning a little here and there from the shop and me!

I'm in love with the teal

With the valve cover on, I figured I'd turn the motor over and work with the oil pan. The oem pan had a small dent in it which could be easily hammered out, but I planned on getting a bigger pan regardless. I decided to go with the Moroso, from 240sxmotoring. Being aluminum opposed to cast, it wouldn't break, just dent if something hit it...(at least I hope lol)

Scraped off the old nasty rtv sealer and hit it with a brillo pad for a clean surface.

Used some good old loc-tite on the threads because they do tend to spin pretty easily.

Lay a nice bead down of new sealer

Make sure every thing is tight and there you go. Finished!

A common thing to change when doing the SR swap... The thermostat. I went ahead and picked up this Nismo thermostat.

Picked up a new water pump as well, my old one seemed fine but hey, who knows how long this motor has been sitting.

Removing the studs can be a pain in arsss so do this with two nuts, and twist in the opposite direction of one another.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Some more rtv sealant..

Be back soon with more updates. Follow me on Instagay(gram) for some more pictures @Kreg_el
Old 08-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #141
sparkyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sparkyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Amazing build and amazing progress! subscribed
Old 08-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #142
zoneorigins

zoneorigins is an unknown quantity at this point
This is beautiful, attention to detail is just crazy, I'm looking for a s14 zenki at the moment and i thought i was the only one in the poughkeepsie area that loved 240sx's. Seriously awesome work man, keep at it! Hopefully i can get my future 240 to this state.
zoneorigins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #143
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneorigins View Post
This is beautiful, attention to detail is just crazy, I'm looking for a s14 zenki at the moment and i thought i was the only one in the poughkeepsie area that loved 240sx's. Seriously awesome work man, keep at it! Hopefully i can get my future 240 to this state.
Where about in the Poughkeepsie area are you? I'm right in Wappingers.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #144
zoneorigins

What a coincidence! I used to live in the Wappengers a couple years ago but now i live a little deep closer to the Beekman area in Poughquag. Its like a20 minute drive. That's awesome though someone in the area doing some sweet fab work Keep at it dude. I just wish i could find a nice rolling chassis near here... I have the dough but ones selling hahahah.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #145
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneorigins View Post
What a coincidence! I used to live in the Wappengers a couple years ago but now i live a little deep closer to the Beekman area in Poughquag. Its like a20 minute drive. That's awesome though someone in the area doing some sweet fab work Keep at it dude. I just wish i could find a nice rolling chassis near here... I have the dough but ones selling hahahah.
Alright yea I know where Beekman and Poughquag are. Thats cool! There's a few s14's around here, maybe 3? S13's keep poping up since all these kids fresh out of high school want to drift, anything rwd is cool to them but, theyre always wrecking them hah. If you find one let me know! My names is Craig by the way lol
Old 08-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #146
zoneorigins

Quote:
Alright yea I know where Beekman and Poughquag are. Thats cool! There's a few s14's around here, maybe 3? S13's keep poping up since all these kids fresh out of high school want to drift, anything rwd is cool to them but, theyre always wrecking them hah. If you find one let me know! My names is Craig by the way lol
Mine's James, and i definitely will, probably within the next few months, probably have to drive to the city or something but it'll happen. Just wondering though where is this shop where you keep sending your parts to get powdercoated? It looks like really high grade work.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #147
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Nice! I get all my parts done at Hudson Valley Powdercoating.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #148
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Ha, the only reason i know where poughkeepsie is was because of back in the day thats where heavy throttle used to be around.
Hey zone if you want a cheap running kouki lmk
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #149
zoneorigins

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Ha, the only reason i know where poughkeepsie is was because of back in the day thats where heavy throttle used to be around.
Hey zone if you want a cheap running kouki lmk
Definetly interested,Pm'ed!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #150
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sick as build bro!! I plan on going the s14 sr route as well so ill keep my eye on your thread.