Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-05-2020, 07:48 PM   #1
tschmidt55
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tschmidt55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s15 REVIEW S15 Reborn

Whats up Zilvia! my names Travis and i own a small performance shop in SW Ontario, been part of the Forum for a number of years now and I've always wanted to post up some of my builds, i believe I've found a project i'm working on worth sharing.

A lot of you may know this car, its had its fair share of fame in the drift world,

i do need to make clear this is NOT my car, BUT i am the one building it, so i thought id share the build progress and final result as we go,

this is the REVIEW S15, i saw this car on the forum/interwebs years ago and i actually had it as a wallpaper back then on my phone haha.

back in 2016 my pal Dylan, as you all know him as Sharpe_corners, had brought this car into Canada, i saw it when we went to pick up my brothers R32 from him, i was in shock, it was one of the coolest cars ive seen in person,

this car made its way around Canada for a bit until summer of 2019 where a buddy of mine picked up the car for a decent price, He brought the car over to me for a safety and a check over, did a couple of small things to the car, turbo line was leaking and did a handful of T2 gaskets, near the end of the summer he mentioned to me he didn't care for the SR20 anymore as it kept giving him problems, this was NOT the factory engine, as far as we know this engine was swapped out here in Canada at some point, so we figured it was time to part ways with the engine, even Tricky_AB came out and saw this car in person when i worked on his JZX and STI!

with the growing rate of SR20s theses days and finding a CLEAN Factory Sealed S15 SR20 was slim to nil we opted out for the notorious 1JZVVTI, as it happens i had my 1JZ VVTi for sale from my build as i have decided to go a different Route.

This is the donor engine i picked up in the winter of 2018, its a JZS171 1JZ VVti, was one of the CLEANEST engines i've ever bought from an importer, my signs in and around the engine, this thing has MAYBE 40k KM on it, super super clean, and will be perfect for this swap.

at this point were in September of 2019, due to winter coming up this car was put on the back burner till about now,

this past weekend we decided to finally throw the 1jz in for test fitment before we start the REAL work on the chassis,

we are running the COLLINS kit to adapt a e46 M3 6mt to the engine, i actually had a Collins CD-JZ swap for my build when i was still working on it, the quality of the parts i must say were pretty good, everything fit the way it was suppose to, despite the hate towards his kits that i've read into.

Engines sitting on the Xcessive MFG Mounts for schassis, the trans tho is just held up by a strap, Due to this COVID-19 pandemic going on i didn't have time to refill the TIG Gas so i could fab up a mount, that's next tho!

this build will be mild for now, stock turbo, ECUMaster Black, FMIC.. the good stuff, should make around 3-350 ish which should be plenty for the time being, the owner also has a R34 GTT which is his "prized possession" so once that car is done, we can make this car even more "Fun"

As Most of you know, this car has had its fair share of battle Wounds, quarter panel being smashed in, cut out and replaced, which i must say, seeing it in person with my own eyes, is pretty astonishing, the quality work that is, but the damage were the least happy about is the front end, it was pulled out back in japan and the frame is straight but the wrinkles in the wheel well isn't a pretty sight,

These are the tubs i made for my EXs Car back in 2017, was the first time making them and they turned out fantastic, so i showed my pal Ace (owner of this car) and he said he wanted those for his S15, didn't care what they cost, he just wanted his car to look even prettier,

Due to current times with COVID-19, we are deemed and essential service at my family shop so we will remain open, but with the fact that no one is out getting their car repaired we have tons of free time to get this cars ball rolling, over the next 2 months i will be updating this thread with as much photos as possible to keep you guys in the loop on how this build pans out, i'm excited, the owner is excited, i know some of the purists will resent me for putting a Toyota L6 into this car, but i know this build will turn out exactly how i envision it,

stay tuned!
tschmidt55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2020, 07:29 PM   #2
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Looks good man! You should resize your photos though, they’re huge AF LOL
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #3
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Dope 15, pics are YUUUUGE

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #4
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I'm into it, giant pictures and all. Nice, man.