Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

View Poll Results: When should we have the meet?
Friday night 8 14.55%
Saturday afternoon 12 21.82%
Saturday night 22 40.00%
Sunday afternoon 16 29.09%
Sunday night 11 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Somnambulist
Ohio Zilvian meet

So there's definitely enough people and interest. Let's make this happen. We definitely need a central location. So I'm thinking Columbus, obviously.

Now I'm not in Columbus, so if there IS anyone there, come up with some ideas on where we can meet that we won't get in trouble and they would be welcome to have us. Perhaps a cruise in at a food place. We (cincy guys) have good luck with car meets at food places because we give them good business.

Now we definitely need to figure out a date. What days are good for everyone? Weekends? Weekdays? Some time in August sounds good. That way we get enough time for people to request off and/or spread the word.

Edit: You can choose more than one day to vote for.

Last edited by Somnambulist; 08-01-2008 at 11:02 AM..
Somnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
sxshep

Trader Rating: (0)
sxshep is just really nicesxshep is just really nicesxshep is just really nicesxshep is just really nicesxshep is just really nicesxshep is just really nicesxshep is just really nicesxshep is just really nicesxshep is just really nicesxshep is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sunday nights i dont work, so my vote goes there haha
sxshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
boosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boosted98gst
I am not sure what places are good anymore, columbus is a real hot spot right now with cops after the big street racing bust they have a few weeks back. now any place with more then 10 cars cops are all over and, with the 5 deaths from racing this year prolly better to stay away. I also say sunday night
boosted98gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #4
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i'm game to meet wherever, dayton, cinci, or columbus. they closed the hooters on my end of town in dayton, so it would be a great excuse to go to hooters
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Columbus sounds great. Sat or sun nights too. I work every other weekend so I just need to grab someone to cover my shift if needed.

My grandparents own a cabin out near hocking hills. Its small but theres a ton of space on the lawn for parking and tents and a bon fire. Also got a boat.
The roads are a blast, non stop curves, elevation changes. We could do a meet there sometime, do some driving then get out on the boat/bonfire/get loaded...etc.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yea Columbus is a nice central location. it works...

I'll post this up on ohiodrifting.com and im sure someone can post it up on dayton240sx.com

lets do it......
Old 07-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #7
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted98gst View Post
I am not sure what places are good anymore, columbus is a real hot spot right now with cops after the big street racing bust they have a few weeks back. now any place with more then 10 cars cops are all over and, with the 5 deaths from racing this year prolly better to stay away. I also say sunday night
Very true, but I still think we'd be able to do it. We arrive, bullshit in the parking lot for a little while, then go grab some food and whatnot inside. If cops have a problem with that, then so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Habit View Post
Columbus sounds great. Sat or sun nights too. I work every other weekend so I just need to grab someone to cover my shift if needed.

My grandparents own a cabin out near hocking hills. Its small but theres a ton of space on the lawn for parking and tents and a bon fire. Also got a boat.
The roads are a blast, non stop curves, elevation changes. We could do a meet there sometime, do some driving then get out on the boat/bonfire/get loaded...etc.
That sounds fun! But it's not very central.. lol. Perhaps we can do that if we have a good success with this first one.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You guys aren't thinking downtown columbus are you?

The cops, roads, construction, and lunatic bike riders are terrible haha. (I recently hit a biker that basically threw himself in front of my car and is now trying to scrape up the insurance money... he got a ticket for it though and has been hit 3 times in the past year.)

I've seen a taco bell down there on High st. that gets a lot of donk, ricer, and biker meets if it is what you're thinking, though haha.

And the cops down here are generally cool. I ride a couple inches from the ground with a buddy club spec II and I don't even get looks.
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothonaleash View Post
You guys aren't thinking downtown columbus are you?

The cops, roads, construction, and lunatic bike riders are terrible haha. (I recently hit a biker that basically threw himself in front of my car and is now trying to scrape up the insurance money... he got a ticket for it though and has been hit 3 times in the past year.)

I've seen a taco bell down there on High st. that gets a lot of donk, ricer, and biker meets if it is what you're thinking, though haha.

And the cops down here are generally cool. I ride a couple inches from the ground with a buddy club spec II and I don't even get looks.
Haha I guess not. I don't think I was specifically thinking downtown Columbus.. But perhaps in one of the outlying suburbs or something.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #10
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmmm..... there's a buffalo wild wings about fifteen minutes from where I live. Tons of parking because it's in a mall square type deal. Trouble would be that it's always packed during the times we would think about going, but it's a viable option. Just so long as there are no major sporting events taking place at the time haha.
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:02 PM   #11
nathancolston
BANNED

nathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura about
im down i too vote for sun night. any night i guess iwork till 6 pm. c bus would be cool wouldnt mind getting out of dayton!
nathancolston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #12
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

boosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant futureboosted98gst has a brilliant future
I live in marysville outside its a small suburb of columbus its 13 miles north west of dublin ohio and has good food spots and places to chill with out the heat of columbus right now.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #13
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

That might be good.

What about Springfield, Circleville, or Grove City? Anyone know?
Old 07-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #14
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
idk maybe Beavercreek... or better yet

at Kilkare lol make it a drift event lol
Old 07-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #15
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulist View Post
That might be good.

What about Springfield, Circleville, or Grove City? Anyone know?
Grove city sucks circleville sucks, springfield is alright but for the guys coming from north is way more south then some will want to go.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #16
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
preferably a central place where anyone can get off a highway and not have to travel 20 mins to arrive at. Someplace like wings or whatever where we can sit down and bullshit without being hassled by staff or cops. I guess thats what everyone else just said..lol.

Either way as long as we stay civil I dont think we'll catch much heat.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #17
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

I can set it up at a local bw3 has lots of parking ect ect
Old 07-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #18
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Saturday NIGHTS works best for me... Friday nights & Sat Mornings & afternoons are Imposable for me until after October 19 (Columbus Marathon!) As my training runs (& prep for) take up allot of time..

P.s. Any one from Columbus have plans to attend the Marathon? (running or plans on being a spectator?)

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #19
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Grove city sucks circleville sucks, springfield is alright but for the guys coming from north is way more south then some will want to go.
Springfield is more west than anything.. It's even with Columbus, just west of it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Habit View Post
preferably a central place where anyone can get off a highway and not have to travel 20 mins to arrive at. Someplace like wings or whatever where we can sit down and bullshit without being hassled by staff or cops. I guess thats what everyone else just said..lol.

Either way as long as we stay civil I dont think we'll catch much heat.
Agreed. I don't plan on going to Columbus and racing or anything like that.

Quote:
I can set it up at a local bw3 has lots of parking ect ect
Where are you located again?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 AM   #20
nxpoweredsr20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
nxpoweredsr20 is a jewel in the roughnxpoweredsr20 is a jewel in the roughnxpoweredsr20 is a jewel in the roughnxpoweredsr20 is a jewel in the roughnxpoweredsr20 is a jewel in the roughnxpoweredsr20 is a jewel in the roughnxpoweredsr20 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nxpoweredsr20
im down for whenever....i know a sil80 and a rhd rps13 that would love to go too
nxpoweredsr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #21
dom0988

Trader Rating: (2)
dom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Any time on a sunday would be best for me.

As for a place to meet.. Why not Quaker Steak at Polaris? It's right off I-71 and they are pretty cool as long as people aren't dumbasses. Hooters in Columbus is all around nasty IMO not even worth it.
dom0988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #22
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom0988 View Post
Any time on a sunday would be best for me.

As for a place to meet.. Why not Quaker Steak at Polaris? It's right off I-71 and they are pretty cool as long as people aren't dumbasses. Hooters in Columbus is all around nasty IMO not even worth it.

This place is ricer infested and they got everyone from columbus racing kicked out. I think they only do bike week now on tues, and car gathering are not welcome anymore.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:32 PM   #23
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Springfield is more west than anything.. It's even with Columbus, just west of it..

Agreed. I don't plan on going to Columbus and racing or anything like that.

Where are you located again?

I am located in marysville ohio northwest of columbus around 13 miles outside of dublin(were honda of america is), yes your right springfield is more west then anything, but it would be unfair for the guys coming from cleveland area's unless they do not mind. Springfield is a busted ass town (no offense to anyone that lives there) but its just has way too much shit going on, and not good for car meets. Doing a nissan meet will be somewhat hard unless everyone does come, back in 2001 we seemed to have more nissans around. We should just set it up to where any car can come as long as they respect all the rules. Columbus has a huge scene now with many nice cars, it would be nice to get somthing where more people come.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #24
dom0988

Trader Rating: (2)
dom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
This place is ricer infested
guess that's why not then. Didn't realize that. bummer
dom0988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #25
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I am located in marysville ohio northwest of columbus around 13 miles outside of dublin(were honda of america is), yes your right springfield is more west then anything, but it would be unfair for the guys coming from cleveland area's unless they do not mind. Springfield is a busted ass town (no offense to anyone that lives there) but its just has way too much shit going on, and not good for car meets. Doing a nissan meet will be somewhat hard unless everyone does come, back in 2001 we seemed to have more nissans around. We should just set it up to where any car can come as long as they respect all the rules. Columbus has a huge scene now with many nice cars, it would be nice to get somthing where more people come.
I mean you'd be surprised if it was a Nissan meet. Just in Cincinnati, the past two years we've had Nissan meets and had a good turnout both times.

I say open it to ANY Nissans and/or Nissan powered.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #26
boosted98gst
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I mean you'd be surprised if it was a Nissan meet. Just in Cincinnati, the past two years we've had Nissan meets and had a good turnout both times.

I say open it to ANY Nissans and/or Nissan powered.
I went to one in dayton area 2 years ago and maybe 15 cars showed up, it was so boring.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #27
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I went to one in dayton area 2 years ago and maybe 15 cars showed up, it was so boring.
That's unfortunate, especially if you don't know anyone.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:10 PM   #28
slw240sx
Zilvia.net Advertiser

slw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to slw240sx
im down for bustown. how bout in the Hillard new rome are. west broad area out by dyno tune motor sports maybe have a dyno day over at Dyno brian's. I think he has a decent lot and located near a few food places. theres not much over that way but there are a lot of parking lots. Columbus also has 7-11's and its slurpee season!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:39 AM   #29
smokey861
Leaky Injector

smokey861 is just really nicesmokey861 is just really nicesmokey861 is just really nicesmokey861 is just really nicesmokey861 is just really nicesmokey861 is just really nicesmokey861 is just really nicesmokey861 is just really nicesmokey861 is just really nicesmokey861 is just really nice
^u had me at slurpee
Old 07-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #30
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Whatever works guys. Hah. I don't know much about Columbus.