Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
sr20s14koukikid

Trader Rating: (0)
sr20s14koukikid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR Notchtop sr20det ignition problems

Hey guys I'm in desperate need of help with this I am so aggravated already with my situation. So some lady hit me on Easter day and since then it's bein a couple of months already. I haven't had my car because, this whole time I have bein fixing out of my own pocket.My insurance was being not so helpfull let's just say. So before I didn't have any real issues with my car other than cooling. But I had it fixed long before the accident so meanwhile I fixed it out of my own pocket and it went along okay my car would turn on and everything but then out of nowhere I started having issues with my ignition. It was parked about two days at the body shop and it didn't want to start out of no where. No big problem we pushed it to the back and they did what they had to do. So then I loaded it on a trailer and took it to the mechanic to find out my "ecu fuse" went out is what they said so they replaced it and it was fine for a day then it happened again and I decided to look for myself and I switched two relays around and it sparked again it turned on I cranked it on and off a few times thinking this whole dilemma was over just to find out the hard way that it wasn't, I took it to a tattoo shop and got stranded there turns out that it wouldn't ignite again. The engine cranks and I can hear it pump the fuel and try and ignite but it has no spark once again. I'm out of ideas on what it could be and I don't want to buy a CAS just find out thats not my issue and I know it's not my timing because the while that I did get it running it idled fine and I rechecked my fuses in and out and switched any fuses that even looked dirty with no success. I'm out of clues and I need my baby desperately please help me out. Its a Nissan 240sx s14 with a s15 notchtop swap and a s14 blacktop tranny. Please any help would be greatly appriciated it's my daily and I'm so close to fixing it but all I need is this issue solved.

Last edited by sr20s14koukikid; 07-31-2012 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
sr20s14koukikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You have to retype that shit, or you'll get lame responses to your grammar.
I do have questions for you. Where did she hit you, What was the damage, and Did this all start after the accident or The stay at the shop?

You might not be getting, what I'm getting at? If, the harness has been damaged or pinched from the accident, I'll just consider your problem fixed!!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
sr20s14koukikid

Trader Rating: (0)
sr20s14koukikid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
She hit me on the passenger side fender and she caught my door a little but the Problem didn't start until it was at the body shop for about 3 days. And as far as my spelling I'm sorry it's a bit sloppy im doing this from my phone because I don't have a computer or a laptop to do this from. I appriciate the help
sr20s14koukikid is offline   Reply With Quote